Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your Jan. order shipped yet?

• Total voters

Brianna

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Woke up this morning to an email from Apple. My Mac pro is now shipping. This is the day after I called, complained, and got free overnight shipping added to my order. Today is the 10th, but being that it's a Sunday it's actually not going to physically ship until the 11th. That's 10 days sooner than my original quote from the Apple store (by the 21st). It wasn't supposed to arrive until the 27th either, but with free overnight shipping It will be here on the 12th. That's more than two weeks sooner. 15 days early! AHHHHHHH! :p: I'm so excited I could pee. :eek:

Soop53

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
I swore up and down that I would not spend all day checking for a ship notice...yeah, like that is going to happen. So here I am again with hand on mouse...click and refresh.

I would like to thank Mr. Jobs and Apple for allowing me the opportunity to order the flagship machine with a 5 week delivery time. Then, have the warehouses empty before they decide to fill my order. Maybe, I should place my order for the Mac Pro 2010 so I can be placed in the que, have everyone else's orders filled, and then send me one just before they update to 2011.:rolleyes:

I wonder if I will receive a machine that is a collection of all the parts laying around on the floor after the dust settles in the mad dash to fill all the orders over the last couple of days.:mad:

snagitseven

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
I ordered on 1/15 - 2.8 Octo, 500GB, 8800GT, wireless mouse
Ship date 2/22

Same here for me in New England. Nada.
I've been pretty patient but now am beginning to wonder why the large differential in order to ship dates. I finally called Apple and was told the same thing as most everyone else - it's the 8800 card. I explained, while that may have been true intially, lots of folks are now receiving their MP w/8800GT cards now that ordered way after I did. I also pointed out that the build date for the same config has been 7-10 days for the last few days, less than left to my ship date.

She apologized, and gave me $150 off and said she would send a message to the shipping division (well, hmm, ok, thanks....).
I thanked her very much for the nice discount but told her, at this point, getting the darn thing shipped would be really nice too.

(If I keep calling will I get the cost down to like almost nothing)? :rolleyes:

mogrefy

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
Idaho
Woke up this morning to an email from Apple. My Mac pro is now shipping. This is the day after I called, complained, and got free overnight shipping added to my order. Today is the 10th, but being that it's a Sunday it's actually not going to physically ship until the 11th. That's 10 days sooner than my original quote from the Apple store (by the 21st). It wasn't supposed to arrive until the 27th either, but with free overnight shipping It will be here on the 12th. That's more than two weeks sooner. 15 days early! AHHHHHHH! :p: I'm so excited I could pee. :eek:

I've been trying to wait as patiently as possible, but your post is the straw that broke my back, so I had to call Apple this morning to check my order and express my concerns with the "first come first server" process. Like most other people the representative said that it was a parts issue with the BTO. Luckily he upgraded me to the 2-3 day shipping... Old ship date of Feb 27 Delivery by March 4, new Delivery by Feb 29.

Hopefully like you, this "spurrs" them to get the machine out the door faster!!

7r0ub4d0ur

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
prepared for shipment

Checked this morning and my status has changed to prepared for shipment and apple has charged my credit card. Ordered 1/16. The shipping and delivery date remain the same 2/22 and 2/28.

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I would like to thank Mr. Jobs and Apple for allowing me the opportunity to order the flagship machine with a 5 week delivery time. Then, have the warehouses empty before they decide to fill my order. Maybe, I should place my order for the Mac Pro 2010 so I can be placed in the que, have everyone else's orders filled, and then send me one just before they update to 2011.:rolleyes:

You and me both brother. Even when i'd wake up in bed last night and check status from iPhone, nothing. The site was actually down for maintenance, which happens a lot.

Topper

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Problem with this poll

There is one big problem with this poll.
Has your January order shipped yet: yes or no.
Some of the people who said no may now want to change it to yes.
Unfortunately the vote can not be changed.

unclegit

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
Woke up this morning to an order status of "Prepared for shipping"

Order date was 1/15 - so it sounds like apple are chewing through the orders.

Hope everyone gets their workstation soon !

:cool:

obilix

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
Still a NO!!!:mad:

Dude! Don't Panic! It's Sunday! A day of rest, well for most of us.
Let's see what happens tomorrow. It's a super sunny today (in norcal at least)
Get away from the mind altering machine!it's sucking any positive attitude from ya. :D

and you others out there! get out! scoot! vamoosh! enjoy today, lose more hair tomorrow or go grayer like some of us :eek:
nothing will (may?) change today. :(

obilix

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
Woke up this morning to an order status of "Prepared for shipping"

Order date was 1/15 - so it sounds like apple are chewing through the orders.

Hope everyone gets their workstation soon !

:cool:

I was pecking away on my iphone keypad when you were doing your message.
this is good that apple is slugging away on the orders. let us know what day/time FedEx picks up you gear. it'll tell us if they are working through the weekend.

WooHoo! I'm a no longer a newbie! It only took me six years and supreme frustration from apple get to this point :D

Soop53

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
Dude! Don't Panic! It's Sunday! A day of rest, well for most of us.
Let's see what happens tomorrow. It's a super sunny today (in norcal at least)
Get away from the mind altering machine!it's sucking any positive attitude from ya. :D

and you others out there! get out! scoot! vamoosh! enjoy today, lose more hair tomorrow or go grayer like some of us :eek:
nothing will (may?) change today. :(

HeHeHe...ya sound like my wife, now. But both of ya are right. Time ta chill, sip on a Bardstown finest over rocks, and watch some basketball. Too bad Daytona is not on this week. Great race last night.

It is sunny out, wind chill down to almost zero and winds up to 50 mph.

unclegit

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
I was pecking away on my iphone keypad when you were doing your message.
this is good that apple is slugging away on the orders. let us know what day/time FedEx picks up you gear. it'll tell us if they are working through the weekend.

I'm pretty sure they are - when I went to bed last night at 1am Pacific it was still tagged as "Not yet shipped" and I woke up to a prepared for shipment notice.

While I know how frustrating it is to be waiting - it really sounds like they are working 24/7 to get the machines out.

I suspect mine will go out first thing Monday morning with the first fedex pickup.

snagitseven

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
Have you called yet? Has anyone called? What did they say today?

I called today. See my post about 14 posts up.
No word about shipment but did get $150 offered w/o trying for anything. Naturally, I took it. I already had overnight shipping offered when I ordered by telephone on 1/15 and a corporate partner discount.
Lots of discounts.
No computer.
Ship date still 2/22.
I think that's 2008 but can't be certain....

chadosan

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2007
Key West, Florida
Charged my CC - No Status Change

Come on. I've been patient but it is starting to wear thin. They hit my CC on thursday, but my status hasn't changed. I know it's only a matter of time but I am sure getting antsy. This is worse then waiting for christmas as a kid...at least I know I'm getting a kick ass present and not a sweater.

and now back to our regularly scheduled waiting.

Spike Spiegel

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
Massachusetts
Just had my status changed to "Prepared for Shipment"! And I had resigned myself to thinking there would be no change on a Sunday. I hope it does go out tomorrow, and doesn't hover in prepped for shipment limbo like some people's.

snagitseven

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
Just had my status changed to "Prepared for Shipment"! And I had resigned myself to thinking there would be no change on a Sunday. I hope it does go out tomorrow, and doesn't hover in prepped for shipment limbo like some people's.

Spike,

Whereabouts are you in Mass? I'm in Mansfield still waiting for my MP. What was your BTO config and order date?
Mine was stock except 8800, 500gb HD and wireless mouse.

ComeOnDieYoung

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Ordered Jan 19th

Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
2GB (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
320GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

I live in Philadelphia. Ordered with Education Discount.

Going bananas

also in phila, also edu discount same specs...

going bananas cousin ape sh-t

Spike Spiegel

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
Massachusetts
Spike,

Whereabouts are you in Mass? I'm in Mansfield still waiting for my MP. What was your BTO config and order date?
Mine was stock except 8800, 500gb HD and wireless mouse.

I'm in Foxboro(right on the Mansfield line actually). I ordered on Jan 19th, and am getting a stock machine except for the 8800 and a wi-fi card.

mogrefy

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
Idaho
Come on. I've been patient but it is starting to wear thin. They hit my CC on thursday, but my status hasn't changed. I know it's only a matter of time but I am sure getting antsy. This is worse then waiting for christmas as a kid...at least I know I'm getting a kick ass present and not a sweater.

and now back to our regularly scheduled waiting.

They hit my credit card on Thursday as well, and between getting on a flight from San Diego to Cincinnati today between 10am and 4pm, the status changed to Prepared for Shipment!!

Good Luck, Hang In There!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.