Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doogle

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Australia
image from a 3gp file posted on funformobile...

Attachments

• touch2.jpg
    touch2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,118
M

Mammalpants

The "leaked photos"...What if???

This is more closely related to the Hi-Fi concept?? All of the patent sketches and mockups show the "tablet style" presentation, with the human hands in proportion to the screen (like a tablet), the patents for the keyboards/input device on-screens...so what if the hi-fi, which is supposed to be "DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT" from anything we have seen, IS this type of tablet-style media device? imagine hanging it on your wall, hooking it up to speakers, using the new remote that apple is putting everywhere to control media from anywhere in a room or walking up to it and selecting items directly on the screen, the front-row style menus...all of this would make sense....download videos and movies to watch on the device or connect to your ipod...
the tablet becomes the new hi-fi...the new boom box...unlike anything we have ever seen or really expected...and on top of it all, it has apple style.
all i know is i have heard many people say that they wish they could hang their imacs with remotes on their walls...

texasmafia

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2005
Texas
Mammalpants said:
This is more closely related to the Hi-Fi concept?? All of the patent sketches and mockups show the "tablet style" presentation, with the human hands in proportion to the screen (like a tablet), the patents for the keyboards/input device on-screens...so what if the hi-fi, which is supposed to be "DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT" from anything we have seen, IS this type of tablet-style media device? imagine hanging it on your wall, hooking it up to speakers, using the new remote that apple is putting everywhere to control media from anywhere in a room or walking up to it and selecting items directly on the screen, the front-row style menus...all of this would make sense....download videos and movies to watch on the device or connect to your ipod...
the tablet becomes the new hi-fi...the new boom box...unlike anything we have ever seen or really expected...and on top of it all, it has apple style.
all i know is i have heard many people say that they wish they could hang their imacs with remotes on their walls...

Some good thoughts. I like the way you are thinking outside the box

(L)

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2005
No
Posts deleted?

Is it just me or has the number of posts gone down? I swear I was #1111, #1114, and maybe later...

Chuck

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
(L) said:
Is it just me or has the number of posts gone down? I swear I was #1111, #1114, and maybe later...

Is this question the new replacement for "What's that Chinese writing say?"

Yep - lots of posts were removed because of a childish argument.

Moses:SonOfGod

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006
fruit towers
What kind of processor would this iPod (if it's true) have to have? On the current 5G iPods there's a really noticeable lag for playing videos, using the calendar etc. I hope Apple use something with a bit more power this time.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
If this turns out to be fake then the person who started this whole thing must be laughing his arse off.

bboyredcel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
this is real.

Apple's part numbers go in order... the M8***/A indicates that it is an older product, which is just not possible... MA***/A are the part numbers for the most current products and the fact that this part # starts out MB***/A indicates that it is BRAND NEW and that apple has run out of MA***/A part numbers... i believe this is a real photo because of that consistency...

if you know anything about apple's part numbering system you would know that that is not an 8 but is definitly a B because new items come out with sequential part numbers ie: all nano's have sequential part #'s because of this system...

once they run out of #'s they move on to the next letter:
ie: M9999LL/A (though apple never goes as high as 9999) would cue the next part # to be MA000LL/A and so forth... MA040LL/A is the G5 iMac it was one of the first products to have an MA part #... this iPod sporting an MB part # really gets me believing that it is infact the 6G iPod..

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
bboyredcel-

This has been discussed at length already, and you are right in saying if it is a B then it might fit in with Apples current part code conventions. It might also be an old label peeled off an old product (If it is an 8, then I think it's the code for Mac OS X Panther Server) It's not really proof either way, the label could be faked.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
B B B B B B B B B B B B B B, Shall The Letter B!

YOU HAVE TO LOOK VERY CLOSELY TO SEE IT..THAT LOOK PRETTY REAL THOUGH, DID U SEE THAT ONE DUDE THAT WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT CREATIVE WAS GOING TO DO THIS... theyre to smaa of a compant to come out with a nice product like this photo...i'll be the first one in line to buy this if they come out with it.:)

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
click here

this will work

its on .Mac servers so it will be very slow...:p

p.s. couldn't seem to get the link working from original website so I downloaded and am now hosting it for your viewing pleasure.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Yes, unless it is real and apple put together the video to keep us of the scent! (very much doubt it though!):p

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
iMeowbot said:
Now this is getting obnoxious. The video shows how it could be faked, but it's a recreation :(

This video may show how this could have been faked. no description was given. Interesting :cool:

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
iMeowbot said:
Now this is getting obnoxious. The video shows how it could be faked, but it's a recreation :(

I think he must have recreated some of the steps again, as he probably didn't film/photograph them in the first place. If you look at the final images in the video its identical.

Aqua Structure

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2005
TMA said:
I think he must have recreated some of the steps again, as he probably didn't film/photograph them in the first place. If you look at the final images in the video its identical.
Not quite, actually. The color bars are a little different.

But it's clearly the same original photograph, and it's clearly the same guy. Case closed.

Aqua Structure

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2005
I just noticed something bizarre. Go to Google Netherlands Image Search here, and do a search for lcd color test like in the movie. The picture of the dude with the television doesn't come up.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Aqua Structure said:
I just noticed something bizarre. Go to Google Netherlands Image Search here, and do a search for lcd color test like in the movie. The picture of the dude with the television doesn't come up.

Google search results will change over time. I also believe he put together this video after all the attention of the image on the internet, and in doing so he recreated some of the steps (see above post about writing on tape not being identical) The string he entered in google images could have been different.

Aqua Structure

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2005
TMA said:
Google search results will change over time. I also believe he put together this video after all the attention of the image on the internet, and in doing so he recreated some of the steps (see above post about writing on tape not being identical) The string he entered in google images could have been different.
Aye. I'm not saying it substantiates anything, I'm just saying that I found that a little odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.