Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kshitijshah

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2012
864C9925-E3D2-42EE-9D08-AF1386D98D5A.jpeg
In my quest for replacement of Apple Leather came across this Indian brand called Tole - www.toleofficial.com Must say it feels great. Well fitting. Good MagSafe strength. Clicky buttons. Worth a buy. I like the darker brown

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2641.jpeg
    IMG_2641.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2643.jpeg
    IMG_2643.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: fp99

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Keep in mind that as the leather ages it will get darker... eventually becoming a dark brownish black on the edges. It will take a bit of time but the journey is worth it. The Keyway is a great case.
After all these posts, pics and discussions, I'm 100% sold to keyway (the Slate is absolutely sick). Unfortunately as we discussed before, they dont deliver outside of the US/Canada (already asked them also)-neither on their website nor on Etsy. :( I think the shipping price from Canada/US to EU is more than the case cost...

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
After all these posts, pics and discussions, I'm 100% sold to keyway (the Slate is absolutely sick). Unfortunately as we discussed before, they dont deliver outside of the US/Canada (already asked them also)-neither on their website nor on Etsy. :( I think the shipping price from Canada/US to EU is more than the case cost...
Amazed they still aren’t shipping to EU. There is someone on here who got one sent over there. Maybe they can chime in on how they did it. I’ll have to search back through the pages to see who.

Reactions: TimoK and RRC

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Amazed they still aren’t shipping to EU. There is someone on here who got one sent over there. Maybe they can chime in on how they did it. I’ll have to search back through the pages to see who.
This is what they said:
SCR-20231104-plr.png

I didn't know that someone from here got their case delivered in EU. I check this thread daily, maybe I've missed that. Would be interesting, because I really love the look and also the logo (im sure im one of the few)

zkap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2019
This thread has been a lot of help. I decided to use leather cases and went through a lot of pages here.
I discarded many options due to various reasons, like branding, shipping costs, availability (I use a 13 Pro so not all cases are still in stock)...

Ultimately decided on two options - Apple leather case for the perfect fit and the Ryan London for the patina and to have an open lip case (I prefer those). I've read many useful info here and the pics of other people's cases are beautiful. Waiting for the RL to arrive, a big plus for me is free shipping (I'm in the EU).

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
This thread has been a lot of help. I decided to use leather cases and went through a lot of pages here.
I discarded many options due to various reasons, like branding, shipping costs, availability (I use a 13 Pro so not all cases are still in stock)...

Ultimately decided on two options - Apple leather case for the perfect fit and the Ryan London for the patina and to have an open lip case (I prefer those). I've read many useful info here and the pics of other people's cases are beautiful. Waiting for the RL to arrive, a big plus for me is free shipping (I'm in the EU).

They are doing free shipping for US as well.

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Do you guys know if Ryan London normally offers some good deals for Black Friday?
I know that Andar offered 30% off sitwide last year and I suppose they'll do it again this year.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
This is what they said:
View attachment 2307166

I didn't know that someone from here got their case delivered in EU. I check this thread daily, maybe I've missed that. Would be interesting, because I really love the look and also the logo (im sure im one of the few)

I bought one in the UK, used a company called shipitto which gives to a US address to use, then once it’s received they package it up and ship it via their postage options so they are a middle man kind of role. Worked flawlessly for me, albeit an expensive option.

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

damo.74

macrumors member
May 22, 2020
Also how is the Nomad thickness? Thicker than Apple?
Yes, I’d say noticeably thicker but in a good way. I’ve got both and if I’m outdoors I always take the Nomad as I know that if I was unfortunate to drop them, the Nomad will take far more abuse, plus the Rustic brown just gets better and better looking over time.

xaadaaxaadan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2023

Aren't they based in the UK? Will there be any potential import duty and stuff?

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
@rstark18 how were you able to measure the thickness? I used my calipers for all other measurements but with a metal camera ring the thickness measurement is proving to be difficult

I had a small metal block. Measure the block with calipers. Measure the block and case with the block sitting in the case with calipers. Subtract the dimension of the block which leaves just the thickness of the case.
I did the same with the sides with a much smaller block (a small magnet).

Reactions: TotalMacMove

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I got my green colored “apple leather case” from AliExpress today. This one came from a different seller than my purple one. It seems like it’s better quality. The buttons are even clickier than the purple one. Which is great! You can see the MagSafe ring on it because I had my MagSafe PopSocket attached for a couple hours already before I snapped the photos. For the price I may just order the purple from this seller and the other colors as well.
IMG_0170.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg

xaadaaxaadan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2023
No duty and free shipping. You can also find discount codes online (I used one for 15% off).
I saw the free shipping. But their note for the import duty puts me off from ordering from them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 23.00.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 23.00.24.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 75

zkap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2019
Aren't they based in the UK? Will there be any potential import duty and stuff?

They are. I ordered something from the UK half a year ago and didn't have to pay any duties, same with my orders from China. Last time I paid an import duty was two years ago, so I don't know if I'll have to pay something now.

Cozmosis

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Visible patina in 4 weeks is not normal. Why are you in such a rush?

No hurry. But I have used a lot of leather goods over the years including leather cases (and Lonli's last year) and there was no signs of absorption of oils, different texture, or any sign the leather was real (or at least not heavily coated) and in fact became quite slimy at the end of a day. I don't mind waiting for patina but it felt like crap.

I tried a leather conditioner and it didn't really absorb. Since I was refunding it anyway (they offer a 30 day trial) - I alcohol wiped the heck out of it and a ton of brown pigment came off - the feel was better and it did take on some oils/conditioner then, but it doesn't look particularly good either.

I'll probably go caseless or wait for something good to go on sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.