Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Using the device over the last week I've surprisingly seen an improvement. It's not a massive change but it gets me through 3/4 of the day rather than just 1/5 compared the before!
It helped a bit restoring the phone and creating a new backup to restore from beforehand.

It still gets hot. Haven't facetimed, but it's still a very warm phone. Battery got a bit better in terms of it's life, maybe a tad worse on 11.2.2. Hopefully 11.2.5/11.3 changes things.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I'm having the same issues with my X. I am on my second one and it's getting progressively worse battery life everyday and disturbingly warm. Charging takes forever as well and it's extremely laggy overall. Also turning on low power mode essentially bricks the phone because it gets even more unresponsive. I have scheduled a visit to the Apple store to show them what's up and see what sort of fix can be done.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
So I ended up getting a replacement iPhone X and it seemed fine but the last two days the same issues have came back. Anyone have any solutions?

Prasad Goud

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2018
Anyone else experiencing incredibly poor battery with the X? (4.5hrs 0-100%) I have things such as background app refresh, restrictions on some apps using location, decreased screen brightness etc.. all turned off... Charge up time is ridiculously slow - 30% increase in 45 minutes. On top of this, it seems to get ridiculously hot the second its unlocked to even do the most basic tasks.
[doublepost=1517993633][/doublepost]i am also same problem having with my I phone X when i watching videos my phone getting very hot
It helped a bit restoring the phone and creating a new backup to restore from beforehand.

It still gets hot. Haven't facetimed, but it's still a very warm phone. Battery got a bit better in terms of it's life, maybe a tad worse on 11.2.2. Hopefully 11.2.5/11.3 changes things.

Chachafrommanila

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2018
Some people talking like it’s should be completely normal for the device to heat up. It shouldn’t. Apple knows about the pcb heating up and didn’t do anything nor warn the buyers about it. It’a such a let down to everyone who had high expectations. The issue here is that apple should have made a way to make the phone dissipate heat much better to avoid these issues and not make it a norm. Mine got issues with heating up while playing augmented reality apps within 10-15mins and all apple did was say that my phone is totally fine. Even blamed the apps. (I have tried at least 6 augmented reality games) AR is a new feature on iPhone 8 and X so I guess there’s something wrong with the device if it starts to warm up in just 3mins through the game. Yeah they won’t replace my device either.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Some people talking like it’s should be completely normal for the device to heat up. It shouldn’t. Apple knows about the pcb heating up and didn’t do anything nor warn the buyers about it. It’a such a let down to everyone who had high expectations. The issue here is that apple should have made a way to make the phone dissipate heat much better to avoid these issues and not make it a norm. Mine got issues with heating up while playing augmented reality apps within 10-15mins and all apple did was say that my phone is totally fine. Even blamed the apps. (I have tried at least 6 augmented reality games) AR is a new feature on iPhone 8 and X so I guess there’s something wrong with the device if it starts to warm up in just 3mins through the game. Yeah they won’t replace my device either.

I’ve been lucky they replaced mine but it gets abnormally (even the tech put it down after ten seconds) hot just sitting there day to day. It’s not even my daily driver phone I just use it around the office and half the time it’s just baking away.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Only time your phone should get warm is maybe watching videos or video games, especially if the screen brightness is turn way up. The CPU makes heat and the only way to get rid of it is by making the phone warm.

To those who claim their phone is "hot", it is not normal. But there is a difference in warm and hot.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Only time your phone should get warm is maybe watching videos or video games, especially if the screen brightness is turn way up. The CPU makes heat and the only way to get rid of it is by making the phone warm.

To those who claim their phone is "hot", it is not normal. But there is a difference in warm and hot.

I'm on phone number 2 that is legitimately hot. My 7 and 8 get warm but this is blatantly hot. The entire phone is warm but over by the camera the phone is hot.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm on phone number 2 that is legitimately hot. My 7 and 8 get warm but this is blatantly hot. The entire phone is warm but over by the camera the phone is hot.

To me hot is not normal. My X hardly has got warm, even after 90 minutes on FaceTime it is barely warm.

Got to be something running to heat it up like that. If it get hot it has to be using a lot of battery to do so.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
To me hot is not normal. My X hardly has got warm, even after 90 minutes on FaceTime it is barely warm.

Got to be something running to heat it up like that. If it get hot it has to be using a lot of battery to do so.

I agree. Battery life has abysmal and the main user of battery is the Messages app. I have been using the phone more frequently to try and figure it out and noticed the battery drain. Also low power mode causes extreme lag and instability. I am not sure the root cause of why, this was setup as a new phone not much going on with it otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.