Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
It is also worth mentioning that, we have been seeing iPhone leaks but no iPod touch or the rumored new nano part leaks.

Usually iPod touch and iPhone leaks used come hand in hand.

Very true. Apple might have been planning it for that date but pushed it back with the iPad mini.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the iPad mini is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
I've also said when it doesn't come out, I'll call all the reporters who so vigorously believed in it and touted it as fact idiots.
If it does come out, there will be no apology from me...rather...I'll just call the folks at Apple who let this come to pass idiots.

And when it is released will you cancel your account forever so we don't have to read anymore of your nonsense?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Wasn't the iPhone 4S an iPhone-only event? I think every iPhone has been announced at its own event.

They'll have more than enough to talk about: iOS 6, new iPhone with one or two exclusive features, and maybe a new app or two.

Last edited:

Rico-Suave

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Douchetooth

Protip: Take out your stupid Bluetooth earpiece when out in public, especially when you take a picture with Slash.

And no, it doesn't make you look like you belong on Star Trek.

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the iPad mini is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
I've also said when it doesn't come out, I'll call all the reporters who so vigorously believed in it and touted it as fact idiots.
If it does come out, there will be no apology from me...rather...I'll just call the folks at Apple who let this come to pass idiots.

So if you're right, you'll gain some bragging rights. If you're totally wrong, youll lose nothing. What is your point? Do or say something that'll cost you. Otherwise it's just empty words.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004

It really depends on what you do with it. While I love the large screen, attempting to use 10-inch iPad with one hand over extended period (or even short period of time) isn't easy.

8-inch is probably the largest form factor for allowing one hand operation. If rumors are true, my only complaint would be non-retina screen.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Wasn't the iPhone 4S an iPhone-only event? I think every iPhone has been announced at its own event.

It was an iPhone/media event (they didn't launch new iPod touches like previous years, though).

That's why I brought the point up. Are they not going to talk about other iOS devices? If they do, what are they going to have to talk about except new product introductions at the other event?

Wurm5150

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2010
I didn't see how Apple could introduce a new iPhone, new iPods, a new iPad Mini in one 2 hrs event..

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London

You might not want one or see the need for one, but that doesn't mean others can't benefit from one. I think it's a great idea and I'll be buying one as a gift for someone - or, if it doesn't come out, I'll be buying the Nexus 7 instead. Sometimes the iPad is a little too big.

2bikes

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012

Why is it the dumbest idea?

And sounds like you might end up calling Eddie Cue.

AppleInMyBlood

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
It was an iPhone/media event (they didn't launch new iPod touches like previous years, though).

That's why I brought the point up. Are they not going to talk about other iOS devices? If they do, what are they going to have to talk about except new product introductions at the other event?

Not sure what you mean by an "iPhone/media event" as opposed to a plain old iPhone event. How was the 4S launch different from previous iPhone launches?

With regard to the iPod touch, I don't recall them ever being launched at iPhone events.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Not sure what you mean by an "iPhone/media event" as opposed to a plain old iPhone event. How was the 4S launch different from previous iPhone launches?

With regard to the iPod touch, I don't recall them ever being launched at iPhone events.

The 4S wasn't. The CDMA iPhone 4 media event was the one that was different.

They've never been launched at iphone events because the 4S was the first fall iphone launch and there was no iPod touch update. So, there was no separate media event for that. Now they're saying both events are going to happen within a month of each other. So, they couldn't have many new stats to rattle off about iOS devices at the second event if the first had them, so my question is which event will they choose for that. Basically, is there enough new about the new iPhone that will get pushed to later, or is a combined iPod/iPad mini event so jam packed they don't want to talk about stats?

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
Why is that photo reversed? Does the old bloke have a wonky nose or something? Or a weird hat... Oh hang on...

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I just think it is funny and distinctly American that the most reliable source of rumor confirmations is a guy named Jim Dalrymple who looks like that and hangs out with, let's just say, artists with a bit of an out of the box style.

Rocketman

But he's Canadian. :)

Because they cram in 5 app demos by developers which is beyond boring.

They just did one last year, to demo the 4S' graphics. Though they also released new iPods, so they didn't really have time for any more.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011

The hate is strong with this one...

I am sure Apple will consider your intellectual and constructive opinion... and still do whatever they want. Making you mad about it (who knows why, but here we are), is just the icing on the cake :)

I absolutely can not wait for a mini! I must be an idiot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.