Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Nope no tshirts in charleston sc

Can anyone who has been to a retail store today confirm whether or not they're giving away t-shirts?

Without reading the rest of the posts. I just left ths Charleston SC store, no tshirts was given. I can't wait to install SL. I am thing about upgrading graphics card later.

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Mine shipped yesterday so I was expecting today since 2 class in royal mail usually deliver next day here. Well, not this time apparently so Saturday then.
I just hope it will fit through the door, because if not I might wait till Monday:mad:

Yeah I am not happy I ordered in the second I found out it was shipping on the 28th from apple none the less... Keep in mind this was after a 2 week fiasco with my iPhone 3GS and them ...

Frits

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2009
Holland
I bought it this morning at a retail store in Utrecht, Holland, no t-shirts there but that might well be different in the US and UK :)

It installed perfectly, only problems I had were after installation:

1 Boinc doesn't work.
2 Flip4Mac doesn't work (works only with quicktime 7 apparently as it says it can't find quicktime, this is with the latest update)
3 My printer, a HP Photosmart C4580, reported needing a driver update to work, so I installed the drivers on the SL disk, but that didn't work, so I downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site and that did work but I had to set up the whole printer and it's connection again (it's wireless).

Overall I'm happy with the install, and the OS in general. The biggest improvements are definitely in speed. You can notice it especially in system prefs and iTunes (opens after one bounce, so.. immediately) and other heavyweight stuff.

danieldk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
Anyone knows why Apple would default it to 32 instead of 64?

Because not all drivers are yet ported, and you can run 64-bit applications fine with the 32-bit kernel?

Anyone knows how to make it default to 64?

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Adding 'arch=x86_64' to the kernel flags should do the trick I think, so changing

Code:
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string></string>

to:

Code:
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>arch=x86_64</string>

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Wow, didn't know we were getting wake on demand - that in itself justifies the £25 I've paid. :D

Just a shame the f***ing thing never turned up today :mad:

danieldk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
I bought it this morning at a retail store in Utrecht, Holland, no t-shirts there but that might well be different in the US and UK :)

Bought it in Groningen, The Netherlands at 00:15. We happened to pass the local Mac store coming back from local festivities. Got a Euro 10.60 gift card with it (only from 00:01 to 00:30) :).

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I'm surprised nobody has listed the build number after all the fuss, just to be sure ;)

Also, anybody notice the crappy gradient in safari (possibly other programs) at the top??? Nice!

screenshot20090828at232.png

Uh...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-08-28 at 1.39.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-08-28 at 1.39.10 PM.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 4,770

kbseattle

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
bummer...

so the apple site says Norton 11 isn't compatible... i haven't received my leopard media yet, does anyone have Snow Leopard working with Norton 11. What sort of problems does it cause.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
so the apple site says Norton 11 isn't compatible... i haven't received my leopard media yet, does anyone have Snow Leopard working with Norton 11. What sort of problems does it cause.

Norton always has caused slowness. There is no reason to use Norton on a Mac.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
just picked it up. I'm going to wait till .1 comes out. I start a new job and don't want FCP to screw up :p

Switched2aMac

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2006
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Same here

Bought two new macs and ordered the update SL for 9.95, expected to see them today....naw they shipped via Snail mail with expected delivery of Sept 1.

Apple that ain't right........:(:(:(

Same boat as you man.....I pre-ordered on 8/1 and now it changed to delivery Sept. 1. I called and they said there was a delay but "they" never gave a reason.

Was waiting for it kinda bummed it's not coming today.

Oh well gotta wait for Tues.

futuredoc

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2009
I'll redownload Safari then.

Anybody know how to make tethering work in 64-bit mode?

I'm sure the problem is on your end, Apple wouldn't let something like that get through. Safari 4.0.3 (6531.9). 64-bit

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
I thought that SL was going to address both video cards on the new MBPs. Instead of having to log out to switch to the power of the video cards it was going to do it automatically based on the program. So far it seems to be snappier. :)

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
Still waiting for FedEx to get here (mountain time... I still have a few hours' window :p).

Anyone know if Bootcamp 3.0 installs without a fuss on Windows 7? I know all the stuff is compatible; it was really a pain having to fight it to get it to install using my Leopard disk (and eventually the download).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.