Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
View attachment 843042 I really like the saddle brown Apple case but another that I like even better is the Haxford case. The style is the same as the Apple case. Differences are - it has pebbled leather that smells like leather. The pebbled grain also gives better grip. The case actually goes on and off the phone easier but still hugs the phone. The camera hole is bigger but centered nicely. The buttons are leather and not metal and they are very tactile. I like this case enough that I bought another for a spare.

If I had one suggestion for the Haxford company, it would be to make their logo on the case smaller.

I highly recommend this high quality leather case!

I bought this case for $25.60 with the 20% off DAD20 code in effect this weekend.
Have you continuously used this case so far? If so, has it developed any kind of a patina? I’m looking to order one for myself. Would you happen to have any current pics of the used case?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
C6B0AA4E-A98A-49F8-9F02-0DE1A7517981.jpeg
Have you continuously used this case so far? If so, has it developed any kind of a patina? I’m looking to order one for myself. Would you happen to have any current pics of the used case?
My favorite of all cases is the Apple leather saddle brown. My first one, I dropped and chipped the corner off. I was able to get another but then went in search of a backup. All were
out of stock that actually fit the X properly. So then I found the Haxford. I’ve used it off and on. As for patina, I’m afraid I’m not a good one to ask as my cases take forever to develop natural patina. So I end up rubbing them with a mixture of brown shoe polish and leather cream to make them darker.

The one on the left has been used on and off for a few months. The one on the right is new. Not much patina.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
View attachment 853680
My favorite of all cases is the Apple leather saddle brown. My first one, I dropped and chipped the corner off. I was able to get another but then went in search of a backup. All were
out of stock that actually fit the X properly. So then I found the Haxford. I’ve used it off and on. As for patina, I’m afraid I’m not a good one to ask as my cases take forever to develop natural patina. So I end up rubbing them with a mixture of brown shoe polish and leather cream to make them darker.

The one on the left has been used on and off for a few months. The one on the right is new. Not much patina.
Thanks for the reply and pictures. I ordered one from haxford anyway in the saddle brown without the monogram. I guess we’ll see how well it does for the next couple of months on my phone. I’m seriously considering selling my xr and purchasing a new xs through Apple directly since I really enjoy the smaller screen of the xs. Then I’ll be able to finally get an Apple saddle brown case and be done with it.;)

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
A month and a bit on and the case has darkened a bit - not massively.

It’s hard to get a picture showing it’s true colour as it appears different in different light. Indoors, it’s a nice deep green and outdoors it’s a lot lighter.

Pic below shows it probably a few shades lighter than it is. Looks awesome against my gold XS Max
View attachment 853518
I have to say I've never been much of a green fan, but this really looks great, especially with a nice patina.

Reactions: iFone88

sammjordan

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009

It’s hard to get a picture showing it’s true colour as it appears different in different light. Indoors, it’s a nice deep green and outdoors it’s a lot lighter.

Pic below shows it probably a few shades lighter than it is. Looks awesome against my gold XS Max
View attachment 853518

The Forest Green looks gorgeous. Wish I had gotten one!

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI

View attachment 853518
Does yours creak around the sides? I have bought two Forest Green ones and had to return both because they kept creaking even after 10 days.

I have two saddle brown cases, a product red, and midnight blue and never experienced that before. I really want a FG because I’m obsessed with these cases but don’t want to keep buying and returning.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Does yours creak around the sides? I have bought two Forest Green ones and had to return both because they kept creaking even after 10 days.

I have two saddle brown cases, a product red, and midnight blue and never experienced that before. I really want a FG because I’m obsessed with these cases but don’t want to keep buying and returning.
Nope, not at all

I got mine off a seller on eBay - he bought it back in October ‘18, used it once or twice and then it sat in a box till he sold it to me a few weeks back.

So it was brand new effectively but probably one of the first original ones made.

Jomppa

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Just got the Apple leather case in sunset color for my Xs Max. Is it only the sunset color or have they changed materials for all.? Last time i had an Apple leather case was back with iPhone 6 and that was slippery as soap.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

I had a Midnight Blue that I stopped using because of the creaky sides. After griping about it at the Apple Store each time I was in, someone finally pulled some strings and swapped it out for a new one.

Reactions: uecker87

sammjordan

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009

This happens on my black leather case, usually stops creaking after leaving it on for a bit. I've never heard it on my saddle brown.

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
my saddle brown apple case is still holding up on my day one XS Max. I've definitely dropped it and scraped it up a few times and I just rub it with my finger and it mostly goes away.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
It seems the most popular leather case is between the saddle brown and the Forrest green. Anyone agree? And if so, which gets your vote?

Reactions: Greysider

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It seems the most popular leather case is between the saddle brown and the Forrest green. Anyone agree? And if so, which gets your vote?
I’m partial to dark green leather in general, so FG for me (I even have a pair of dark green leather oxfords ). But honestly, as much as I love a natural veg tan patina, Apple’s saddle brown patinas way too fast for my taste.

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I’m partial to dark green leather in general, so FG for me (I even have a pair of dark green leather oxfords ). But honestly, as much as I love a natural veg tan patina, Apple’s saddle brown patinas way too fast for my taste.
Yeah, I like the FG too. I tend to match my case colour to my watch strap. I wish Apple made a nice FG leather Watch strap.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
My red one isn’t aging very well. It’s starting to look dingy after about three months now. I’ll post a pic when I get home after my road trip.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
My red one isn’t aging very well. It’s starting to look dingy after about three months now. I’ll post a pic when I get home after my road trip.
I’d like to see a picture if you get a chance to post it. I started using my bullstrap crimson case again and it’s a little bit of a deeper red than the Apple product red case. I hope it patinas well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.