iPhone X iPhone X crackle speakers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShadowYYZ, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Sam N Bama macrumors newbie

Sam N Bama

Soundflowewr is a third-party app that appeared on the scene somewhere around or just after Maverick. It expanded the versatility of Mac's native sound app and allowed interfacaing with some TPAs. I did not DL it on my own initiative but it came bundled or liked with an app I was testing - I'm not sure which at this stage. It seemed stable until I upgraded to Sierra or High Sierra. That is when the crackling began. Apple pushed out an update this past summer and that was the start of my woes until I disabled Soundflower.

That's about all I can add. All I know is that it cured my "right speaker static and crackle." Again, with the iPhone X's approrach to stereo and the crackle coming from only one speaker (is it "right channel"???) I suspect the origin may be software.

2. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Add PCalc to app having the issue. Not obvious with number keys but the MC/AC keys have the clipping issue.

3. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

I think its software too. Bad calibration of stereo channel or something. Isnt normal so many devices with a hardware problem like this. iOS 11 come with a lot of bugs. Maybe soon fix this with an upgrade.

4. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I really hope so. I have provided Apple with quite a bit of info, samples & video of issue.

5. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Nice! Thanks for putting in input..maybe it’ll help Apple!

6. stokyo macrumors newbie

Pretty sure this is a hardware issue. My current iPhone X doesn’t crackle at all. Exchanged it 3 times. Other ones had noticeable crackle sounds when using full volume. Current one is a week 51 production phone.

7. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

Not all units has been afected, so maybe some units or some providers of this piece are wrong. Apple have to change the component or the provider, and fix it soon. Hope new units from january-february 2018 doesnt come with this.

8. PBz, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018

PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I was told a replacement would have the same issue. Had several 8 Plus replaced & all had the issue.

So what do we do?

9. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

Wait for the next X... if this is hardware, its a serious gate, like antenagate or bendgate

10. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

This would explain a lot.

11. Raining_bows macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone X on launch day with my husband, He has no issues with his phone, My iPhone slowly started buzzing, crackling, doing the same thing, now however it has gotten worse, slowly got worse and worse and degraded, then yesterday finally it stopped working all together, the bottom speaker is great no problem there, the top speaker , can't hear anyone on calls, no music ( i'm currently in Brazil so no apple store here, so I have to wait until i'm back in the UK) so I decided to turn my phone off, big mistake, my phone then got stuck on the apple logo screen, even after a hard reset, so after putting it in recovery mode, I got it back up and running, I contacted apple via chat, they basically did the same thing I did already, and told me to try not let my battery die or turn off the phone, so that was great help! what type of advice is that! Also, when I told them about the speaker issue they said that they hadn't heard about it, and if it was more then my phone there would be "chatter" about it online, so I directed the representative to the thread on their own forum, and to here, and various google links, to which he said he knew nothing about it,..... so I decided to try beta 11.2.5, that didn't help, so I downgraded back to 11.2.1 and then wiped my phone set up as new and restored it, somehow on the 5th time, it helped, my phone turned back on without getting stuck on the apple logo, then suddenly the top speaker worked again for one call, then VERY quiet, I can hear the person on the other end if theres no other noise, but no good in public or anything like that, and as for music, well lets just say its good I have the bottom speaker still... I can make calls using speaker phone and the top speaker is so non existent that I don't notice the crackle,I do think its software related, but of course I won't know until the next update, or when i'm back home in the UK and can at least try to get it replaced so I can make calls, I just thought id share whats happening with my iPhone,

12. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

Hope this is a software problem... These are the firts stereo iPhone, and iOS 11 sucks a lot, so maybe they need more time to push and update and configure well the speakers.

13. Raining_bows macrumors newbie

So. just a little update, I was using my iPhone (reading the news) and it just crashed and then is now stuck on the apple logo screen...

14. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Not really speaker related.

15. Raining_bows macrumors newbie

well it Kinda is, I turned off my phone because the speaker failed, as you can read in my previous posts, and then stuck on logo screen, so was kinda a warning to others with the speaker issue to maybe not turn it off, because getting it working again, takes quite the long time, sooo. yeah, speaker related

16. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

My bad.. missed related post.

17. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

Waiting for 11.2.5 final and hope this can be fixed.. or maybe we have to wait for next X. Apple should say something about this.

18. Jutah, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

Jutah macrumors member

Tested it, jumping back and forth, it sound great, probably just too narrow high le
    vel at around 42’’, but I think it ok.

Are there specific point of the song that should be tested?

Oh, to be thorough, I heard some kinda crackle in the opening of this power song, can’t understand If it’s related to the track or not: test “tonight tonight” by Los Angeles, on iTunes.

19. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

Apple launch 3 beta of iOS 11.2.5. Lets see what happen.

20. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I’m waiting for the OTA.

21. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Didn’t resolve.

22. kneezmo macrumors regular

kneezmo

23. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

24. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

I’m holding out hope that Apple can resolve this...if they can, then the 8 Plus is a perfect iPhone!