Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ohayo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2017
It protects everything except the very bottom but it’s enough for me. I’ve never had the bottom damaged in these cases. I’ll take the form and looks of this over a gigantic brick case that can withstand falls from 50 feet.

It also protect from drop also? May i know if it does?

Pb1993

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2018
England
D8400DD3-191D-4112-B71E-77F9DC7A7FC9.jpeg
8FD63B56-EAEE-4AF5-B687-48BCFC82D42E.jpeg
Here’s my saddle brown iPhone 8 case after 6 months I do love it. After the saddle brown for the 8 and 7 and 6s decided on the electric blue for my new X

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
My iPhone X fell out as I was getting out of an uber and cracked exactly where the bottom of the phone is exposed. Drop it plenty times before without damage, so I guess the leather case does protect, but there is always that 1/1000 chance it will fall just right to damage it.

Clefairy

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2018
Nova Scotia, Canada
My iPhone X fell out as I was getting out of an uber and cracked exactly where the bottom of the phone is exposed. Drop it plenty times before without damage, so I guess the leather case does protect, but there is always that 1/1000 chance it will fall just right to damage it.

Same thing happened to me with my 6S. Fell off the bed in the leather case and the exposed part of my phone landed on something (I believe it was the end of a charger cord) and pushed the headphone jack in on itself. Luckily I was able to bend it back out, but there was no listening to music for a few days!

IMO the leather cases are great for people who don’t drop their phones very often. I have the occasional slip from the couch to the floor and my leather cases for my 7+ have never failed to protect the phone.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
View attachment 774168 Here’s my saddle brown iPhone 8 case after 6 months I do love it. After the saddle brown for the 8 and 7 and 6s decided on the electric blue for my new X

That blue is just gorgeous. I owned one for about 2 minutes before deciding to go with the white silicone case (which I ended up returning after realizing how much better I like the leather). Can't wait to see how it ages.

Same thing happened to me with my 6S. Fell off the bed in the leather case and the exposed part of my phone landed on something (I believe it was the end of a charger cord) and pushed the headphone jack in on itself. Luckily I was able to bend it back out, but there was no listening to music for a few days!

IMO the leather cases are great for people who don’t drop their phones very often. I have the occasional slip from the couch to the floor and my leather cases for my 7+ have never failed to protect the phone.

I drop my phone A LOT lately, which is strange since before the X I could probably count on both hands how many times I've had significant drops over the years with previous phones. My leather case (as seen below) shows the wear but I like it. Adds character/personality.

My midnight blue after 8 months and 3 weeks. Hard to get it in a light that doesn't make it look black.

phone.jpg

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Am I the only one who has mixed feelings about getting the 6.5” OLED next month because the patina process starts from scratch?
My feeling is that my X will continue to work and look awesome in it's patina'd midnight blue case long after the new model is released.

Clefairy

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2018
Nova Scotia, Canada
My feeling is that my X will continue to work and look awesome in it's patina'd midnight blue case long after the new model is released.

Funny you say that - I was thinking I would upgrade in september but the iOS 12 beta has made my 7+ feel a year newer! Might ride with saddle brown for little while :)

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
This is electric blue after 4 months

Happy I saw this. I was just about to post how other's Electric Blue is holding up as mine is turning black in some spots and looks really dirty. Not a fan of how it's aging. I just used some Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner, but not looking much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.