Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Leopard theme-Grassyblade-Icons-MenuShade(looks better than SS transparency)-Leopard A-Dock Skin.
564320432_e92bf73889_b.jpg

Download Leopard A-Dock Theme
Download Modified Leopard Theme(GuiKit)

Ok, I have A-DockX but can't get the Leopard Skin to install. How do I do that?

UPDATE: Never mind, figured it out. Just can't get rid of the separator between favorites and "Reveal Desktop/System Preferences/Trash Bin" that is on the right hand side now...

Also, what is the best configuration for the MenuShade? I have Unshaded and Shaded about the same with a dark green background color and transparency is decent but I want to get the fonts and such blacker, more apparent. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

dggraphics

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
NYC
to remove separator

to remove the separator:

Actually I don't think you can remove it, but you can make it invisible.

Open the Dock preferences-In the General Tab, there you can select the color and alpha value to make it disappear.

You can also make the other arrows blue for active apps, forgot to set that.

If you want the dock to look more transparent, you can edit the three icon images inside the theme.

Right-click to show package contents, then open the three background icon files in an icon editing app and change the fill color of the masks to a middle grey value. Save them and re-select the theme to apply the changes.

BTW..Themes are located in /Library/Application Support/A-Dock/Themes

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Liger is an absolutely perfect Leopard GUIkit. Transparency is perfect, it works in every application, everything is stunningly beautiful. Here's what I'm currently using:

567233785_bb51b9c6b3_b.jpg

I like the Tiger dock better, so I'm going to stick with that. This theme is absolutely -amazing-. I'm really excited about it. :cool:

Here's what the Finder looks like (I haven't added spaces for my toolbar buttons yet). This was taken before I changed my wallpaper to the cool picture of my MBP.

566824828_1126eac9c7_b.jpg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Liger is an absolutely perfect Leopard GUIkit. Transparency is perfect, it works in every application, everything is stunningly beautiful.

What do I need to use for Liger? Which program? Unsanity's Shapeshifter or such? Thanks.

dartzorichalcos

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2007
Atlantis
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Liger is an absolutely perfect Leopard GUIkit. Transparency is perfect, it works in every application, everything is stunningly beautiful. Here's what I'm currently using:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1420/567233785_bb51b9c6b3_b.jpg

I like the Tiger dock better, so I'm going to stick with that. This theme is absolutely -amazing-. I'm really excited about it. :cool:

Here's what the Finder looks like (I haven't added spaces for my toolbar buttons yet). This was taken before I changed my wallpaper to the cool picture of my MBP.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1408/566824828_1126eac9c7_b.jpg

Install this too.

dggraphics

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
NYC

TaylorC - The one I posted is Liger, It's just been updated it's Liger+ It's exactly the same, just has the correct sidebar colors and Leopard icons.

Cheers.

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Hmmmm. I'm running Leopard Beta 9A410 and tried to run ShapeShifter 2.4, but when I attempt to use it from System Preferences, I'm denied, says the Preference Pane can't load. :confused:

Wait a minute.... You're running Leopard already and you are trying to apply a Leopard skin pack for Tiger to Leopard?

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Wait a minute.... You're running Leopard already and you are trying to apply a Leopard skin pack for Tiger to Leopard?

lol version 9A410 doesn't have the GUI of 9A466 (the WWDC release). The beta version I'm using isn't "feature complete" as it was the beta just before 9A466. It doesn't have the brushed metal as 9A466, it also has spaces, time machine, etc. so all I need to "sort of" make 9A466 happen are the final touches displayed here. Make sense? :eek:

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Awesome. The theme is amazing, but I'm having some problems with your newer version. The transparency for the menu bar isn't working properly like in Liger, and I can't get the icons to work, even after applying them/logging out.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I've got MyTenFive already, but Liger is much better imho. I'm still partial to Tiger's dock, but just out of curiosity, what are you guys doing with the OS X dock while running A-Dock? Just hiding it?

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
I've got MyTenFive already, but Liger is much better imho. I'm still partial to Tiger's dock, but just out of curiosity, what are you guys doing with the OS X dock while running A-Dock? Just hiding it?

Yeah, just putting it off to the left or right and hiding it.

Still can't get ShapeShifter Preference Pane to load :(

itmandan

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
We need someone to rip the resources from the dock of leopard, found in library/coreservices/

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Pfft... if you ask me, I think the whole idea of artifically changing your desktop to look like Leopard is ridiculous. (I don't wanna ruin the suprise)

Why go through all the hassle when you'll have the real deal in four months... :eek: ;)

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Pfft... if you ask me, I think the whole idea of artifically changing your desktop to look like Leopard is ridiculous. (I don't wanna ruin the suprise)

Why go through all the hassle when you'll have the real deal in four months... :eek: ;)

Why not? Cause it's fun. :)

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
A-Dock isn't a good solution at the moment. It's not integrated, things don't go there when they minimize, and it'd be much more enjoyable to actually mod the dock itself.

osirisX

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Great thread guys. One problem with all this though is that if you want to change the wallpaper you have to paste on the Leopard Dock each time. I have somewhat of a solution. I converted the Dock image that someone made previously in this thread into a widget. This atleast lets us change the wallpaper freely but it runs ontop of all the Dock icons. So I used Amnesty Singles to convert it into an application. Thing is Amnesty Singles costs money and pops up at you like every five minutes :/

Anyways, here is the widget that I made: http://orange.quickshareit.com/share/leoparddock00b33.zip

osirisX

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add a resize thing in Dashcode. If anyone knows how, let me know :) I was thinking maybe it could be done in XCode. But I don't have a clue when it comes to doing stuff in XCode.

arnoz

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Switzerland
Could any of you send me these 3 files from the WWDC Leopard preview:
- System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle
- System/Library/CoreServices/Finder
- System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources
I would like to extract some icons from there...

EDIT: I've seen it in a screenshot in this topic: how do you display the number of items in the trash, like Mail and new e-mails?

Thanks a bunch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.