Macbook Pro Bags, Sleeves, and Cases Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Themegamacman, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Themegamacman, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

Themegamacman macrumors member

This is a thread dedicated to sleeves, bags, and cases for the MacBook Pro. This includes any hard shell cases, sleeves, briefcases, bags, or backpacks. Anything you use to carry it in for protection or style goes. Be sure to post the name of it and a link if you can find one. Pictures are great!

I use a Caselogic PAS-215 Sleeve over a Speck See Thru Hard Shell Satin Case in an old briefcase from my Dad. I also use a Moshi Clearguard since my dog is pretty furry and I hate oily fingerprints.

[​IMG]

2. pat park macrumors 6502a

Incase Sling back pack carries my MBP 13, iPad, chargers, work files + all sorts of little things. pills.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My premium fully equipped MBP, deserves a proper fitting premium case.

Therefore I only use Waterfield cases & sleeves. Made in CA is a plus.

www.sfbags.com

4. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

5. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

Nice everybody! I really want to get a nice wool or leather sleeve and a Muzzetto for my 15" but find that its a lot of money to drop on fancy accessories. I'd feel better putting that towards a nice monitor, mouse, or upgrades. I mean 300 dollars is a lot when I can get by with what I already have which cost me under 100 dollars and works perfectly for me. Maybe once I start using the computer to make real money ill feel more comfortable doing that.

6. jgz macrumors regular

jgz

I would need a decent backpack... Not those huge giga office backpack, just a small one....

I would like this one. Anyone uses it or another model from dakine?

7. kylieooO macrumors newbie

So I was checking out some handbags online and found that satchel, do you reckon its gana be too big?

8. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Too big for...? 13" 15" 17"? I managed to find a fashionland homepage but in order to browse among the products I needed to sign up, and that Im not planning to do, anyway, hard to say since the bag hasnt gotten any kind of measurements on them.

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Sorry, look like big giant manpurses to me. Must be a SF thing :)

I did the other SF version.. http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags/citizen-buckle-bag---medium.html

With the Macbook in a Booq case inside: http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-backpacks-laptop-bags/Vyper-sleeve-hard-laptop-sleeve

----------

I guess I follow a different thought, I paid close to $2k for the laptop, spending a couple hundred to protect it well seems trivial.

10. P0stalTek macrumors 6502

P0stalTek

I understand your logic, but to play devils advocate, does it really protect it better than an ugly, padded Targus laptop bag for $50?

11. mrbom, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  12. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

i just got this yesterday in the post, WOW it is cool.

incase are quite expensive, especially for me, i had to pay $30 shipping and £30 import tax.

13. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Nice find, I like the plaid version. I haven't seen anyone mention these yet though and haven't used one myself. Might just jump on the opportunity to order one though.

14. Sammi :) macrumors member

I use a black Speck SeeThru Satin case for my 13". I used to have the clear one but I didn't like how shiny it was and I thought it made my MacBook look cheap. I much prefer the black one because it covers a little dent I've got and as they say, out of sight, out of mind. :) I really like the feel of these satin ones too.

When I need to take my MacBook somewhere I use this wool sleeve that my mum kindly made me for my birthday. I love it, especially the little anchor buttons:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Perplexe macrumors newbie

The One and Only

I needed a Case for macbook pro, thus i decided to make my own. Here are a few pics. There are two individual slots, the back one with the suede lining is padded thus protecting the computer.

Attached Files:

16. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

American Eagle Campus Messenger bag with removable laptop sleeve

campus messenger.jpg

17. jacob-07 macrumors regular

18. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

19. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Considering I commute into work in downtown DC on a bike? You try carrying that Targus case at 15-20mph in traffic pedaling your behind off :)

I've fallen and landed on it with no adverse effects to the machine, so I'd have to definitively say yes.

----------

Nice work!

20. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

I use an InCase nylon backpack for school, and an InCase sleeve the rest of the time:cool:

21. Ves macrumors member

Ves

Wow, your mother does amazing work. She should sell them

22. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

Targus laptop bag > man purse.

and yes even if folks insist its a satchel. its a purse.