'iPhone SE Plus' Concept Imagines Bezel-Free Compact Device With 4.7-Inch Display

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 25, 2017.

1. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

See Note 8

2. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

Glass back for Wireless Charging and we’ve got the ultimate iPhone 4 replacement. A million times ‘yes’

3. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Now THIS would be awesome. Even though I love my 7 and did the same with my 6S I still miss the incredible size of the 5S

Come on Apple. This with the internals of the 8 this spring - thank you very much

4. Johanson Maikel macrumors newbie

Johanson Maikel

Wow! This concept has straightly come out of my head! I would line up days before to buy an iPhone without the same form factor as an 5S but with all screen cover. And without a nothc of course!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    We should start a petition or something.
    Let’s all sign it!

5. fokmik macrumors 68030

Note 8 has bigger bezels top, and so from symmetry purpose, they had to go with same bigger bezel bot

6. Urban Joe Suspended

This is low hanging fruit for Apple. Jony Ive should not rest until this concept is reality. I'll take two. IMMEDIATELY !!!

7. mikecorp Suspended

mikecorp

mine is better. I give you all the specs with dual cameras, and larger battery.
    Iphone XE.jpg Iphone XE.png

8. jun180 macrumors regular

jun180

Oh please Apple just make this phone. I'd buy 3 in a heartbeat

9. nnoble macrumors 6502

Yes. Very nice and probably the only iPhone that would attract me in future. Not too soon though, my current SE is fine.

10. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

I would 100% drop the iphone 6 form-factor and get in line for this phone.

11. rctlr macrumors 6502a

A refresh of the innards please. Screen could be increased without form factor change, probably to 4.5" without the need of a "notch"

12. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

Yes, please.

Someone should punt this to the Apple PTB.

13. fokmik macrumors 68030

all send Apple, this link to iphones feedback category

14. cecil444 macrumors member

cecil444

Ugh...just...no. I would love for the next SE to adopt features of the iPhone X, but a bigger screen is the absolute last thing I want. The primary value of the SE is that it's the only model that allows you to reach the whole screen with one hand. I'd rather they shrunk the entire unit to accommodate an edge-to-edge 4" screen than to ratchet up the screen size like they've been doing with all the other models. Apple please update the SE but do not even think about touching the size of that screen!

15. splitpea macrumors 6502a

This. Exactly this. I don't need bezel-less or curved screens to make it harder to hold (or reach across one-handed) without touching the screen; or to make it harder to use screen protectors and protective cases. I don't need a fragile glass back or wireless charging. I don't need facial recognition. I like the damn home button. Fewer gestures, less looking at the damn screen. Oh, and a phone without a headphone jack? Forget it.

Two years in, I would gladly buy a refreshed phone with better specs and especially a better camera, maybe force touch. But if you try to take away my headphone jack or home button or require me to use a larger form factor, you'll be prying my cold dead SE from my hands a decade from now.

16. Joseph Rash macrumors member

Joseph Rash

If Apple would release an iPhone with a 5-inch screen it would be perfect for a lot of people, I thought Apple would make the iPhone 4.7 with fewer bezels, they did give us a bezel-less phone but they made the screen waaaay bigger for alot of people .

17. Gorms macrumors 6502

Gorms

This looks amazing. I'd consider going back to a 4 inch device for this. The unfortunate reality is though, to get those front and back camera components in there you'd have to sacrifice non-integral components, Like I dunno, probably the entire battery? Annoying, because without those front camera components, you can't have a fullscreen device.

18. fourthtunz, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

fourthtunz macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

Or it may be Apple testing the waters?
    It don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    Heh the 8+ is huge! I really like it but its taking some getting used to!
    I do like the larger screen but feel silly when its on my hip or just pulling it out :)
    I bought the Watch 3 with cellular and so far I think the two are going to work well together
    (and separately as well):)
    Rock on!

19. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

iPhone SE+ ?
    Surely it needs to be the iPhone SE X

20. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I def be interested in getting this if it becomes a reality.

James

21. Yorkshire Lad macrumors member

Yorkshire Lad

Ah, be careful what you wish for. If Apple did test the waters with a OLED SE, it'll lose the headphone jack, gain a glass back and be ever-so-slightly a different size, so your 5S/SE cases won't fit.

Personally, if they up the specs next March (I could see them dropping the 6/6S at the same time), I'd be happy. If they gave me better specs and a larger OLED screen in the same form factor, brilliant. But it's all about the size and headphone jack for me, really.

22. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

23. djlythium macrumors 6502a

djlythium

The only thing wrong with the concept is that it would need a glass back for wireless charging, which Apple would trickle down by the time this concept is made.

24. epictempo macrumors regular

Call it the iPhone SE(X). Provocative marketing is proven.

25. Pilgrim1099 Suspended

THIS. THIS!!

This is what Apple should've done in the first damn place! That's what you call a proper smartphone design. Now if they did a 4.7 or 5 inch version of that actual SE design, that would have been excellent. Plus, the headphone jack would still be there and the camera flush without sticking out.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    That's easy to solve. Enlarge the Apple logo on the back a bit more and turn that logo spot into glass just for wireless charging while the rest is aluminum. There is NO reason to have the entire back of the phone be glass just for the sake of wireless charging.