Just don't buy it. Send a Message.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mechinyun, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

That is the only thing that will matter.

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

3. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

This is the MBP sub-forum?

4. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Yep but many different MBP models, and accessories, etc.

5. yukari macrumors regular

Lets not nitpick.
    It is obvious what the OP is implying given today's news.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Send what message? I love the new MBP.

7. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

100% agree. Apple's recent design decisions have all slanted towards them attempting to pull more money out of each customer. The best response is to simply not let them.

8. Savor Suspended

Savor

It isn't like people buy MacBooks anyway when Apple can only sell 4.8M v 45M with iPhones in the last quarter. MR hardly represents the rest of the Apple world and most complaints about the new MacBooks are even smaller. That's nearly 10:1 or 9:1 on how much iPhone owners outnumber Mac owners as a whole.

By April, this forum which is filled with Apple fanboyism and haters will focus on iPhone 8 design leaks again with the usual adoration or complaints. Then Apple will largely ignore the MacBooks again for the next four years since less than 10% marketshare is hardly something they care about. Mobile devices is where the real money is at for Apple.

9. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I agree. A huge disappointment that Apple would release macs with little to no innovation at such a premium.

10. SVTM macrumors member

SVTM

I already bought one. My message to Apple is to update Macbook Pros more frequently.

11. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

This update isn't for me but I have faith that a future update will be something this sub will (mostly) love. Let them get in the groove again.

12. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

You would think they'd update the Mac lineup more often if more people actually bought them.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have 3 4+ year old MacBook Airs in my household. All were planning on upgrading until the price announcement. Won't do it. Not a big enough update to justify the price 40%+ price increase. And that without the Touch Bar.

14. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Actually, it could be that by buying in spite of the wait and sub-par improvements and high pricing, you're telling them that if they wait long enough people will throw money at them no matter what they put out.

Just my perspective.

15. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Also remember that the people here at MacRumors make up ~4% of the Apple Consumers. You guys are in the minority and many people are enjoying their long awaited refresh and new customizable Touch Bar commands. Shipping dates have already changed. This thread failed.

Wasteland, please.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I'm was but not now.
    I grew accustomed to my laptops being a self contained unit where I didn't have to plug in anything external for me to do my work.
    The 2015 MBP will not be upgraded. The new MBP isn't worth the upgrade.
    Instead I will upgrade to a MS Studio.

If Apple wants to be a gadget company ok. Why they don't want to offer a touch screen laptop is baffling.
    A faster processor won't increase my productivity half as much as touching and swiping would.

17. SVTM macrumors member

SVTM

"Sub-par improvements" = opinion. "High pricing" is relative. Bottom line is Apple didn't get any money from me while I waited for a refresh, now that they have refreshed rMBPs to a level I find acceptable I believe in supporting their efforts so they don't completely abandon the Macbook Pro line.

18. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Way less than 4% based on sales numbers...were a super super small majority. But there are plenty of people in the general population that are not happy. I honestly like the new MBP - maybe just lower expectations that others. Not sure.

19. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

NOT happy with new MBP's at all. I need to buy all new power adapters AGAIN?

NOOOOOOO!

20. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Finally, someone who understands the basics of capitalism.
    (I should have inserted and 'almost' because Apple have always been intent on making more money.)

21. zemaker macrumors regular

I have to agree, best thing to do is speak with our wallets. I can't believe I have to wait for another MacBook Pro revision in hopes that the specs get a more significant bump.

22. powertoold macrumors 6502

Yes! Send the message to not make the best product possible!

23. laser71 macrumors regular

Agreed. Everyone please cancel your orders, especially everyone who placed one before me. A 4 week wait is going to be excruciating. But yes, everyone else please send a message!

24. Mechinyun thread starter macrumors 6502

25. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

If no one buys it they just get cancelled. The big reason I buy them because I need a stable version of *nix device to do real work with.