Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What size screen MacBook Pro (2021) did you order?

• Total voters

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Well, my delivery date has suddenly changed from Nov 19-25 to Jan 5-12! Pretty terrible and I'm quite disappointed. Ordered morning of Oct 19. Not cool at all...🥲
How did you configure your MBP order? All these delayed shipments suck. I wonder if Apple grossly underestimate the demand - for MacBook Pro's, iPhone 13, etc. Shipping delays and customs clearing difficulties are not helping. I don't think all this can be blamed on chip shortages.

Apple's way of notifying purchasers of delayed shipping dates is very uncouth.

Hope you get better news soon.

ArmpitoftheGian

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
How did you configure your MBP order? All these delayed shipments suck. I wonder if Apple grossly underestimate the demand - for MacBook Pro's, iPhone 13, etc. Shipping delays and customs clearing difficulties are not helping. I don't think all this can be blamed on chip shortages.

Apple's way of notifying purchasers of delayed shipping dates is very uncouth.

Hope you get better news soon.

Top of the line 16"; Max 64GB, 4TB. I e-mailed Apple about it, we'll see if they respond but I doubt it'll change anything.

To add to the misery, looking at the store today, the estimated shipping date for new orders is almost the same. January. for the exact same config Mine was ordered the morning of Oct 19th! Very very disappointing. Makes me want to cancel and wait for next year's revision.

Last edited:

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Keep the faith. That’s my config as well, ordered it within the first couple minutes on the Oct. 18 and it finally shipped Friday. FedEx actually picked up or received it saturday, took a bit to clear customs and leave Shanghai. It’s in Shennan-Shi Japan today. I’m supposed to have it in my hands on Friday.
i hope mine leaves china soon

Reactions: Appleguy84
FINALLY IT GOT OUT OF CHINA!!!

UPS delivery estimate updated (they were saying tomorrow while it was stuck in China for a week) to Monday!!

11/17/2021
7:30 P.M.
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
11/17/2021
5:15 P.M.
Departed from Facility
ZhengZhou, China
Yay! Happy and safe travels! The hardest part is getting out of China. After that, it goes smooth :) before you know it it’ll be at your doorsteps.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I just hoped I could of got mine tomorrow - when I first ordered it said Nov 18 to Nov. 26, and Nov. 18 is tomorrow and it just shipped like Monday or Tuesday this week and still waiting for it to get out of China

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Same here pallet buddy!
FINALLY IT GOT OUT OF CHINA!!!

UPS delivery estimate updated (they were saying tomorrow while it was stuck in China for a week) to Monday!!

11/17/2021
7:30 P.M.
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
11/17/2021
5:15 P.M.
Departed from Facility
ZhengZhou, China
Alas mine is still stuck in purgatory. ? And there’s a snow storm expected for the first part of next week—which wouldn’t be a problem for FedEx but this is UPS (Useless Parcel Service). I just wish I had been given the option for the MBP to be shipped to the nearest Apple Store (3 hours away); would have been better than dealing directly with UPS.

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Noooo my macbook was finally supposed to be delivered on Monday but never showed up. UPS said it's probably lost so now I have to wait for Apple to do their investigation and send me a new one
That sucks. ? But it illustrates what I’ve been saying all week. Apple should stick to shipping with FedEx, particularly for high end, expensive devices.

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2011
I have tried and tried to find this out..But I’m wondering what the consensus is. Are orders being shipped out sooner, or delayed? Ordered mine on Nov 4th. I also assume it depends on specs. I’m praying mine ships out early LOL. Pipe dreams.

I got my ups tracking number😁🥳🤞🏼 Hopefully it’s smooth sailing.

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
11/16/2021 9:38 PM
Ahhh! One step closer. Hopefully tracking # will be updated throughout the day. Would be nice if you get it before thanksgiving :)

Reactions: beach bum

orangesauce

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008
My guess is because developers were disinterested in making use of it. It comes across as a gimmick, as mentioned above, but mostly because it was hardly utilized for anything truly productive. As a developer myself I completely loathed two things about the TouchBar; 1> already mentioned, other devs not capitalizing on it. If I were doing Mac Apps, I would have been all over it. 2> They took away my physical F keys and ESC key. WTF? Apple began waging a silent war on the Escape key a few years back and I’m not sure just what their deal is. Too many apps use it far too regularly. That’s my most hated thing about the iPad Pro that I spend hours and hours on. No Escape, so now CMD+~ is embedded in my muscle memory.

Anyway, Apple themselves didn’t seem fully willing to commit to TouchBar. In order for it to succeed they needed it on all their notebooks, not just the Pros and they needed it on their iMac keyboards as well, specifically the iMac Pro. And when their own apps fail to use it for any real function where it would be obvious, well… they killed it.
I have mixed feelings about the touch bar. Access to emojis and A/V controls was really helpful and I don't think there's a better way to manage that stuff. As a developer, getting used to "Shift-F2" to rename whatever is selected took a lot of work – first because the apps weren't ready for touch bar and I had to turn on virtual function keys; later because there was no tactile way to find the new virtual key (it was verbosely called "rename symbol" or some such). Even after a year of using the app with TB support, I still had to read every label to find what I was looking for, and continuing to break whatever stream of consciousness I had going on.

The escape key was another thing tho. There was an epoch of marvel where web developers were able to ignore the marketing ghouls and leave the escape key wired to dismiss web popups. So surfing was often punctuated with an escape key and the popups were less of an annoyance. The physical escape key returned just as this trend ended, but escape is still an important key and being able to reliably find it by feel was difficult on the touch bar (one had to tap TB right in the center of the virtual escape key to get it to accept).

Generally, Apple should allow people to choose which keyboard they want. I think I would have picked my 2019 keyboard if it was still available and I might have even paid extra for it. Muscle memory for my old function key combos is long gone, so why lose all the other benefits for everything else?

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
Ordered 10/22
14"/10/16/16/32GB RAM/2TB
Delivery date hasn't budged since original order date: Dec 1-8
Wow just received my shipment notification! Due for delivery Nov 24! Interesting thing is mine is shipping via DHL... I'm in Southern California. They typically ship via UPS for me.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.