iPhone X Gestures that Replace Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TechNismo, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

I made a quick video (less than 2 mins) on almost all gestures that you would need on an iPhone X. Please don't hate too much, just was trying something new. I know this is a late post, but here you go:

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Gesture-based action is prone to error. No matter how Apple and people spin it, I will keep this point here forever.

3. TechNismo thread starter macrumors 6502

TechNismo

To each their own.

4. Enhancer4004 macrumors newbie

After just a weekend of use, navigating without a home button seems almost effortless. It's intuitive and very fluid. As a matter of fact, when I pick up my wife's 8 plus, the button feels almost......unnecessary.

The only somewhat disappointing aspect is closing apps, but I'll get used to it after while.

5. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

I watched a review video yesterday (Detroitborg's on Youtube) of the iPhone X. I decided to return the iPhone 8 and stopped by the Apple Store today. I got to play around with the iPhone X and I couldn't believe that I had no trouble handling the new gestures. I really like the gestures but I wish the battery indicator was shown in the status bar. It was actually fun to use the iPhone X and I knew it was the phone for me! Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock so I'll have to check at 6 a.m. when the stock refreshes..

6. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Pulling down Control Center shows the battery %, for the few times it actually matters to me.

7. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

If it's intuitive now, it was intuitive back then when Palm, BlackBerry, and Nokia tried to show the way but all of them were hemorrhaging money circa 2011.

^ Joanna Stern is kinda cute. Note when she isn't an Animoji. I wished she did The Verge review instead of Nilay.