Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phannon666

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Bucks, UK
Has anyone ordered their Revo2 from eoutlet.co.uk ? I ordered about 4 days ago and am just wondering how long yours all took, I'm aware they label the product with 5-7 days availability, I'm just wondering. Order info still says "In Process" atm.

demiurgical

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
NYC
I love my iSkin Revo 3G (ozone). Just 2 minor issues. Especially love the included anti-glare/smudges screen protector (seems to be slightly improved from the one included with the first Revo? minus the privacy ridges)

1. The hole for the top ear speaker doesn't seem to want to line up, the hole is always above the speaker. Anyone else having this mis-alignment?

2. The part around the screen where the plastic screen protector would grip onto the rubber seems to flare out a bit like there's not enough material.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
I love my iSkin Revo 3G (ozone). Just 2 minor issues. Especially love the included anti-glare/smudges screen protector (seems to be slightly improved from the one included with the first Revo? minus the privacy ridges)

1. The hole for the top ear speaker doesn't seem to want to line up, the hole is always above the speaker. Anyone else having this mis-alignment?

2. The part around the screen where the plastic screen protector would grip onto the rubber seems to flare out a bit like there's not enough material.
i have the same problem with the ear speaker but i think its fine becuase u can still hear fine but it is quite annoying.
espo

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Same two issues here but:

Issue #1 does not seem to impact the sound as I can hear callers just fine.

Issue #2 I think could get worse over time as it seems to pull a little when the visor is on. The good news is even with the flairing out it covers the entire bezel.

Even with these 2 minor observations I am 100% satisfied with the case :)

xenuprime

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
I just got my black case with clip and I love both!

No sag at all.
Slight bulge/ill fit on one side of the screen (barely noticed and looks like it will go away over time).

The only real problem I have is trying to put it face out into the clip. It is such a tight fit that I don't want to try it again! I keep it face in anyways, but if I want to use the clip as a stand it would be aggravating every time.

megax

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2007
I got mine today in Onyx, its nice i like the feel off it but it seems to be off on the left side and i really dont like the fact it doesnt have the outline around the bezel like the 1st revo did and the headphone port always seems to be sticking up never flush but otherwise im satisfied

phannon666

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Bucks, UK
Been a week since I made my order at eoutlet.co.uk, they took my money on monday, but no word of dispatch. If there's one thing I hate it's poor service.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Received my clear case today , im not happy with it i rather just have a skin on my phone.
I will be sending it back once they send me a return authorization number.

By the way if anyone in the US is interested in the case let me know before i get the Return Authorization number. PM me

phannon666

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Bucks, UK
eoutlet got back to me fast, apparently they have not received their stock yet, apologised for charging my card early and will offer me a goodwill gesture of some variety once I've got the skin:D

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
I just got the Blue one today from the Apple store. I like the look and feel of it.

One important question though:

Will this case scratch up the chrome like other popular rubber/silicone *cough cough Incase* cases?

oceansize

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Seattle
dock question resolved?

If you really love the case, why not just return the 3G dock and get an apple universal dock or 3rd party one that will allow you to dock the phone with the case on it? I find it more of a struggle to find a good case that a dock it will fit in. Thanks for the review, either way.

Hi,

I ordered my Revo2 a few days ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I wonder if anyone got a solid answer to the dock question. It sounds like the SendStation dock extender will not work with the Revo2, and the 3G dock won't work with the Revo2. Will the Apple universal dock definitely work with the Revo2? Other 3rd party docking suggestions? Thanks!

Joel

thomahawk0

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
I just got the Blue one today from the Apple store. I like the look and feel of it.

Will this case scratch up the chrome like other popular rubber/silicone *cough cough Incase* cases?

I have been using mine for a few weeks now and the chrome trim still looks like new (minus the one or two scratches it got while waiting for the revo2.

bumfudley

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
Hi,

I ordered my Revo2 a few days ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I wonder if anyone got a solid answer to the dock question. It sounds like the SendStation dock extender will not work with the Revo2, and the 3G dock won't work with the Revo2. Will the Apple universal dock definitely work with the Revo2? Other 3rd party docking suggestions? Thanks!

Joel

The Revo2 will NOT work with the iPhone 3G Dock, but it does work with both the Apple Universal dock with no inserts and the Logitech iPhone speakers I use. You just have to pull back the dock cover on the case when inserting it.

oceansize

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Seattle
If you really love the case, why not just return the 3G dock and get an apple universal dock or 3rd party one that will allow you to dock the phone with the case on it? I find it more of a struggle to find a good case that a dock it will fit in. Thanks for the review, either way.

The Revo2 will NOT work with the iPhone 3G Dock, but it does work with both the Apple Universal dock with no inserts and the Logitech iPhone speakers I use. You just have to pull back the dock cover on the case when inserting it.

Great, thanks a lot!

Joel

MxChino

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Just bought mine from the apple store about an hour ago. It's ok at best. Way, way, way overpriced.

1. The fit and finish on this thing is not the fit and finish on a $40 case. Loose strands of silicon everywhere.

2. Terrible cutting job. My silence switch is incredibly hard to to reach when the phone is silenced, they didn't make the hole big enough. My dock cover isnt even cut straight, its actually cut at angle, it does cover it, but come on it should be at least cut straight for $40.

3. The visor does not fit the back of the case very well at all. If i remember right the first revo when the visor was on the back it snapped into place. This one it does not. It just barely hangs on. Not to mention the visor was cut horrible as well too. Sharp edges and what almost looked like pieces were broken off around the edges.

I did go through two cases at the apple store hoping some of these issues was just limited to the one case, but its not. Both cases were pretty bad finish wise. The second one a little better. The speaker hole at least lined up correctly.

In the end, i'm probably going to end up keeping it because the protection it provides is second to none, with the very soft silicone I dont believe it will scratch the bezel much, if at all. For $40 dollars i would not buy it again until some of these problems are addressed.

xenuprime

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
That sucks! It sounds like you ran into a bad batch. On the inside flap of my Revo box there is a date of 7/30/08. My case is perfect. I do not have any of the issues you list except one: the visor does not fit the back very well. I don't think this is a product defect because you are only supposed to temporaraly keep the visor there while you are accessing your phone. It is not meant to be a "visor storage".

Maybe if you tell iskin your problem they can send you a better finished one?

HouseofG

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Strange indeed. Other than the visor fitting poorly on the back, I had none of these issues. I don't even keep the visor with the phone anymore because I feel like I have all the protection I need with the case and a screen cover from the Jam Jacket (bought it just for their cover!), and it feels MUCH less bulky without the visor hanging on. Plus, I never have anything in my pocket with my iPhone. I'll just use the visor for travel.

skreet6220

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2008
My iskin Revo 2

Very pleased with my iskin revo 2, and im also using the invisibleshield which is VERY awsome, but im only using the back piece because i am very anal about the teeny scratches that show up on the back from dust and debris. Only 2 minor concerns with it, any anyone please post if you have the same issues
1. The plastic screen cover seems too small because it does not seem big enough due to the gap on the top and bottom. (very small gap, but noticeable)
2. flap where the screen protector on the sides are slightly not aligned with the case itself. Very hard to explain but if anyone can share their issues also

Attachments

• 0818082044.jpg
    0818082044.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 0818082044a.jpg
    0818082044a.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 94

Kristianatiskin

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Mississauga On Canada
Hey there,

Sorry everyone for not beeing around latly - goign to go through and catch up on any questions - been a crazy couple weeks for me!

As for this particular post - you think you can take more pictures so that i can see better what you are talking about. its not quite clear what your trying to explain.

kw

Very pleased with my iskin revo 2, and im also using the invisibleshield which is VERY awsome, but im only using the back piece because i am very anal about the teeny scratches that show up on the back from dust and debris. Only 2 minor concerns with it, any anyone please post if you have the same issues
1. The plastic screen cover seems too small because it does not seem big enough due to the gap on the top and bottom. (very small gap, but noticeable)
2. flap where the screen protector on the sides are slightly not aligned with the case itself. Very hard to explain but if anyone can share their issues also

Kristianatiskin

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Mississauga On Canada

Hey there,

to answer this question - No our case with the fit that it has should not casue any rubbing which comes with other cases not fitting exactly to spec.

To be on the safer side if you are a heavy user of your phone and are in less then desirable situations like a construction site...lol you may want to take your revo2 off every once in a while to give it a good cleaning. Warm water and soap is all you need.

Kristianatiskin

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Mississauga On Canada
Hi,

Joel

Let me clarify this - there was a mis understanding between a customer and myself where they had purchased the 3g dock from the apple store - i had thought he was referring to a speaker dock so no the revo2 will not fit with the 3g dock from apple.com.

The SendStation dock extender WILL work with most speaker systems with a dock while keeping your revo2 on your phone. I use this myself with my Apple HIFI.

lilvenom

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I am enjoying the case (got it this morning) but my only complaint at the moment is that the sleep button is very hard to press. I have to make an effort to reach it and get it to work. (also, switching back from silent to ringer is a bit problematic). The home button is also a bit stiffer than the previous iskin revo for the original iphones. But otherwise, it's the best case on the market, in my opinion.

As for the hard plastic screen cover, i understand why it doesn't fit so well on the back of the case- the iphone 3G is curved on the back. it fits well on the front of the screen, but I don't really plan on using it or carrying it around much unless i'm taking a long trip or something.

I also have the crystal clear film thing over it and it seems to work fine with the sensors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.