JB not coming by end of this month

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eXoBrute, Jul 26, 2010.

1. eXoBrute macrumors regular

iH8sn0w just said on his twitter

@iPadAllTheWay no. Spoke to comex, it won't be this month. =/

Just to let you all know

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Well there's only a week left in the month so.........let's just wait a little longer because there's nothing anyone can do about it except comex.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Who wants to take up on a bet that we get a post later asking if we’ll get the JB tomorrow? :)

4. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Theres already been multiple people in the twitter being slow thread who are saying "i bet it comes monday".

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

I just going to predict jailbreak will be out when it's done. All this stuff is getting old and annoying.

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Meh, I'll wait to hear from Comex. People have been wrong about info from him before.

7. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine what it must feel like to be comex, musclenerd, or any of those folks with the incessant requests and questions about when it will be ready. If it was me, I be just about ready to tell everyone to f-off.

Also: Labman - It looks like there's a syntax problem with your signature. The link to the dev-team blog doesn't work.

8. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Is there a way to block tweets from people you haven't approved? If so, that's what I would do if I were these guys. People need to let them work in peace and learn some damn patience. Your worlds will continue on as normal with or without a jailbreak.

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

It's because he's still on vacation.

you missed the joke dude.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I'd be happy if people on MR would stop starting threads every time someone supposedly 'in the know' posts on Twitter.

People who are interested, including the MR mods and admins, are already following the dev-team on Twitter. there's absolutely no need to start threads on MR about it.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, he's not. Where did you get that idea?

12. KingOfPwnage macrumors member

13. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

The thing is they are fixing problems. It's no longer just wrapping it up in a nice little package as everyone was thinking before. There is no way they can come up with any type of ETA when they have to find the root cause of the problems and a solution for them as well.

14. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

The same thing has been repeated everyday but I guess nobody is listening/ or they don't care if their iPhone works half ass.

15. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

My sympathy for the devs is dwindling a little. They don't *have* to make appearances on twitter, and at this point acting surprised or aggrieved that it opens them up to a lot of whiny morons is a bit disingenuous.

By which I mean to say: all our tsk-tsking isn't going to make any of the whiners stop. The only fix is for the devs to withdraw from the twitter scene, since there is no fix for human stupidity.

I get that they are likely collaborating from different locations, but twitter can hardly be the best or most private way to do that. Twitter is mostly for ego-stroking.

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

My prediction was August 15th. That's three more weeks to work out all the kinks.

And I agree with a few of y'all. The Dev Team is "leading people on" by saying this and that on Twitter. Perhaps if they stop saying, "Oh, we have this done, but the jailbreak isn't finished" then people wouldn't bitch every two seconds. No one is telling them to update their progress on Twitter every time something is completed. And its not like they HAVE to check their @mentions & DM's.

17. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I agree, kinda. Everyone hates on Geohot for having a come-apart and your starting to see some of the others following the same road of frustration. I'm not saying they will not handle it with more more grace then George did but he was in a lot bigger spotlight then most of the others.

18. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

You know the best solution to this especially for people who couldn't wait any longer is to put a hold on your twitter account and stop following the Dev people. This way it wont drive you insane. Enjoy your life. There's a lot of things we can do to keep us occupied. Get a hobby. A real hobby! Next thing u know the. JB an d unlock is plastered all over the internet.

19. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Whatever happened to the 'rebels' in the world?

You know, those folks that actually work at Apple & believe that Steve "ding daing" Jobs had enough money (or enter obscure reason here) & this lowly research rebel type would sneak out the vitals plans for perpetual jailbreaking in his shorts.
    Kinda like Sandy Berger sneaking out documents from the National Archives.

Ah, the good ol' days... :rolleyes:

20. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Last year geohot released purplera1n 2 weeks after the 3GS was released.

21. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

LOL...my sympathy for this crap disappeared two years ago. At this point, considering all the alternatives available at the click of a mouse, they deserve what they get, as does everyone else.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

he has been back at least a week. he was tweeting yesterday.

odd thanks I'll see about fixing that.

23. hunter x az macrumors member

Not sure why it's so taboo to ask the developers when it's going to be done. I haven't asked, but it'd be nice if they gave people updates as to what they've done and what they had left. No time frames or anything. Shrug. As long as they're in the scene people will always ask. Just how it is.

24. luiss11 macrumors newbie

i actually think they wont release anything any time soon i don't know why they even bother putting crap on twitter... i say that when and if they finish jailbreak they should post because this gets people more desperate... i really don't wanna know what they have accomplished till now if at the end of their post it says " NO JAILBREAK YET , NO JAILBREAK TODAY " ... i can wait forever but this kind of thing really pisses me off... Just don't say anything about the progress and if your gonna release it do it if your not planning on doing it don't be an ass like GEOHOT , who in my honest opinion was just looking to capture people's attention... ass

25. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

It's because he's still on vacation.

//don't let the sarcasm hit you on the way out