Macbook Late 2008: Cases/sleeves available yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacinJosh, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

I'd hate to carry my new MB bare naked. Any sleeves or cases made specifically for this available yet?

Joshua.

2. stanleyBE macrumors member

Any previous gen case will do.
    Dimensions are the same, save 3mm height; you won't notice that at all.

I ordered this one with my new MacBook 2.4GHz: incase neoprene sleeve

3. Clayne macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same. I want it to fit perfectly snug...but I guess it doesn't make sense for companies to make different cases for a laptop that is basically the same, save a fraction of a fraction of an inch...

4. jade macrumors 6502

5. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

SFbags.com (waterfield designs) has a new thinner sleeve out just for the new MB and MBP. They are the only ones I know of that are already making a new thinner MB size sleeve. The new MB is noticeably thinner than the old one and if you are fussy you will find that the incase sleeve for example is not a very tight fit. I tried it. It's passable but not exact.

I just ordered one from sfbags because I want a totally custom fit.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

i want the Incase Hardshell Case for mine, I hope they come out soon!!

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Yes, if you take a look at Apple's Online Store checkout the Notebook Cases Page. When you look near at the bottom of the sidebar at the right, you will see the selections of Notebooks. The first one would be the 13 inch one which would be the correct one, since the one on the bottom says 13 inch MacBook (White or Black).

8. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Yes, if you take a look at Apple's Online Store checkout the Notebook Cases Page. When you look near at the bottom of the sidebar at the right, you will see the selections of Notebooks. The first one would be the 13 inch one which would be the correct one, since the one on the bottom says 13 inch MacBook (White or Black). When I looked at it, the stuff on that page are just the same as last generation ones. The old accessories are completely compatible with the new MacBooks, cause it didn't get any thicker.

9. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

10. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

I bought the Case Logic 13" Black Student Shuttle sleeve from Amazon. There were some other decent ones but this one has the best price at $24.

I can't tell you how it fits, because I ordered it before getting the computer. Just like I also ordered the iRain stand, and the very good value SwissGear notebook backpack for $34.

11. budkid macrumors regular

The macbooks are practically the same. You could just buy the same sleeves as the previous generation. I am not sure about the hard cases...you might want to get the new one for the alu macbooks.

12. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Once again, the new MB is not the same thickness as the old one, it's thinner. Not much, but if you think the old accessories will fit perfectly, they won't. The only reason you don't see accessories for the new MB is time to market.

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I have one of these for my Powerbook 12" and it's fantastic. The cases are very form fitting however, and the current case for the previous MB would be loose fitting. I'm hoping they'll update it for the new MBs.

14. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Except the snap on hard shell cases. I have 1 on my wife's Macbook and it doesn't fit.

15. Clayne macrumors 6502

post here as more companies come out with sleeves and accessories for the new macbooks.

Also, I need a keyboard cloth, that can double as a screen cleaner...I lost the cloth that came with it.:(

16. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

17. jerkjosh macrumors newbie

+1. These look awesome. Getting one for sure.

18. TouchYourHead macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    Just got my new MacBook and I want to buy a sleeve to have my MB put into my backpack.

I know that the old sleeve for MacBook is suitable for the new MacBook to put into, but the new MB is a few mm thinner then the old MB, will that "few mm" make the sleeve provide less protection to the MB?

Thanks;)

19. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Just wait til newer ones come out..

20. PinkHappy macrumors newbie

Me, too! I love that it looks like a potato sack.

21. skyton macrumors 6502

thanks for reminding me about waterfield!
    i had a case for my 15inch PB by them that was amazing quality

will try and get another for the new macbook
    i just hope their international shipping changes have gone down a bit...

22. fk51785 macrumors regular

The sleeves by Incase are great.
    High quality and looks good, but price is kinda high.

23. gdsingh macrumors newbie

I really like the applesac cases, im leaning towards that. Anyone have one that wants to do a quick review?

The alternative would be the incase sleeve.