macOS 10.12 Sierra Unsupported Macs Thread

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by redheeler, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. TimothyR734 macrumors 68000

TimothyR734

If you have the High Sierra patcher you can install HS over it it should over write the patches just don't apply the post install patches

2. StrangeLoopy macrumors newbie

StrangeLoopy

Hi, I had asked what I think is the same question after I migrated my SSD contents to a new machine.

(my question:)

With deep thanks to dosdude1 and others, I was able to keep my early-2008 MacBook Pro running through High Sierra. I decided that 10 years was enough, and jumped ship to a new MBP, migrating successfully using the Time Machine from the old unit.

All is well, except I occasionally get Patch Updater popping up to say that "New patch updates are available for this model. (Night Shift Patch)", which I clearly don't need anymore. How do I stop this? Is there a way to remove Night Shift Patch so it isn't checked? Or can I just uninstall/delete Patch Updater from Applications/Utilities? (it's only for the "unsupported Macs" feature, right?)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

(answer:)

Yep remove the Patch Updater app from Applications/ Utilities, and also remove the com.dosdude1.Patchupdater.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents. Restart your Mac and see if you keep getting prompted.

Here is a link to the answer (I hope this is helpful):
    https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ed-macs-thread.2121473/page-486#post-27103953

3. FarmerBob macrumors regular

FarmerBob

You're probably going to have to do a clean install and migrate during the install. That's what I would do and have . . .

4. Lubidubi, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019

Lubidubi macrumors newbie

Thanks!

the macbook pro boot's without a problem but got a message that SIP is enabled. Might be from the agent which is running.
    Found a script somewhere in here from dos1dude. It's for the high sierra patcher but I could use it anyway. Just deleted the sierra patcher manually in utilties folder.
    After rebooting there was no SIP message anymore. :)

#!/bin/sh
    sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/SIPManager.kext
    sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext
    sudo rm /Library/LaunchAgents/com.dosdude1.PatchUpdater.plist
    sudo rm /Library/LaunchAgents/com.dd1.SIPLD.plist
    sudo rm /usr/local/sbin/SIPLD
    sudo rm -R "/Applications/Utilities/Patch Updater.app"
    sudo rm -R "/Library/Application Support/High Sierra Patcher"
    sudo kextcache -system-caches
    sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    echo "\n\nAll High Sierra Patcher components have been removed. Please reboot your machine.\n\n"

Thanks a lot to dos1dude! It greatly extended the life of my MBP 15 2009. I had to move on to a faster machine.
    But I'm going to install High Sierra and give it someone who can use it for a couple years, it's still in great condition after 10 years! Even the battery :)

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.