• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

025930-linkin_300.jpg

Photo from TheDailySwarm.com

Linkin Park played at the Apple Soho store tonight, fulfilling the rumored "secret" Apple show. The six song set was recorded for a future iTunes release.

As we approach the end of February, however, the absense of press invitations to any special Apple event makes the rumored Apple event increasingly unlikely. Apple typically gives media at least one week warning for events. Indeed, the original rumor was spotty at best -- a non-traditional rumor site with "unconfirmed" information.

Regardless, Apple has been on a roll with weekly Tuesday announcements since Macworld. Apple's self-imposed February 2008 iPhone Software Development Kit (SDK) deadline rapidly approaching, so we should expect a release or, at the least, an announcement of delay.

Article Link

bayol05

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, this news is pretty disappointing, as I was hoping for some crazy cool super secret event. BUT oh well. This either means that the SDK announcement will not be at an event (which seems different for apple) or it is going to be delayed. Nonetheless, we need our Penryn MacBook Pros, so......next tuesday, quiet speed bump?

Comment

ts1973

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2002
Belgium
Regardless, Apple has been on a roll with weekly Tuesday announcements since Macworld

Sorry, don't agree : Apple got the easy stuff out of the way the last couple of weeks, time for the serious product updates. The weekly tuesday stuff of late is just another form of Apple advertisement, so they can claim "look what we've done :rolleyes:", but bringing very little to the Mac user.

So where are those Macbook Pro's :D ;)

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yet it was still posted here.

Some sites have enough readership that when they post a rumor like this, it gets around enough that I feel obligated to post it (with qualification), since it's "out there". But if it does turn out to be not true, this will reflect poorly on their future reports.

arn

Comment

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
major updates to mbp just arent coming until june, I'm telling you... sure there will be a quiet penryn bump but the case redesign and big montevina jump will be june

Comment

bayol05

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I DEMAND to know what this has to do with the update of the MBP!

Ok pushy sir...If there was to be an apple event, say to announce the iPhone SDK, most people would think that if there is going to be a somewhat moderate update to the MacBook Pros (which is long overdue and rumored to be "imminent") than it would take place at this event, as opposed to a quiet update on their website on some upcoming tuesday. So people were thinking an event was going to happen, thus a new MBP update. A lot of people are dying for these MBPs, so any kind of event or tuesday seems worth obsessing over. There, your demand has been fulfilled.

Comment

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
MBP now!!!! lol im getting a bit sick of all the rumor "teasing", maybe next teusday???

Comment

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I think we will either see invitations to an event or announcement of a delay by this Friday.

Comment

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
i figured this would be the case with the "secret linkin park thing" ... i couldn't see any connection with a musical act like that and the release of new hardware and/or the sdk. it just didn't make any sense.

Comment

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Question.

Where did they cram Linkin Park in a store? Is the SoHo store that big? :confused:

I mean, yeah, its 200 people, but that still seems like a bit.

Comment

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
TUAW will file this under "bad apple". I don't think the recent Shuffle price drop will keep stock prices from falling if this turns out to be true. Maybe SuperSteve will fly down and save the day. Boom!

Comment

rino.summer

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2008
Don't worry.

I guess,SDK will come as a XCode update or a download for ADC members.
Then no event is necessary.
And MBP is not promised on February:)

Comment

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
<----- wants an update MBP to come out next tuesday......

This is now assuming the tediousness of the Great "G5 Macbook Next Tuesday" threads of yore...

And when a revision to the Macbook Pro finally DOES come out, then these pages will be filled with post after post saying "Lame...Apple Sux..why do you do this to me Apple, I've had enough, I'm going to buy a Dell/HP...I'm going to go Vista/XP.." etc.

Meh.

Comment

Appler

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2006
Sorry, don't agree : Apple got the easy stuff out of the way the last couple of weeks, time for the serious product updates. The weekly tuesday stuff of late is just another form of Apple advertisement, so they can claim "look what we've done :rolleyes:", but bringing very little to the Mac user.

So where are those Macbook Pro's :D ;)

I believe "Announcements" was the key term here, not releases, not upgrades. Yes, they were not enough to simply satisfy eager Apple fans, but nonetheless, they HAVE been on a roll. And remember, they still have a few products to deliver by the end of February, like the Time Capsule?

Comment

RoDe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2006
I say quad core MBP's in April. And until than no updates what so ever.

I know this is a little of topic, but I really want a new and really improved MBP.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.