Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M115CLE

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2016
Is anyone else having issues?

I've got the latest PB and when printing I'm getting this error:

Stopped - Unable to startup session, error = -10, 1 page

Using MacBook Pro with HP Envy 5532

Any help would be greatly appreciated

rob.shaw

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2018
Johannesburg, South Africa

Sorry to tell you but it seems that many are having this problem - seems a bug in this beta release -will hav eto wait for Apple to fix it

Intenost

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Boston, MA

Same here

M115CLE

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2016
Sorry to tell you but it seems that many are having this problem - seems a bug in this beta release -will hav eto wait for Apple to fix it

Rob, I'd much rather you tell me that than send me out to buy a new printer! LoL. I'll just have to print from iPad Pro in the meantime.

Thanks mate

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Yep effects me as well on both a HP Laserjet and a Canon Inkjet, Have used Feedback Assistant to let Apple know as this is the reason for the Beta program. Also deleted and re-installed the printer, does not fix the problem.
Screenshot 2018-08-08 at 20.10.38.png

DMes10

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Yes. MacBook Pro and Epson ET-7750 - Started as of last night when I updated to Beta 5...
:-(

PatiPhillips

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Yes. MacBook Pro and Epson ET-7750 - Started as of last night when I updated to Beta 5...
:-(
Me Too using Cannon MX922.

I was wanting a new printer anyway so does anyone have a printer that works with Mohave right now? What brand and model?

Reactions: pczeladn

RednBlue

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
Reading UK
Me Too using Cannon MX922.

I was wanting a new printer anyway so does anyone have a printer that works with Mohave right now? What brand and model?
Don't try that route - I tried several different printers with same result..seems to affect all my printers (2x Epson; 1 x Canon). It's a pretty important issue so they should fix it quickly (hopefully!!) - just unbreak something that got broken seems to me.

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
It is more than just some/all printer drivers misbehaving. Printing (from Safari) to PDF is buggy too: Sometimes get blank pages. So we just have to wait for the next beta.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Me too. Tried three different printers, HP 8100 Office Jet Pro, Epson 3880 Stylus Pro and Dymo Label printer 450 - same error on all. Luckily I have a Mac Mini still on High Sierra so I can print from that but as that is my media store, it is not very convenient. I have reported the bug to Apple on Feedback Assistant.

You would have hoped that Apple might have tested this pre-release. Printing is a rather important function on a Mac

alfsawful

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018
Me too. Tried three different printers, HP 8100 Office Jet Pro, Epson 3880 Stylus Pro and Dymo Label printer 450 - same error on all. Luckily I have a Mac Mini still on High Sierra so I can print from that but as that is my media store, it is not very convenient. I have reported the bug to Apple on Feedback Assistant.

You would have hoped that Apple might have tested this pre-release. Printing is a rather important function on a Mac

You would also hope that people would heed the warning the Apple give with every pre release 'ONLY USE ON A DEVICE INTENDED FOR BETA TESTING' If printing isn't working, then the only people to blame are end users stick a beta release on their working machine!

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
You would also hope that people would heed the warning the Apple give with every pre release 'ONLY USE ON A DEVICE INTENDED FOR BETA TESTING' If printing isn't working, then the only people to blame are end users stick a beta release on their working machine!

I agree, however in the public beta if Apple knew that printing was borked you would think that they would fix that before releasing the update, unless… they are testing our reaction to not be able to print because in 10 Months time, Tim will be standing up and announcing 10.15 ‘High Mojave’

“Here in Cupertino we love our trees, and we think you should too. Today we are announcing a new feature, ‘Document Teams’, at a flick on your trackpad, wireless transfer a file to all members of your team in an instant so that can be viewed on any Apple device. Following removal of floppy disks, optical disks and more recently headphone ports, today we are showing courage to remove printing to paper, to save our trees”

:)

alfsawful

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018
Yeah I get where you're coming from, but its likely they ran out of time, pretty sure it will be addressed in the next release!

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Yeah I get where you're coming from, but its likely they ran out of time, pretty sure it will be addressed in the next release!

I am sure it will get fixed next week. Anyway I have another Mac that is still on High Sierra in case this kind of issue occurs, it is a Beta after all.

Grizabella

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018

Same issue on an Epson WP-4530. Makes no difference how I connect- IP or Airplay. Oddly, test pages print, but no apps will print.

I also note the many warnings I get about 32bit apps being phased out- all of the Epson drivers and apps are 32 bit.

Issue submitted to both Epson and Apple just to be thorough.

Last edited:

GGERARD

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2015
France
Hi!
Same problem for me with my old HP Deskjet 3520.
I've sent a evaluation message to Apple this morning.
The scanner runs very well but the printing gives me the same error message " -10 ... and so on "
GGERARD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.