Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
If they made a 19 inch MBP I would buy it.

I think they would sell a lot to moms at home, designers, and anyone who wanted the extra space.

Once you go 17 you won't go back. Even 15 is too small.

Also having a 19 inch in a cafe would attract a lot of attention from the moms and people there. For a single guy this is very good.

What do you all think?

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
If they made a 19 inch MBP I would buy it.

I think they would sell a lot to moms at home, designers, and anyone who wanted the extra space.

Once you go 17 you won't go back. Even 15 is too small.

Also having a 19 inch in a cafe would attract a lot of attention from the moms and people there. For a single guy this is very good.

What do you all think?

The 17" is too big if you ask me, 19" for a laptop is just obscene. Some desktop monitors are that big, hell the small iMac screen is only 2.5" larger than that. If you need a 19" screen you either should:

a) Buy an iMac
b) Buy an external monitor and just plug your laptop into it.

because carrying around a 19" laptop is just ridiculous if you ask me.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
that would be huge. i really see no point for a laptop screen to be that big. as it is the 17" MBP is a beast in size and weight i wouldn't want something even bigger.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Half the time I feel my 15" MBP is too large. For an expansive screen I love my 27" iMac.

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
And yet the 17 inch lovers cannot get enough. They wouldn't go back to the 15 inchers.

And yet the people said before the 17 inch was released that it would be too big. And yet the people spoke when the 17 inch was released and bought it and then proclaimed that the 15 inch was not big enough for them.

And yet Dell and HP sold tens of thousands of 20+ inch monsters that weighed 15-20 lbs. Breitbart himself used the Dell M2010.

Mac could most certainly release one that is 19 inches and weighs around 8.5 lbs. If you are a girly man that's too big but people would pay for the extra screen space. Battery life at 5 hours on normal use and its a winner.

The Alienware M18x is a nice machine and a Macbook Pro wouldn't have the same specs so could have extra battery life and a better weight.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Might as well just carry around a 21.5" iMac with you. 17" is already too big.

If you need extra screen space, then use an external monitor. I mean, how often would you really need that extra space when you're away from your home base?

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
19" is crazy talk for a laptop. You want something that big go get a iMac. This is just my opinion but laptops should be small and easily portable. I say 15" is the max I would want though I think 13" is perfect.

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
i love you mac people
3.5 inches is the perfect size for a phone right?
5.3 inches galaxy note and 7 inches galaxy tab are too big right?
until mac make a bigger one and then its the perfect size
like in 2006 17 inches is too big right?
then they release the 17 inch ibook
and suddenly 17 inches is the perfect size
ive read the posts, people here love their 17 inchers
they wont go back to their 15 inchers
so please dont convince me that 17 is too big
it isnt
why would dell and hp sell tens of thousands of 20 inchers if 17 is too big?
why would alienware sell tens of thousands of 18 inchers if 17 is too big?

i wanna hear from people who love 17 and would go bigger
not from people who think that a 13 or 12 inch toy is enough (it might be for them)
i started with a 7, then went to a 10, then a 12, and now i know i want 17 or bigger
the 17 is only a little heavier and larger footprint than the 15
people love their 17s

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
19" is ridiculous for a notebook. It kills the idea of being portable. You either want portability or you want screen real estate. 19" fails in both categories. A better approach is to get a 15" MBP and use a nice big 25-30" external display when you can.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
OP: Companies have done 20" laptops before and look how far they got. Those models are dead and gone. People would be better off getting an external screen at that point.

They want the bigger screen because of the higher resolution. That's the point of the bigger laptops. After 1920x1200 on the 17", it's not really feasible to go to 2560x1600 without some iOS-style retina display scaling.

Also, I would love a 4" iPhone having had a 4.3" Droid X. So, nice try.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I love my MBP 17. It is also as big of a laptop as I think is practical. Anything bigger would likely only be a curiosity with a very limited market audience.

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
I dont know that seems a bit excessive to me. Also it probably wouldn't sell enough considering how much the 17in sells. I see way more 13in pros/Airs now then any other laptop. But this is just from my college/friends.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
Th 17" MBP is already one of the most expensive laptops you can buy. I can't imagine the what the pricing would be for a 19" version. People are looking more for a protably device and something less expensive which is why the 13" sell so well

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
You were a better lurker than a poster your threads are ridiculous

because you can't think different?
or because you are offended that i spoke out against the mac gods and asked for a bounty of bigger riches?
19" is only too small for girly men

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
or because you are offended that i spoke out against the mac gods and asked for a bounty of bigger riches?

no because both your threads could of easily been combined into the same thread. You ask to be conviced a 17" is big enough...wait 2 minutes, make a new thread waiting a 19"

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin

There's a difference to thinking differently and thinking logically. I think even the biggest of men would look foolish with a 19" laptop.

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
no because both your threads could of easily been combined into the same thread. You ask to be conviced a 17" is big enough...wait 2 minutes, make a new thread waiting a 19"

now this is just plain wrong
you ought to read a little better
the other thread is about 17 vs 17 inchers
nothing more
its about a battle of "equals" one with better specs, and half the price, the other with a nicer looking os and case
this thread is about johnny ivey using his head and making a 19 incher
because plenty of people would buy it, look at the hp dragon and the m2010 dell
they are now both around 3-5 years old
people want the i7 and dual ssd goodness and dual graphics card goodness
and they want their big screens
sound good?

theartiste

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
japan
Say what?

2003 powerbook
before that people said 17 was too big
they sell thousands of them
they are so light now (sub 7 lbs) people will carry them
they are not for the girly men
so now they can make a 19 incher surely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.