Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Having seen both in person, the Milanese loop. It looks high end, where the link bracelet looks reminiscent of a Casio digital watch band. I think they really missed the mark with that one, then charging $450 for it? Very odd.

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Link for me, hands down.

I have several watches with link bracelets - I like the way they fit and feel. The Milanese, while nice and clearly a favorite for many, just isn't my style. I tried on both at the Apple Store on 4/10. I got a SS with Sport band to start, but if I want to add a "dressy" band, it'll either be a leather or link.

mrcobra92

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
Loop. Looks waaaaaaay better and feels like snake skin! Way more comfortable too as it fits perfectly due to the magnet.

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
The loop was a letdown for me. Wasn't crazy about the feel and the way it looked on the looped side. I like the simplicity and clean look of the linked band. I have to admit, the sport band was nicer than I was expecting as well

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
I'm actually going to cancel my order for the second milanese loop band in favor for beats headset. Just gotta convince myself first. Then later I'll probably buy the link one.

If price is not a factor, which one would you prefer and why?

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs
I was so interested in getting the metal link, but after finding out how much it costs and seeing it in person, I am now more interested in the Milanese Loop. Here they are side by side.

20r8ebr.jpg
2v9u3wk.jpg

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
I was so interested in getting the metal link, but after finding out how much it costs and seeing it in person, I am now more interested in the Milanese Loop. Here they are side by side.

ImageImage

Let's assume the price difference is very close, or even the same... which one would you have picked? Both look nice.

Link looks more "proper", and Milanese looks more elegant and modern.

Cubeeless

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2012
Milanese, looks so classy and different from everything else so far. On top of that, it is super comfortable.

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
my only worry is will the link become either too loose or too tight since there is no micro adjustment.

Those who tried the link able to comments?

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Link because I want people to think that I'm a high roller.
Just kidding. I wanted the loop but I was sad that it wouldn't ship until June (I have my watch coming 4/24-5/8). So I decided to get the link. I was planning to get the link in October anyway. But that loop is gorgeous and looks better in person but the link is the other way around (still looks pretty good).

It just looks different but I love that it doesn't tug on hair.

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs
I will get the Milanese Loop for the comfort. I was having a hard time securing the clasp for the link and I know I will get used to it but the Milanese loop is a no-brainer. The butterfly clasp for the link is kinda tricky for me

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
my only worry is will the link become either too loose or too tight since there is no micro adjustment.

it fit a little snug when i tried it on but i feel like an extra link would have made it too loose fitting.

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs
Yeah speaking of the hair ( just look at my pic I posted on how hairy my arms are)...never once did my hairs got tugged while trying on the Milanese Loop. Love it

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010

I think it depends on your wrist size and personal preferences, but it's non-issue in my opinion. I tend to wear my link bands with a tiny bit of play so I can periodically adjust position and don't feel like I'm losing circulation. I'm sure Apple took careful detail to get it right for most people though

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
The loop looked much better in person than expected. Would definitely consider it as a second option. The link on the other hand was underwhelming in person.

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I think it depends on your wrist size and personal preferences, but it's non-issue in my opinion. I tend to wear my link bands with a tiny bit of play so I can periodically adjust position and don't feel like I'm losing circulation. I'm sure Apple took careful detail to get it right for most people though

but I thought the watch have to be "tight" enough for the sensor to work properly?

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
but I though you watch have to be "tight" enough for the sensor to work properly?

I thought about that, I'm getting a sport band just for working out anyway. I still wear watch tight enough that it shouldn't be an issue, just not so tight that I feel like it's pressing into my skin

Edit: Have to take into consider your wrist size slightly fluctuates from it's resting position/flexed position. I usually kind of my "flex" wrist then fit it to that so there's just slight bit of wiggle room when resting. Don't want it to feel like it's gonna bust if you were to any activity. Just my opinion

Last edited:

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milanese. I think it's very versatile, it can go formal or semi-casual.

Normally I am a fan of link bracelets but something about it paired with the Apple Watch gives it a very Casio calculator feel, not particularly elegant at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.