Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Amazing how a handful of people keep knocking the X at every turn. What is motivating them to go so hard after a phone?
[doublepost=1507654672][/doublepost]
Applejuiced doesn't like it everyone. Just a heads up.

Are you sure, he's only posted like a million posts everywhere knocking it. I kind of figured he was undecided ;)

Reactions: DNichter

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
That aside you know what they say about assumptions right? I never claimed Jobs would approve of the notch. Again you’re making asimptions and putting words in my mouth. I’m challenging that your assumption that Jobs would disapprove is without basis.

That’s the thing... AppleJusticed is putting words in my mouth. I never claimed Jobs would have approved. I’m just asking that Applejuiced back up his claim that Jobs would disapprove.
It’s simply a silly argument that can go no where. All conjecture with out any potential proof unless Steve left behind a secret diary document of future plans. Which could be argued that directions could change given new tech and market conditions unknown at time of writing.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hey I wont post my personal opinion any more if it bothers you that much:D
I dont want you to feel bad for wasting your money on it :D

Amazing how a handful of people keep knocking the X at every turn. What is motivating them to go so hard after a phone?
[doublepost=1507654672][/doublepost]

Are you sure, he's only posted like a million posts everywhere knocking it. I kind of figured he was undecided ;)

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Hey I wont post my personal opinion any more if it bothers you that much:D
I dont want you to feel bad for wasting your money on it :D

Being on the leading edge of tech is a hobby of mine. So it won't be wasted money

Who knows how the X will turn out, I don't and I suspect other than an opinion on how it looks in a handful of photos, do you.

So maybe if we wait until the phone is out we can an intelligent discussion on it. But that discussion should be between folks who have it, not folks on the outside looking in.

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
I am not sure why people say this. The notch is a design decision that isn't going anywhere. There isn't anything to defend, it is what it is. Some people like it, some don't. Both are fine because it's a personal preference. You saying the notch is horrible design holds as much weight as me saying it's amazing design.
If Apple would allow the developers to fill it in with black then I would be fine with it, Apple not allowing any function to it is disappointing, it would give both sides what they want

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
I'll have to test it out in person when it comes out but until then discussion about it can still be made.
Because this is obviously a discussion forum with ideas and points that you might not agree on.
Imagine that :D

Being on the leading edge of tech is a hobby of mine. So it won't be wasted money

Who knows how the X will turn out, I don't and I suspect other than an opinion on how it looks in a handful of photos, do you.

So maybe if we wait until the phone is out we can an intelligent discussion on it. But that discussion should be between folks who have it, not folks on the outside looking in.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
If Apple would allow the developers to fill it in with black then I would be fine with it, Apple not allowing any function to it is disappointing, it would give both sides what they want

I don't think it would give Apple exactly what they want. I think the notch is partly to give the iPhone X a distinct look. So they wouldn't want developers to hide it, as they state in their guidelines.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
I'll have to test it out in person when it comes out but until then discussion about it can still be made.
Because this is obviously a discussion forum with ideas and points that you might not agree on.
Imagine that :D

A discussion forum about things you know very little to nothing about? Sounds more like a gossip forum to me. But feel free to keep telling us how you hate the X based on a few photos you saw online. We’ll give your posts all the credibility they’re due.

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
A discussion forum about things you know very little to nothing about? Sounds more like a gossip forum to me. But feel free to keep telling us how you hate the X based on a few photos you saw online. We’ll give your posts all the credibility they’re due.

A rumours forum, even.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
I know, its hard to believe:D
A forum that is actually called mac rumors and people discuss rumors without first using an item. Far fetched idea for sure :D

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Sorry but this iPhone X is the upgrade for the normal iphone. For the iphone plus the upgrade is coming next year with that 6.4”
So how is this piece of crap this X model vs iphone 6 or iphone 7 with 4.7”?

Because its valued at $1000.00. Thats why its a piece of crap. At that display size......thats a big NO NO !!!! :rolleyes:

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Rumors are different than what you’re doing. Your just trolling the X.

But have a nice life, moving on to posts of value.

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017

Uuff! Wait till november this forum will break with all the 8 vs X trash. It will be memorable. :D

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I guess I missed something, when did bigger screen equal better phone.

Am I the only one who remembers the Fake News that Apple was doomed unless they released an iPhone mini/nano?
[doublepost=1507672322][/doublepost]
Rumors are different than what you’re doing. Your just trolling the X.

But have a nice life, moving on to posts of value.

Glad someone said it. Better to not feed the trolls. I forget who, but someone’s post opened my eyes. This board seems to have optimists and pssemists. Is the glass full or half empty?

Is the iPhone X’s notch allowing for more usable space or is it cutting into the screen and reducing usable space? I’m the optimist. The notch enabled Apple to gain a higher screen to body ratio over previous models.

Reactions: Jimpilot

J D A

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2015
It’s either the notch, or a skinny upper bezel like design similar to EVERYONE else...Samsung etc.

The notch actually creates more screen space and it’s closer to bezel free than the other offerings.

And besides let’s actually use one first.

Wow I rarely ever log into post but this is some next level coping with a strong name to logic ratio. I hope you aren't serious.

Like that's some olympic gold medal worthy mental gymnastics

The notch is terrible design, compounded by the fact that they don't bother blacking it out when necessary. In what world is this acceptable?

TNlMV5w.jpg

rW91FKn.png

Reactions: roeiz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.