Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Leather Cases for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro Coming on November 6

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple yesterday introduced several new accessories for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro models, including MagSafe cases in both Silicone and Leather along with other MagSafe-based accessories. Apple added several of the new cases to its online store, but leather cases are missing at the current time.

A leather iPhone 12 case shown off during the event​

Several MacRumors readers have asked whether Apple is discontinuing leather cases, but those concerned need not worry.

The new Leather Sleeve coming for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro​

Apple showed off leather cases during the keynote, including a new Leather Sleeve, and in the fine print on the iPhone 12 announcement page, it says that leather cases for the new iPhone models will be available starting on November 6.
MagSafe Charger, Leather Wallet with MagSafe, and iPhone 12 Silicone Case and Clear Case will be available beginning Friday, October 16. iPhone 12 Leather Case will be available beginning Friday, November 6. MagSafe Duo Charger and Leather Sleeve will be available at a later date.
Apple's iPhone 12 Pro announcement article says the same thing, confirming Leather Cases for the new Pro models do indeed exist.
MagSafe Charger, Leather Wallet with MagSafe, and iPhone 12 Pro Silicone Case and Clear Case will be available beginning Friday, October 16. iPhone 12 Pro Leather Case will be available beginning Friday, November 6. MagSafe Duo Charger and Leather Sleeve will be available at a later date.
With the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro launching on Friday, October 23 (with pre-orders to take place this Friday), customers who buy one of those devices but want a leather case will need to wait a few weeks for them to become available.

Apple's Silicone and Clear cases will presumably be available for order this Friday when the first iPhone models go on sale, and all of Apple's cases created for the new iPhones support the MagSafe charging accessory that's able to charge iPhone 12 models at 15W.

Article Link: Leather Cases for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro Coming on November 6

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Leather sleeve has me a bit confused - why I'd ever use something like this?

Agreed, can I use leather sleeve in conjunction with a MagSafe case or is the phone naked in the sleeve. Are there going too be wallet cases this year?

I need a case on day one. I usually go leather wallet case, but this year I will probably go silicon and get a leather wallet. Now to decide on the color combination!

Reactions: MrFootery

Tarantularock

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
Women will. And sort of is convenient if you have Apple Card and not inteding to carry wallet.

Yes the wallet addition I get 100% - but I'd think they'd rather just slip it into their clutch (my wife is over the moon the new smaller mini was released for this reason).

Reactions: G5isAlive

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Personally I have never been a fan of the color of the iPhone lense not matching the color of the case. sticks out too much

Pulls out iPhone from leather sleeve - drops iPhone.

Funny or not, that happened to my cousin. She had one of those sleeves for her old iPhone and I remember it flying down the stairs in slow motion the day after she bought it. Thankfully nothing happened

4jasontv

macrumors 68040
Jul 31, 2011
Personally I have never been a fan of the color of the iPhone lense not matching the color of the case. sticks out too much

Funny cause we were just talking about that here and it was one of the things she really liked. Apparently it accents the case.

Kyle4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Canada
I’m curious if this would fit a XR and how off it’d look. Still kind of salty it never got any other official cases besides the clear and battery ones.

LeadingHeat

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2015
Leather sleeve has me a bit confused - why I'd ever use something like this?

Here is what I do want - a magsafe single-din car stereo where the phone becomes the interface for the stereo and CarPlay takes over.

Universe please make this happen.
MagSafe 2 iteration is rumored to allow data through the MagSafe, so that is closer to being possible!! Just would of course rely on Apple allowing iOS to transform into the CarPlay interface. That’s the bigger hurdle.

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
Dare say the leather wallet case will probably cost £129 for absolutely no reason like last year. I'll be ordering a leather wallet case from Torro for £35 like the one on my XR. Had the phone and case for two years and the case in still in excellent shape. Phone is like new still even after a few drops.

Reactions: MrFootery

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2017
Apple what’s going on with your supply chain?!! This is not exclusive to this year and pandemic! They always announce products only to have them released weeks, months later! It’s LAME and I’m annoyed by it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.