Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max7

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
i dont remember saving any files, but when i tried to restore, it first gave me error 1015, and then i followed the steps in that video thats it, and dont panic u can update it back to 3.1.3 as it is now, if it gets screwed also.......

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
i dont remember saving any files, but when i tried to restore, it first gave me error 1015, and then i followed the steps in that video thats it, and dont panic u can update it back to 3.1.3 as it is now, if it gets screwed also.......

ok but i have an MB model u have written in ur video that it should be an MC model.i'll try it but will it work for MB models?

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010

by the way thnx for help

max7

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
hmm lol, i dont knw about the previous models, but i used a software called "forecast", thru which i found out that i had latest model and all i just restored and jailbroke as shown in video using red snow and then blackrain.

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
hmm lol, i dont knw about the previous models, but i used a software called "forecast", thru which i found out that i had latest model and all i just restored and jailbroke as shown in video using red snow and then blackrain.

hei would my iphone be bricked if it fails to restore??

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Press and hold the home and sleep/power buttons until the phone turns off (about 10 seconds -- ignore the 'slide to power off' screen). Wait 10 seconds and power your phone back on.

And, in the future, please start a new thread if you have a new topic.

plzz plzz help me

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Guys, everyone, i dnt knw when they gonna actually publish a jailbreak for the iphone 3gs with new bootrom,.
but i have some great news, i just downgraded my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom to 3.1.2, i dnt knw if u gonna believe me or not, i will post the videos i followed, just follow them, i cant guarantee that its gonna work for everyone, but it definitely works.

here are the links,

part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t9kLJhbpWU
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ8w6qR8d2M&feature=channel

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This method is well known and has been published.
http://www.saurik.com/id/12

It works because you did save your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, and redirecting your hosts file gets around the iTunes security checks.

And because youi did not correctly explain the requirements for this to be successful (3.1.2 SHSH blobs saved), you already have people asking if this will work for them ??

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9410682&posted=1#post9410682

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I have only been attempting a jailbreak for a couple of weeks now and am still very much a noob..(but have dreamed about it for years)
sorry >.<

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010

It works because you did save your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, and redirecting your hosts file gets around the iTunes security checks.

And because youi did not correctly explain the requirements for this to be successful (3.1.2 SHSH blobs saved), you already have people asking if this will work for them ??

hei he doesnot told about shsh file in his guide and i asked him also he said he didn't do any such backups you can read my posts

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010

he says he dont remember saving any shsh backups if he would have saved he would have surely told. bec there is no point in making people fool by not telling them about it.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
hei he doesnot told about shsh file in his guide and i asked him also he said he didn't do any such backups you can read my posts
i dont remember saving any files,

nope, he says he doesn't remember saving his SHSH. You must have seen how people on here didn't think their's was saved but just couldn't remember, or didn't understand what they were doing at the time.

EDIT: you corrected yourself, but doesn't change the fact your need your SHSH ON FILE to downgrade. I am still in awe of how clueless you remain after 8 pages of help

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
sorry to impose, but would a normal person have SHSH blobs without ever installing cydia?(im pretty sure they wont but just checking)
Are they just in your computer from updating your phone?
edit: i think i understand now, when u use the method talked about here with the gs.apple.com or whatever it may or may not save you 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, then if it fails u can somehow get them from saurick(sorry for butchering the name) or whatever?

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut

he says he dont remember saving any shsh backups if he would have saved he would have surely told. bec there is no point in making people fool by not telling them about it.

Either he's lying or he's just an idiot. Either way, he's wrong. This method has been known for a while now. Nothing new.

This method cannot work without having your SHSH saved to Saurik's server. That is the whole point of editing the hosts file. It's not magic; it's just redirecting requests from Apple.com to Saurik's server for the authenticity check. That's it. So even if he just doesn't remember doing it, he must have. It's the only way it works.

I don't understand how hard this is for people. I started jailbreaking like two weeks ago and I knew absolutely nothing. You sit down and read about it for an hour and that's it. There's nothing complex or incomprehensible about it (from the end user's perspective; I don't know how the dev team actually makes it so easy for us, and I don't really have the time to look into that part of it.)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Either he's lying or he's just an idiot. Either way, he's wrong. This method has been known for a while now. Nothing new.

This method cannot work without having your SHSH saved to Saurik's server. That is the whole point of editing the hosts file. It's not magic; it's just redirecting requests from Apple.com to Saurik's server for the authenticity check. That's it. So even if he just doesn't remember doing it, he must have. It's the only way it works.

I don't understand how hard this is for people. I started jailbreaking like two weeks ago and I knew absolutely nothing. You sit down and read about it for an hour and that's it. There's nothing complex or incomprehensible about it (from the end user's perspective; I don't know how the dev team actually makes it so easy for us, and I don't really have the time to look into that part of it.)

Thanks for jumping in. It amazes me someone (@max7) would edit their hosts file but not understand why they are doing so or what it does and why it makes restoring older firmware possible. As you said, it's only been explained a thousand times.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
sorry to impose, but would a normal person have SHSH blobs without ever installing cydia?(im pretty sure they wont but just checking)
Are they just in your computer from updating your phone?
edit: i think i understand now, when u use the method talked about here with the gs.apple.com or whatever it may or may not save you 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, then if it fails u can somehow get them from saurick(sorry for butchering the name) or whatever?

I still don't think you understand. Layman's explanation.
Using SHSH blobs to circumvent Apples signing or firmware verification process is a two part operation. First, one must allow Cydia to trap or store your SHSH files from the Apple server on Saurik's server (the SHSH blobs can also be saved on your own computer for a double backup but that is another process). Part 2, if a restore is needed, you edit your hosts file tricking iTunes into going to Saurik's server instead of Apple's servers for the firmware verification. Since the older firmware is verified, the install can proceed whereas if the hosts file really went to Apple's servers the install would stall.

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
Wow. Just...wow. I think it's time to close this thread.

But then where will everyone post to complain that they tried pwnagetool because they don't like that blackra1n "gave [them] a tethered jailbreak"* but can't figure out why it won't work?

Oh, they'll probably just start three new threads each, the way they've been doing anyway ;)

* Seriously, this is a misconception that I've seen popping up a LOT on this board lately. Where do people keep getting the idea that a tethered/untethered jailbreak is a matter of what software they used to jailbreak??

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
my iphone model no is 3gs mb715ll. can i use this method for a custom restore

in the guide it is written non mc models mine is mb can i do it?

You are asking if you fall under the umbrella of non-MC as you have a MB.
seriously!?!?

If you read more carefully, THE SECOND SENTENCE tells you this method cannot help you if you have already upgraded to 3.1.3! :
iPhone 3GS users who have upgraded to the stock 3.1.3 are still out of luck.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
my iphone model no is 3gs mb715ll. can i use this method for a custom restore

http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.3/

in the guide it is written non mc models mine is mb can i do it?

Have you read about a new jailbreak for 3GS phones on 3.1.3 on the Dev-Team Blog? On Geohot's Twitter? I'm sorry, but your irrationality in this matter is ridiculous.

Let me repeat again: there is no way to jailbreak your phone, nor will there be until George Hotz or the Dev-Team invent one.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Have you read about a new jailbreak for 3GS phones on 3.1.3 on the Dev-Team Blog? On Geohot's Twitter? I'm sorry, but your irrationality in this matter is ridiculous.

Let me repeat again: there is no way to jailbreak your phone, nor will there be until George Hotz or the Dev-Team invent one.

Look out. He's gonna add your name (along with mine) to people who are mistreating him (actually it's those of us telling him the truth) but he is so desperate, he just can't see it rationally.

MHMcmorris

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2010
I did it!!!

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS with a 3.1.3 firmware and 5.12.01 bootrom. The only downside is that you have to have jailbroken your iPhone previously for it to work. Also I did not save my shh file before I upgraded so that isn't a factor for this jailbreak for the method that I used. If you want to know how to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom then you have to search kaubut0145 on youtube. He has the videos that walk you through the jailbreaking process. [Also my model is MB and if you are running on MB then treat it as if it is a MC model.<-Only the people that watch the video know what I mean when I say this]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.