Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Well, I tried Liger.. The app doesn't appear to open at all (no dock icon, etc) Not in the force quit list either.

Anyway, now menushade won't work any more.. Even after restarts.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
When i apply the Liger theme with Shapeshifter and restart, my icons still come up as shown below. How do i stop this?? (THe time only shows the theme on the analogue setting and not digital)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 99

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2005
London
Could any of you send me these 3 files from the WWDC Leopard preview:
- System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle
- System/Library/CoreServices/Finder
- System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources
I would like to extract some icons from there...

EDIT: I've seen it in a screenshot in this topic: how do you display the number of items in the trash, like Mail and new e-mails?

Thanks a bunch!

i think, this

http://www.hyperbolicsoftware.com/SmartTrash.html

not used it tho

dggraphics

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
NYC
Leopard A-Dock Theme

is there a tiger adock theme yet?

I made one, but A-Dock configures itself differently, so the trash cannot be part of the same dock. See my screenshot. The trash icon in the Dock is just a folder with trash icon pasted on. you will see/know what I mean if you have used it before. I personally am not using it, as it does not have enough features for me.

There is a better one floating around so I removed the link.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
When i apply the Liger theme with Shapeshifter and restart, my icons still come up as shown below. How do i stop this?? (THe time only shows the theme on the analogue setting and not digital)

My menubar is only transparent in some applications, and not in others. In finder, system prefs its transparent, but in safari and mail its solid

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Any one wanna place bets on how long it will be before someone leaks a copy of the near final Leopard on torrent sites? lol

It has happened. Not that I'd know anything about that. ;)

would someone he very kind and upload the icons for time machine and spaces? and any other leapard looking ones for other hacks i've got! i'd be grateful

I have some. PM me with your email, and I'll send you them.

Note: for your info, I did not download the Leopard beta torrent, I have acquired the icons through another means. ;)

bandit8003

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
i was wondering all the apps mentioned... menushade, overflow, you control desktop... i was wondering are there any other cool ones similar (change the appearance of OS X etc.) that are free?

o90x42424

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
Liger DMG

Hey everyone! I've been watching this post for a bit now, and I gotta say I'm quite intrigued with these discoveries. I was lucky enough to toy around with the beta, though I don't own a copy, and some of these guiKits are outstanding in comparison!

So, I decided to make my own little contribution. It's nothing too terribly much -- Just a pretty package of Liger, over 100 authentic Leopard icons (Stored neatly in iContainers), and the seven wallpapers packaged with Leopard.

Click the Image to Download

DOWNLOAD FIXED

darksol360

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
7 New Wallpapers with added dock PLEASE!!!! =D

Would be kinda cool if someone* would throw those varying sized 10.5 docks on the wallpapers! =D

Jaffa

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Hey everyone! I've been watching this post for a bit now, and I gotta say I'm quite intrigued with these discoveries. I was lucky enough to toy around with the beta, though I don't own a copy, and some of these guiKits are outstanding in comparison!

So, I decided to make my own little contribution. It's nothing too terribly much -- Just a pretty package of Liger, over 100 authentic Leopard icons (Stored neatly in iContainers), and the seven wallpapers packaged with Leopard.

Click the Image to Download

I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /gui/Liger.dmg was not found on this server.

On that download link... Any ideas?

o90x42424

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /gui/Liger.dmg was not found on this server.

On that download link... Any ideas?

I'm afraid I had to remove it - Yeah, as shocking as it may seem, Apple found me, seeing as how the package was carrying the official icons and all. :( So, for now, no neato DMG, sorry.

EDIT — Actually, I found a semi-loop-hole =D The file is back up >>> http://www.mediafire.com/?7q7uxtnsymn

nightshrill

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
leopard dmg

Hello everyone. I just read 7 pages worth of these posts and am quite intrigued by this project. I can't really do any gfx work which is disappointing however i'm working on getting simpler to conver the widget to a stand-alone app and seeing how that'll work (I didn't care for a-dock at all).

Something I would like to mention is that I have the Leopard 10.5 WWDC 9a466 disc in a dmg file. If anyone needs any files off of this i'd be more than happy to accommodate!

on an off topic: I actually tried Leopard on the only mac I own, an iBook G4 14" 1.42 (the last one they made) with 1gb of ram, etc. It's really awesome and I didn't really experience any app crashed except for one mail crash, but the nova media iSYnc components didn't work so I had to ditch it. Not only that but finder ran slow as heck! Safari was also snail-speed due to the shadow/shading when apps are selected. Not sure if this is just me being on an iBook or not :\

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I am tired of looking for the answer to this, someone tell me how to change the dock icons (replace the safari icon for instance with another icon, but still trigger safari).

Please and thank you.

nightshrill

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I am tired of looking for the answer to this, someone tell me how to change the dock icons (replace the safari icon for instance with another icon, but still trigger safari).

Please and thank you.

Use candybar to replace system and app icons.

also, to anyone who has pm'ed me i was only able to get a few files that were requested, and have not had time to upload them (i'm actually at work right now). the files i was able to get were

- System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle
- System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources

- Library/FrameWorks/NavigationServices.framework/Ressources

unfortunately I was not able to find any apps themselves, just their install packages (I had to remove leopard unless I wanted it as my primary os, and it ran too slow for that). I tried opening the package files (found in /system/library/install/packages) with pacifist but was unable to. I will be uploading the three files/directories I was able to fetch asap, probably thursday and July 4 is a major holiday here in the US and I will be gone all day. Also, the coreservices/frontrow is non-existant along with a few other files mentioned from the coreservices folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.