Lines are going to be HUGE today.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JRoDDz, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

All signs point to HUGE lines today, limited stock in stores, 2-3 weeks shipping online... Get to the store ASAP!!!!!!

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Who said limited stock in stores?

3. HA5TY macrumors member

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

I heard one Best Buy around my area is getting 350+ units. I think it'll be fine.

5. shk718 macrumors 65816

20 people in line at 14th st nyc store at 9:30

Attached Files:

6. iLucas macrumors 6502

I asked at walmart yesterday and they said to be there early because they will have limited quantites, so instead i just ordered online this morning :)

7. leenak macrumors 68020

And I've already heard reports that Best Buy will be receiving shipments to re-stock tomorrow.

It seems like Apple is really focusing on retail sales and shipping large supplies to their stores and resellers and trying to limit internet sales. The lines may get huge due to hype but I'm guessing most stores won't sell out today and would be surprised if any stores sell out today.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This was no secret that Walmart wasn't going to receive a huge shipment. The main focus is the Apple Stores and Best Buy at this point with everyone else sprinkled with shipments in between.

9. iLucas macrumors 6502

Yeah, i know.
    But the closest best buy in an hour away from me, and the closest apple store is 3 hours! so walmart being only 20 minutes away was my best option

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Only 1 person in line at he Colorado Springs store at 8 am local time.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Ouch :eek:

12. M87 macrumors 65816

This is lovely, the lack of information. I found out the only places close to me that will have it are Wal-Mart and Target. Both are in a somewhat ****** area. Not sure which I'll try, but I think there's a pretty good chance I'll get jumped on my way to the parking lot.

13. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I'm headed to Best Buy bout 245..no earlier!!

14. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Being a Friday and 5PM launch I think the lines will start to really grow later this afternoon.

Most folks have to at least go into work for the day but a lot of them will leave early to get in line.

Last year it was a Saturday IIRC, long lines for most of the day. (Resevered mine and got into the store in first wave so I was back at work before most ever saw the inside of the store)

15. stockcerts macrumors 65816

This post is pure crap. No one knows what the lines are going to look like. There are several retail options to purchase for this release. I'm planning on arriving at my Apple store about 2:00 and I plan on walking away with the model I want.

16. OSMac macrumors 65816

Absolutely no one in line in Canada, except at Tim Hortons.

17. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well... Are you aware that orders placed online are already being pushed out 2-3 weeks? I wouldn't just assume that you are going to be able to just mosey into an Apple store and get what you want. Just sayin'

18. danny_w macrumors 601

But who can say if that really means anything? It could simply be the Apple hype machine on overdrive, trying to make it appear that there have been a lot of orders. Nobody knows at this point.

19. deadwalrus macrumors regular

ftfy

20. jsbaugh macrumors 6502

Good luck. Both Apple stores here already have lines 50 deep and that is with 7 hours to go. Best Buy here also has a line. Lines are going to be huge today.

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm pretty sure the '2-3 weeks shipping' is specifically because they made sure the stores are well stocked.

Where did you get "limited stock in stoers" from? Did you just make it up?

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow that's just crazy. I mean waiting in line for 7.5 hours for a tablet. Call me crazy I just can't see standing around all day for this. Being the first to own something isn't a strong desire for me I guess.

23. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I'm getting there at 2.. I hope that isn't too late! A lot of people should still be in school.. and hopefully people still in work...

24. dionnfr macrumors member

Lets get real here, when the original IPAD was released it was only in the Apple stores or you order online, now we have the following:

Apple Stores
    Order on Line
    Best Buy
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Walmart
    Target

I guess there will be lines at every one of these retail outlet

25. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Where do you get the idea there will be limited stock? Multiply every BB store by 100 (though some will have 150). Add in every ATT and VZW store, Target, a few WMs. Then all the Apple Stores (multiple stores in most major cities like NYC, CHI, DC, LA, SD/OC, SF, ATL, HOU, S. FLA, BOS).

Sorry not seeing a shortage just yet.