Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonheimbuchner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Hey,

Just got the new Macbook Pro 15", July 2018.
I still got the Apple Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard from my late 2013 iMac, and I noticed the connection is kinda twitchy.
Battery for both is almost 100%, yet they behave like they're almost out of battery – randomly disconnecting and reconnecting all over the place, sometimes once a minute or so. This has been going on for about two days and drives me insane.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Simon

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I still got the Apple Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard from my late 2013 iMac, and I noticed the connection is kinda twitchy.

You can try moving your laptop around. In the past when I've had BT connectivity issues, they were sometimes caused by interference and would work better if my MBP was positioned differently in relation to the device. I always found that my BT devices that used a USB nub were more reliable than ones that had to connect directly to the MBP.

Reactions: simonheimbuchner

rxpxn

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
I’ve had exactly the same issue. i9 2018. Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard first gen keep freezing up. Only way to get them back is to turn them off and back on.

Came from a 2017 mbp and never had this issue.

Hopefully another fix to come.

Reactions: simonheimbuchner

simonheimbuchner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for your answers!
After deleting the devices in my Bluetooth menu and reconnecting them, both the Mouse and the Keyboard started working reliably again, for half an hour or so. After that, they spontaneously and randomly started doing their little disconnecting and reconnecting thing again, tho now way more rarely.
I'll try the MacBook nudging thing that smirking hinted, maybe I'll follow back with another reply if that proves successful.

bab5139

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
I have the same problem with my logitech mouse. It skips and jumps all over the place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.