Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeguy

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Slash is the man.

Anyways... Didn't Apple used to have a September event for iPods and an October one for MacBooks. It would make more sense for 2 full announcements for 2 major releases.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
Where would we be without Jim Darlymple to confirm speculation and rumors? That guys is great.

Tigger11

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
Rocket City, USA
So what's the extra space created for then?!
Apple asking sellers to make?

Awhile ago Apple started having the bigger Apple stores make more room for Ipads because they make up a large percentage of the sales and units moved at the Apple stores but only had about 15% of the space. This plan to more prominently feature the product that is selling best at the stores has just been moved to the smaller stores now. (They actually explained this on the update to the store).

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the iPad mini is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
I've also said when it doesn't come out, I'll call all the reporters who so vigorously believed in it and touted it as fact idiots.
If it does come out, there will be no apology from me...rather...I'll just call the folks at Apple who let this come to pass idiots.

Which is, of course, why the 7" kindle is the best selling android tablet.

AppleInMyBlood

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
The 4S wasn't. The CDMA iPhone 4 media event was the one that was different.

They've never been launched at iphone events because the 4S was the first fall iphone launch and there was no iPod touch update. So, there was no separate media event for that. Now they're saying both events are going to happen within a month of each other. So, they couldn't have many new stats to rattle off about iOS devices at the second event if the first had them, so my question is which event will they choose for that. Basically, is there enough new about the new iPhone that will get pushed to later, or is a combined iPod/iPad mini event so jam packed they don't want to talk about stats?

OK, now I understand what you mean, thanks.

ccsicecoke

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the iPad mini is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
I've also said when it doesn't come out, I'll call all the reporters who so vigorously believed in it and touted it as fact idiots.
If it does come out, there will be no apology from me...rather...I'll just call the folks at Apple who let this come to pass idiots.

Allow me to call you ...

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
OK, now I understand what you mean, thanks.

It was a bit complicated to explain. Basically I'm curious how much actual substance the iphone debut will have. Are they going to have demos we don't care about, or are they going to extol the greatness of LTE and other iPhone wizbang features, and also announce T-mobile as a new carrier?

T-mobile has been quietly added iPhone compatible 3G bands and just reinstated their true unlimited plans. Maybe it's in reaction to a new iPhone launch, but maybe it's because they're anticipating their own. I don't doubt T-mobile could sell a million on their own before the end of the year.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Now IF and I mean IF Apple launch an iPad mini then this is surely common sense because one way or another they are going to have to restructure the iPod line up and pricing to accommodate an iPad mini so it makes sense to launch it at the ipod event no?

But as I fully believe it won't be $200 I don't care, I have my eye on the iPhone 5, come to papa baby.... :D

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I want a new iPhone as much as most here but what about the iMac and Mini? I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak them in under the radar at some point with no event to announce them.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
somebody ask this dood about the imacs.....
I asked him not too long ago he reply that apple cares a lot about the iMacs. And also said "lots going on" so whatever that means I'm so frustrated with this sh!+
I want a new iPhone as much as most here but what about the iMac and Mini? I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak them in under the radar at some point with no event to announce them.

Same here. Two idvices events zero about the long overdue iMacs. Doesn't make any sense to me. Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuu

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
Denver, Co

It is happening. But it will be the iBook, not iPad mini. And it's a good idea, especially if you consider the education sector. Schools don't all have money for iPads, but an iBook is more within reach if priced $249-299.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
It is happening. But it will be the iBook, not iPad mini. And it's a good idea, especially if you consider the education sector. Schools don't all have money for iPads, but an iBook is more within reach if priced $249-299.

That sounds plausible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.