Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I’m not a fan of how my electric blue patina developed ... my Sea Blue leather case did a much better job. See pic of the the electric blue. I’ve had it since this case since it came out (spring 2018?).

Attachments

• 404D3B0B-3FEF-4512-8B30-0EAEBF4B877F.jpeg
    404D3B0B-3FEF-4512-8B30-0EAEBF4B877F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2,910
Reactions: Greysider

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I'm thinking about getting the black leather case for the Xs Max. Does anyone have any photos of an aged black leather case?

I've used red and grey 6s Plus leather cases, and the red one just got dirty, no patina. My grey case still looks like when I bought it, only the sides are smoother now.

I want a case for the Xs Max that won't just seem 'dirty', hence I'm leaning towards black.

Here’s mine. As good as new.

716d4f14f936fad16e636c6ac9e0d3af.png

scrappygolucky

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2018
Saddle brown is probably one of the best colors for these Apple leather cases. I’m torn between this and Mujjo for my saddle brown type color.

I really want something that'll hold my cards, but I also want something that will get a nice patina.

Does anyone know if the Mujjo will darken and develop a similar patina as the Apple cases?

Or, alternatively, if Apple will release the folio case in saddle brown? It's such a popular color I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place.

Last edited:

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Saddle brown is probably one of the best colors for these Apple leather cases. I’m torn between this and Mujjo for my saddle brown type color.

I thought I’d chip in here. I’ve had the saddle brown for my iPhone 7 (and 6S) and thought it was amazing. I still do. It had a wonderful patina. I decided to have a change and went for the saddle brown with Mujjo. It wasn’t bad but apple’s was more satisfying. It was thicker than Apples (more like the silicone thickness) and heavier. I was fine with that. What I didn’t like was that it didn’t really patina much.

I did however get a Mujjo sleeve for the iPhone X. I can say that was amazing. I love that and recommend that but not the case as much as Apple’s.
[doublepost=1537135494][/doublepost]
I really want something that'll hold my cards, but I also want something that will get a nice patina.

Does anyone know if the Mujjo will darken and develop a similar patina as the Apple cases?

Or, alternatively, if Apple will release the folio case in saddle brown? It's such a popular color I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place.

Sorry I didn’t realise you asked this. I just answered above. I don’t believe the Mujjo patinas as much. Mind you I didn’t use it constantly or even for much of the year but it didn’t change colour. The Mujjo sleeve has though (but not too much patina just a bit on corners). If I had a choice and had both in front of me I’d choose the Apple case. The Mujjo sleeve is wonderful though.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I thought I’d chip in here. I’ve had the saddle brown for my iPhone 7 (and 6S) and thought it was amazing. I still do. It had a wonderful patina. I decided to have a change and went for the saddle brown with Mujjo. It wasn’t bad but apple’s was more satisfying. It was thicker than Apples (more like the silicone thickness) and heavier. I was fine with that. What I didn’t like was that it didn’t really patina much.

I did however get a Mujjo sleeve for the iPhone X. I can say that was amazing. I love that and recommend that but not the case as much as Apple’s.

Sorry I didn’t realise you asked this. I just answered above. I don’t believe the Mujjo patinas as much. Mind you I didn’t use it constantly or even for much of the year but it didn’t change colour. The Mujjo sleeve has though (but not too much patina just a bit on corners). If I had a choice and had both in front of me I’d choose the Apple case. The Mujjo sleeve is wonderful though.

Thank you for your insight on Mujjo. I appreciate it. I have a sleeve from them for my MBP 15” but the leather does not get much use. So it’s great to hear from those who have purchased it. This year, I’m leaning towards forest green.

Reactions: JamiLynee

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009

The lighting isn’t great. But today purchased a saddle brown Apple case and I wanted to show you what the difference was in terms of colour.

Attachments

• 1CD40DD9-4338-4D66-87A1-7F57AE8825A8.jpeg
    1CD40DD9-4338-4D66-87A1-7F57AE8825A8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 893
  • 47B3A308-FCAB-42C8-A94B-7ECFB86F8958.jpeg
    47B3A308-FCAB-42C8-A94B-7ECFB86F8958.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,016

scrappygolucky

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2018

Thanks! If the Mujjo had a deeper brown I might buy it but the tan (sort of like the saddle brown initial color before getting a patina) just look!s
The lighting isn’t great. But today purchased a saddle brown Apple case and I wanted to show you what the difference was in terms of colour.

Thanks! I wonder if how the leather is finished affects the eventual patina.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I'm noticing a big difference in the cosmos blue vs. product red for my X. The blue is very smooth and you can see all the details of scratches and indentions. I like it a lot. The red is very grainy with a rougher back. Weird the contrast.

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
You all got me hyped up with all these pictures. Just placed an order for an XS Max Forrest Green as well. Doing a store pick up Friday. Wish they were cheaper. I would get a few colors. :(

XS Max Space Grey 256gb version. Really hoping the new Intel modem makes a significant difference with T-Mobile in NYC.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Love the Apple leather case. Feels and looks great. Thanks for the pictures. Anyone have a picture of a space gray X in a black leather they can share, the front and back and bottom? I’m getting a SG Xs with a black Apple leather this Friday, upgrading from a silver 8 Plus. Can’t wait to ditch the white bezels.

Last edited:
Reactions: gjr74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.