Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
well... the s4 e.g. isnt that bad to told in one hand. its about time to do bring out a significant larger display...

I think hitting the middle ground is better - 4.2/4.3" is about right for comfort and usability, with newer screen tech should be able to squeeze into the current form factor really and would make web page text far easier to read...

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
iOS 6 was released on Wednesday September 19, and the iPhone 5 came out on Friday the 21st - both of them the week after the Tuesday the iPhone 5 was announced.

So I would expect the same.

I considered that before I made my prediction. It seems that in some cases they have seeded the release a few days ahead of new hardware to give them time to react to any show stoppers prior to millions of people getting their new devices in the mail.

This year with iOS 7, I have a feeling that they may not be as concerned given that everyone is going to complain anyway since it is so different from iOS 6.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
For anyone struggling to get TV4 on iPad/iPhone, there is an app:

http://t.co/NLKR90oflX

I've just downloaded that to my iPad and its working on other streams absolutely fine. The apple stream wont be live until 5 mins before the start of the event so you won't see too much from that for a little while yet!

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I considered that before I made my prediction. It seems that in some cases they have seeded the release a few days ahead of new hardware to give them time to react to any show stoppers prior to millions of people getting their new devices in the mail.

This year with iOS 7, I have a feeling that they may not be as concerned given that everyone is going to complain anyway since it is so different from iOS 6.

It helps spread the pain in regards to their servers.

I think there was one year when they tried to release a bit too much on the same day and it didn't work out very well.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

I assumed the spread was to lighten the load on the servers and tech staff (downloads for upgrades and activations for new people). If I'm right then it will be even more important to spread them out this year given the high interest in iO7.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
I'm a grown man with a car, a house, a dog and a long term partner and loads more important things to worry about.
Why do I still react like a 5 year old at Christmas every time a shiny new Apple toy is release?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I'm a grown man with a car, a house, a dog and a long term partner and loads more important things to worry about.
Why do I still react like a 5 year old at Christmas every time a shiny new Apple toy is release?

lol, I feel the same!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.