Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jasoncarle

Suspended
Jan 13, 2006
Minnesota
Mac mini 5.1 2011, did a clean install using the dosdude1 patcher, applied patches, only other mod is the APFS Recovery mode script and enabled Continuity with CAT. My bluetooth has once stopped working to the point I had to do a hard restart by pressing and holding the power button, and other times disconnects for a short period of time before reconnecting automatically.

Is this a conveniently timed hardware problem or is there a software problem cropping up?

alphascorp

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2018
Brest, France
Tried to install the backlight control patch on an iMac 8,1. After rebooting, the OS generated a KP. Result was the same under 10.14.4, beta 5 and 10.14.5, beta 1.
Copy of the messages in the terminal window is attached, but there is no clear indication where the problem lies. Should command be executed as root?
The iMac dual boots into Mojave and El Capitan, the most recent OS version.
On the positive side, the restore from Time Machine worked without problems.

Hello @iMac-Oldschool
I also have an iMac 8.1 and I had problems with the backlight control and F1 and F2 keys that did not work see message #15087 but I found the solution: on iMac 8,1 you should not replaced 3 files otherwise KP
but
only replace the file "DisplayServices.framework" contained in "bkltpatch10.14.2" in /S/L/ PrivateFrameworks (and repaired the permissions) see message #15299.

If you did the installation of the patch with "install.sh" it made a Backup of 4 files in ~/Bklt_Backup
Restarts on an external disk and put back in place:
"AppleBacklight.kext" and "AppleBacklightExpert.kext" in/System/Library/Extensions/
"AGDCBacklightControl.kext" in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
And repair permissions with Terminal from the external drive:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightExpert.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightExpert.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/NameOfYourMojaveDisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext

Otherwise you reinstall Mojave from a USB stick and you execute "install.sh" of the .zip file that I attached.
CAUTION USE ONLY ON iMAC 8,1

As you restore with time machine you must be able to start with Mojave isn't it? run "install.sh" from the .zip file that I attached.

Attachments

• bkltpatch10.14.5_ONLY_FOR_iMac8,1.zip
    83.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Anyone know how to download the full installer for 10.14.3? (the second update that fixes the facetime bug). 10.14.5 even on a clean install makes my trackpad lag/stutter so it's too annoying

(I currently install 10.14.2 and update to 10.14.3 using the supplmental) but it gets tedious

EDIT: looks like the lag gets triggered by safari most often. Exiting it and using chrome seems to be ok

Last edited:
Reactions: olad and K two

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland
Just installed the supplemental update on my 10.14.5 disk. Applied the 1.3.2 post install patches (would boot+login without it but veery slowly), with force cache rebuild.
All seems fine so far.

(EDIT: Arduino needs the replacement of AppleUSBACM of course.
No. Turns out that the right version (98kB in size) is already in place in /S*/L*/E*.
Yet no access to Arduino - checking further.
No. Works in fact, see later post #15545)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-22 um 20.59.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-22 um 20.59.38.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

axforts

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
Hey everyone,

Need some help:

I installed the patcher an older device (MacBook Pro 7,1) which was running Mojave (patched) just fine until yesterday, The device was updated to the most recent version of Mojave 10.14.5 via app store and this broke the machine (large NO symbol) on boot.

I tried creating a new patched install disk, and simply running the post install patches, and forcing a cache rebuild, but no matter what we have tried, still encountering the large NO symbol.

Is there anything further we can try short of a reinstall and restore? i dont have a backuo within the last week :(

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

Need some help:

I installed the patcher an older device (MacBook Pro 7,1) which was running Mojave (patched) just fine until yesterday, The device was updated to the most recent version of Mojave 10.14.5 via app store and this broke the machine (large NO symbol) on boot.

I tried creating a new patched install disk, and simply running the post install patches, and forcing a cache rebuild, but no matter what we have tried, still encountering the large NO symbol.

Is there anything further we can try short of a reinstall and restore? i dont have a backuo within the last week :(
Just reinstall without erasing first, it will keep your user data.

alphascorp

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2018
Brest, France
Anyone know how to download the full installer for 10.14.3? (the second update that fixes the facetime bug). 10.14.5 even on a clean install makes my trackpad lag/stutter so it's too annoying

(I currently install 10.14.2 and update to 10.14.3 using the supplmental) but it gets tedious

Hi
I do not know if it's "Install macOS Mojave.app" but try these links for Torrents.
When .3 was released I downloaded it directly from the App Store and kept it on an external drive.

https://mac-torrent-download.net/macos-mojave-10-14-3-18d42/

https://www.torrentmac.net/macos-mojave-10-14-3-18d42/

https://download-mac-torrent.ru/en-n-2345-macos-mojave-10143-18d42.html

Last edited:

nerlins

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2019
I have 2011 MBP 8,2 patched to 10.14.5. I am now receiving a 2018 Macbook Update notification for the T2 chip. I obviously don't have a T2 chip. How to I remove this update from ever appearing? Or should I just let it install so it quits showing up in Software Update? And...would installing it do damage to my stable Mojave? I tried searching this thread for the same question but couldn't find anything.

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
And then reinstall the patches?
Yep.
[doublepost=1558556306][/doublepost]
Hi
I do not know if it's "Install macOS Mojave.app" but try these links for Torrents.
When .3 was released I downloaded it directly from the App Store and kept it on an external drive.

https://mac-torrent-download.net/macos-mojave-10-14-3-18d42/

https://www.torrentmac.net/macos-mojave-10-14-3-18d42/

https://download-mac-torrent.ru/en-n-2345-macos-mojave-10143-18d42.html
I added @saudor to a private message with the official zip link that I uploaded.

jasoncarle

Suspended
Jan 13, 2006
Minnesota
Why is Apple suggesting an update for the firmware of a T2 chip equipped MacBook Pro for my 2011 mini? lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.20.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.20.43 PM.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 223

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Hey everyone,

Need some help:

reinstall but make sure your SIP is disabled :)

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Hi

l

yeah i see those floating around but it's the old build and not the 18D109 which is the 2nd update released on feb 7

Reactions: K two

axforts

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
Yep.
[doublepost=1558556306][/doublepost]
I added @saudor to a private message with the official zip link that I uploaded.

Tried that and it didn’t work :/ reinstalled over the drive, then ran the patch installer again and still stop sign

reinstall but make sure your SIP is disabled :)

Can you explain the steps for this more? And is this a temporary thing to do?

EDIT: i didnt have to disable SIP in order to install mojave the last time I did as well just in case that makes a difference

Double checked and it’s the most recent mojave and the most recent dosdude patch. No idea what else to try :(

Last edited:

alphascorp

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2018
Brest, France
yeah i see those floating around but it's the old build and not the 18D109 which is the 2nd update released on feb 7

Here is the official link for "macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Supplemental Update" (18D109):

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1993?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The (18D109) is a supplemental update not a complete installation.
In addition, many of us could not install this update directly without modifying the installation package. For that you can follow this detailed procedure:

Move "macOSUpd10.14.3Supplemental.pkg" file to the desktop
Open Terminal and writes this:

cd ~/Desktop

Press enter

pkgutil --expand macOSUpd10.14.3Supplemental.pkg NewFolder

Press enter

Wait a few minutes
Go to the "NewFolder" folder created on your desktop and open the "Distribution" file with a text editor

Add: return true;
at the end of this line: function InstallationCheck(prefix) {

Like this:
function InstallationCheck(prefix) {return true;

at the end of this line: function VolumeCheck(prefix) {

Like this: function VolumeCheck(prefix) {return true;

Save the file

If you have not closed the terminal, write or simply copy this:

pkgutil --flatten NewFolder macOSUpd10.14.3SupplementalModified.pkg

Press enter and wait a few minutes for the package to re-create
Once the operation is completed, launch the file "macOSUpd10.14.3SupplementalModified.pkg"

But if you closed the terminal, re-open it and writes this:

cd ~/Desktop

Press enter

Once the operation is completed, launch the file "macOSUpd10.14.3SupplementalModified.pkg"

Be careful if you have several OS on more disks/partitions in your mac because these modifications make it possible to install this update on any OS disk/partition.

AT THE BEGINNING OF THE INSTALLATION BE CAREFUL TO CHOOSE THE DISK/PARTITION OF MOJAVE AND NO OTHER.

Last edited:

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Tried that and it didn’t work :/ reinstalled over the drive, then ran the patch installer again and still stop sign

Can you explain the steps for this more? And is this a temporary thing to do?

EDIT: i didnt have to disable SIP in order to install mojave the last time I did as well just in case that makes a difference

Double checked and it’s the most recent mojave and the most recent dosdude patch. No idea what else to try :(
boot into your macOS Mojave patcher go into your terminal enter csrutil status that should tell you if it is enabled or disabled if it is enabled type in csrutil disable then reboot

16v

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2018
Dont know how to say:

But since mojave my letters are... cloudy, blurry, not sharp...???

Any ideas?
Mbp 5.4
c0100efb75e6df17a3141a6e632a14dc.jpg

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Here is the official link for "macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Supplemental Update" (18D109):

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1993?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The (18D109) is a supplemental update not a complete installation.
In addition, many of us could not install this update directly without modifying the installation package. For that you can follow this detailed procedure:

Move "macOSUpd10.14.3Supplemental.pkg" file to the desktop
Open Terminal and writes this:

cd ~/Desktop

Press enter

pkgutil --expand macOSUpd10.14.3Supplemental.pkg NewFolder

Press enter

Wait a few minutes
Go to the "NewFolder" folder created on your desktop and open the "Distribution" file with a text editor

at the end of this line: function InstallationCheck(prefix) {

Like this:
function InstallationCheck(prefix) {return true;

at the end of this line: function VolumeCheck(prefix) {

Like this: function VolumeCheck(prefix) {return true;

Save the file

If you have not closed the terminal, write or simply copy this:

But if you closed the terminal, re-open it and writes this:

cd ~/Desktop

Press enter

Be careful if you have several OS on more disks/partitions in your mac because these modifications make it possible to install this update on any OS disk/partition.

AT THE BEGINNING OF THE INSTALLATION BE CAREFUL TO CHOOSE THE DISK/PARTITION OF MOJAVE AND NO OTHER.

Yeah, this is what ive been doing but it's getting tedious to run this update every time i try out .5 and then have to go back to .3 again (i only have the original build installer app) - hence the search for the .3 install.app that already has this update embedded in (unless this version was never released to the mac app store as a install.app)

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Dont know how to say:

Any ideas?
Mbp 5.4
You could download onyX go to parameters then misc tab apple the font smoothing for non-retina displays to go to post 15466 click on the link and install the hybrid patches
[doublepost=1558570745][/doublepost]
Yeah, this is what ive been doing but it's getting tedious to run this update every time i try out .5 and then have to go back to .3 again (i only have the original build installer app) - hence the search for the .3 install.app that already has this update embedded in (unless this version was never released to the mac app store as a install.app)
Are you using the lates macOS Mojave patcher 1.3.2 it should download 10.14.5

Reactions: 16v

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
You could download onyX go to parameters then misc tab apple the font smoothing for non-retina displays to go to post 15466 click on the link and install the hybrid patches
[doublepost=1558570745][/doublepost]
Are you using the lates macOS Mojave patcher 1.3.2 it should download 10.14.5

10.14.5 doesnt work on my 2010 15” MBP. The trackpad and mouse cursors both randomly lag/stick/stutter especially when safari is open (has the ublock origin installed) or under high CPU conditions. Did a clean install and same result. It’s like the USB bandwidth is completely saturated or something

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
10.14.5 doesnt work on my 2010 15” MBP. The trackpad and mouse cursors both randomly lag/stick/stutter especially when safari is open (has the ublock origin installed) or under high CPU conditions. Did a clean install and same result. It’s like the USB bandwidth is completely saturated or something
what is your video card in your MacBook Pro it almost sounds like you don't have graphics acceleration

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
Dont know how to say:

Any ideas?
Mbp 5.4
Try this, and reboot.
Code:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool false

Unfortunately, a few apps like VLC and Hopper Disassembler end up weird-looking because of this. Re-enable for a given app with:
Code:
defaults write com.app.name CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool true

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.