Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
this post was not for you "the latinist" actually it was dhlizard n i am not attacking you guys. i was just asking to think before any one gives any advise.and i can wait for 3.2 or 4.0 there would surely be a jailbreak for those firmwares instead of selling it at a cheaper rate.

bigdaddy2

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2010
Hi all,I have a 3gs 3.1.2 bought from us(at&t),was jailbroken and unlocked with blackrain,but when i tried to install winterboard,it asked for reboot.So clicked reboot in cydia,and as expected,it showed the usb cable and itunes screen.I downloaded and clicked blackrain,but geohot appeared,then disappeared,again and again.So i knew i was stuck.Tried everything including redsnow,snowbreeze,but in vain.I gave it to an "expert",he gave it back saying "the phone asks for official sim" and shows the emergency call screen ;but now it seems to have 3.1.3 as shown in iphone pcsuite(unnamed 3.1.3 pops up when i connect).I think it has the latest bootrom since its serial number is 88946.... So what i learned from this is 1. my iphone 3gs is "ibrick' now. 2.Dont be mad to buy 3gs atleast until now,because apple screws you up.(A crash one day is inevitable) 3.with new bootrom 3gs nothing works now either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 which crashed. 4.but I need patience atleast till april when ipad 3G will be available. 5.i know i am not alone.6.A jailbreak and unlock for 3.1.3 is possible as of now,only thing they(dev team and geohot) dont release it as its not worth.SO Be patient and dont worry(those who are stuck)!!!:)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi all,I have a 3gs 3.1.2 bought from us(at&t),was jailbroken and unlocked with blackrain,but when i tried to install winterboard,it asked for reboot.So clicked reboot in cydia,and as expected,it showed the usb cable and itunes screen.I downloaded and clicked blackrain,but geohot appeared,then disappeared,again and again.So i knew i was stuck.Tried everything including redsnow,snowbreeze,but in vain.I gave it to an "expert",he gave it back saying "the phone asks for official sim" and shows the emergency call screen ;but now it seems to have 3.1.3 as shown in iphone pcsuite(unnamed 3.1.3 pops up when i connect).I think it has the latest bootrom since its serial number is 88946.... So what i learned from this is 1. my iphone 3gs is "ibrick' now. 2.Dont be mad to buy 3gs atleast until now,because apple screws you up.(A crash one day is inevitable) 3.with new bootrom 3gs nothing works now either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 which crashed. 4.but I need patience atleast till april when ipad 3G will be available. 5.i know i am not alone.6.A jailbreak and unlock for 3.1.3 is possible as of now,only thing they(dev team and geohot) dont release it as its not worth.SO Be patient and dont worry(those who are stuck)!!!:)

Did you save your SHSH blobs in Cydia ?

What you should have learned is don't give your phone to a so-called expert, it may come back in worse shape then when you had it.

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010

I guess me and you r in the same boat.my phone was also upgraded in a similar fashion now just wailting that some day there will be a jailbreak and unlock for my 3gs.

fahdsaeed87

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
I guess me and you r in the same boat.my phone was also upgraded in a similar fashion now just wailting that some day there will be a jailbreak and unlock for my 3gs.

hei u said that os updae for ipad 3g is coming in april is that true??if that is the case then there would be a jailbreak in april if not now

Junkie2

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
You probably had a tethered JB 3GS with the newer bootrom.
All you had to do is run blackrain again and it would have turned on.

^^ this guy right here.. i owe him a pat on the back for this post.

i thought black rain messed up my new 3gs so i was ready to install 3.1.3 and say screw it its my only open. i read this post after doing some googling and damn.. i ran blackrain again and the damn thing worked. amen bro thanks a lot.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
but the guy did'nt mention about SHSH file backup in his guide

That tutorial is ridiculous. 1) It will only work if you have your SHSH on file, 2) there is no reason to downgrade iTunes, 3) it says you will be able to unlock using blacksn0w but admits that you will still be at 5.12.01 -- meaning that you won't be able to unlock anyway.

I know you're really disappointed at your inability to use your phone, but looking all over the net at tutorials by people who have no idea what they're talking about will not fix your phone. As I've told you before, if the ability to jailbreak or unlock your phone is ever created, you will read about it on http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

I don't know when this line was added, but this is now the first line in the web article

"Note: This method doesn’t work anymore"

So, I guess your question is answered.

I know you're really disappointed at your inability to use your phone, but looking all over the net at tutorials by people who have no idea what they're talking about will not fix your phone. As I've told you before, if the ability to jailbreak or unlock your phone is ever created, you will read about it on http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.

How true, hopefully he will eventually accept this and quit torturing himself with all this misinformation.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010

i think you did it wrong buddy, get snowbreeze 3.1.3 ipw and jailbreak it, set it in DFU mode and jailbreak, if you get an error use ireb, google that, after that GET AN ATT SIM AND ACTIVATE THE PHONE THROUGH ITUNES! then your good. right now only a jailbreak is available, im sure unlock will be in a few weeks

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
i think you did it wrong buddy, get snowbreeze 3.1.3 ipw and jailbreak it, set it in DFU mode and jailbreak, if you get an error use ireb, google that, after that GET AN ATT SIM AND ACTIVATE THE PHONE THROUGH ITUNES! then your good. right now only a jailbreak is available, im sure unlock will be in a few weeks

Bad advice. Not everyone is in your situation. Please read and learn a little more before giving advice like this. And stop shouting.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
i had the exact same problem and im not a puppet account, do not try to activate without an ATT sim thats all im saying, its like so easy to mess that part up, i read that hes got the connect to itunes part and SOS access, its exactly like that before activation through an ATT sim thats all im trying to help =/

and im not a puppet account geez you can tell via IP address

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
i had the exact same problem and im not a puppet account, do not try to activate without an ATT sim thats all im saying, its like so easy to mess that part up, i read that hes got the connect to itunes part and SOS access, its exactly like that before activation through an ATT sim thats all im trying to help =/

and im not a puppet account geez you can tell via IP address

But your advice is bad. The poster's problem is not activation, but jailbreaking, and you lead him to believe he can jailbreak his 3GS when it is simply not possible for him.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
oops i thought he had a 3G -.- so so my bad, sorry, i know that the 3gs is jailbreakable if it was jailbroken before or something =/ sorry

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
oops i thought he had a 3G -.- so so my bad, sorry, i know that the 3gs is jailbreakable if it was jailbroken before or something =/ sorry

Is everyone sure? this guy gave advice when the extent of his knowledge was 'or something'. Very Pcs are junk-esque

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Is everyone sure? this guy gave advice when the extent of his knowledge was 'or something'. Very Pcs are junk-esque

His account was started Feb. 4, whereas pcs other puppet was created yesterday. I'm going to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. I just hope he stops posting bad info.

bigdaddy2

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2010
wrong advice

No man,its neither jailbreakable nor unlockable atm. no ireb or snowbreeze for latest bootrom 3gs...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.