iPhone X iPhone X crackle speakers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShadowYYZ, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Dkoc13 macrumors member

I will and yea I noticed a lot less complaining for that and about the yellow screens. Hopefully this is the last one I’ll go through

2. Drewsharp macrumors newbie

Drewsharp

I’ve ordered a new one, the last one had dust in the lens and the speaker sounded horrible. The new will arrive 27 December in the Apple store, I hope this will be the last, terrible experience with this device.

3. MrKvnn macrumors newbie

Do you need all the accessories if Apple swap the phone? I lost my earpods and dont have enough time to find it.

4. Drewsharp macrumors newbie

Drewsharp

Yes, if you want your money back or a new one

5. tuman macrumors newbie

I’ve exchanged 3 iPhone X today in three different apple stores. The issue seems to be with every one of them.

6. azzam39 macrumors newbie

what's the date of the shipment behind the iPhone x box ???

is it 11/17
    or 12/17

7. Sohsan macrumors newbie

Any updates?

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Now I know what you guys mean.

I got a replacement X for my pink tint screen and the new one cracks like crazy. Old one doesn’t do it at all. Keeping my old phone.

New one had that stupid popping sound too

9. Dkoc13 macrumors member

Update phone is pink screen with tt off and still crackles week 50 sim free this is getting returned ASAP

10. Rafaelpaezc, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017

Rafaelpaezc macrumors newbie

The lastest production units are going to have the same issue. Apple has not acknowledge publicly the issue. So, new phones are still being manufactured with the same parts and hardware. I am keeping my 2nd replacement because the screen is just perfect in all sense. The previous one had the terrible pink tint. I am just hopping that 11.2.5 fixes the issue like someone posted before.

11. tuman macrumors newbie

after spending 1 hour on talking with apple support, they told me engineers are aware of the issue and researching it

12. MRFramerate macrumors newbie

Hi !
    So i talked with apple support too and she told me that she will bring up the issue to the engineers and that they're aware like said tuman . She told me that she will call me back when the engineers will tell her what to do whith me (3-4 days).
    I hope i will get a brand new iphone X . Do you think that's what they'll do ?

Btw , I'm french so this issue doesn't affect only USA's iphone X . ( Sorry for my English)

13. tuman macrumors newbie

It won’t help as I exchanged three iPhones and all of them had this problem. The only hope seems to be only with software update

14. kirk.vino macrumors member

They always say that! It has been the same hackneyed phrase for over a decade. They are instructed to say this. Nothing is gonna get changed until the newer version is released next year.
    This issue is not even that prominent. I exhached 3 X’s, but it was not related to this. They all had this depending on a played source. Sometimes it’s not even there at all. It’s just how they are. People here have way too much time on their hands. These speakers are designed this way. Either live with it or return for a full refund, but they will not change the speaker component and/or suppliers until next year.

15. Zack93 macrumors newbie

Zack93

Well for me it’s not that simple. I’ve been following this thread from the start and i can safely say that this is NOT a issue that is present on all iPhone X’s out there. My close friend bought one last week and when we compared it was night and day.

My conclusion is that either you accept it or else you go for the changing game and hope for a device that does not sound like **** at 100% volume.

Im on my 2nd iPhone X now and this one is as bad as my first one and im thinking about what my next step should be.

16. PBz macrumors 65816

PBz

I’ve had really bad speaker clipping/crackle in apps on several iPhone 8 Plus. Tried working woth Apple on it but there is no resolution. Option is to get $ back and go Android for a year or so or take chances with regular 8. What is going on with Apple??
    --- Post Merged, Dec 21, 2017 ---
    Apple Engineers also aware of speaker clipping/crackle issue with 8 Plus. No resolution at this time. Apple has offered to refund my for my 8 Plus.

17. phyzul macrumors newbie

Just turn off SOUND CHECK

SETTING >> MUSIC >> (scroll to bottom of screen and disable) SOUND CHECK

18. miula macrumors newbie

No difference, still crackles’and hisses...

19. germaocruz macrumors member

germaocruz

I think it’s a design matter and won’t have solution

20. GomerBoy macrumors regular

What is sound check supposed to even do?

21. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

Apple will probably update iOS so the max volume will be 90% instead. #throttlegate

22. GomerBoy macrumors regular

My volume can only be at a quarter and it still does the crackling while multitasking. It doesn’t matter if it’s at full volume or not.

23. Sam N Bama macrumors newbie

Sam N Bama

I may be way off base since I don't own an iPhoneX, but I had a sililar problem with my MacBook Pro this year. The crackle came from the right speaker only. (Perhaps a "stereo" issue only? ) I worked with Apple tech. They acted like it was the first time they had hear of it even though the net was full of comments and complaints. I arragned to retrun my MB for service but kept on troubleshooting. I finally disabled Soundflower. Crackel gone!

All that said, I know little about Soundflower's relationship with Apple. Is there similar software on the iPhone?

24. GomerBoy macrumors regular

What is Soundflower? Is it an app? That’s amazing it stoped the crackling on your MacBook! Does anyone know if there is sometimes like this that can “patch” the crackling on the 8 Plus?

25. PBz macrumors 65816

PBz

This. Volume doesn’t matter.