Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

visberry

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
Has anyone got some kernel panic logs for Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (mid 2010) or any other Core 2 Duo machines, this could help us determine the cause of the kernel panics, @dosdude1

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Has anyone got some kernel panic logs for Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (mid 2010) or any other Core 2 Duo machines, this could help us determine the cause of the kernel panics, @dosdude1
I've gotten a ton, but they literally give NO info on what's causing the issue. Always a random last loaded process, and the usual list of loaded kernel extensions. Nothing more.

L Caputo

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
Yes Julian, thank you. I already get the successful installation on my Mac. I just was telling to the others what happened in my case.
[doublepost=1530818660][/doublepost]
A big hello my friend!
We will win this cup if Neymar stop to pretend during the games. And of course, if we win Belgium tomorrow. LoL
Oh dear god please Brazil win, we can't possibly have England win, they will never shut up about it, they keep reminding us at any opportunity that they won in 1966, 52 flipping years ago.

visberry

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
I've gotten a ton, but they literally give NO info on what's causing the issue. Always a random last loaded process, and the usual list of loaded kernel extensions. Nothing more.
Would we be able to strip all the kexts and slowly add them back in until we find the culprit?

retiarius

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2003
Hi dosdude1,

[....]
After this, my MacBook boot with QE but messed up into Kernel Panic after about a minute.

To fix this:

Download and run the
Now I run Mojave stable on my lovely MacBook 15" Mid 2010.

[....]

Best regard

The Ex-Brain
_____
These kernel panics are also quite noticeable on a MacBookPro6,1 17" mid-2010.
Is the procedure alluded to using the discrete GPU disabler reversible (in case the kexts or 10.14 itself gets better)? If so, how?

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Would we be able to strip all the kexts and slowly add them back in until we find the culprit?
Already tried something similar, I copied all the kexts from the installer (which WILL boot just fine) into a full OS, set perms as necessary and rebuilt kextcache, and it still did the same thing. This indicates it's some userland framework causing the issue, finding which ones is going to be quite difficult.

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
[QUOTE = "G5-PowerLifter, post: 26215787, member: 1069294"] Come on guys stop speaking south american [/ QUOTE]

That's alright. Gave me a chance to turn on the option of "translation" on Chrome.
It did work, although I am not sure if the translation was accurate or not. Looks like it was.

Mahalo (Hawaiian for Thank You)

Last edited:

Aletancredo

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2018
So, light mode grey bar and menu borders glitch both are still in beta3? Too bad...
as many of us want macOS 10.14 Mojave only for dark mode, maybe it is possible to port this to High Sierra with some kind of patch? I am good on High Sierra. Do not want to use 10.14 with minor but still graphical glitches on my i7 13" 2011 mbp.
[doublepost=1530774385][/doublepost]use

use sound kext from macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Hi Thanks could you show me how to use sound kext?

Starplayr

Cancelled
Jun 13, 2018
With them
Already tried something similar, I copied all the kexts from the installer (which WILL boot just fine) into a full OS, set perms as necessary and rebuilt kextcache, and it still did the same thing. This indicates it's some userland framework causing the issue, finding which ones is going to be quite difficult.

I have the same feeling it’s a framework. Guess we could start with the install or recovery disk frameworks and see how many are left.

I agree it will be painstaking and will take awhile.

Maybe if we list all of the possible frameworks thst it could be we could get a group of people to work on it. Help carry the load.

gugadj

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2018
Ah mais uma coisa. Uma vez copiado e instalado o Mojave, você não conseguirá dar downgrade no sistema, somente conseguirá se deletar todo o conteúdo do disco e formatá-lo. Eu tentei instalar o High Sierra na mesma partição após o upgrade e recebe uma mensagem que o downgrade é impossível.

One more thing. Once copied and installed the Mojave, you cannot give downgrade on the system, you only can do it if you delete all the content of the disk and format it. I tried to install the High Sierra in the same partition after the upgrade and received a message that the downgrade it is impossible.

Eu instalei em duas partições distintas em um mesmo SSD. Meu SSD de 500Gb eu criei uma partição a qual eu dei o nome de TESTE com 100 Gb e instalei nela. Enquanto minha outra partição ficou com o High Sierra instalado.
I installed in two distinct partitions in the same SSD. My SSD has 500 Gb, I created a partition in which I give the name of TEST with 100 Gb and installed Mojave on it. While my other partition has the High Sierra installed on it.

Ola boa noite fiz toda instalacao mas em APFS nao funciona somente em mac os extended procede isso desde ja muito obrigado

Hello good night I did all installation but in APFS it does not work only on mac the extended proceed this way already thank you very much

Aletancredo

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2018
So I finally found a working AppleHDA.kext (version 280.12 from 10.13.2) that gives sound output and mic input on MBA 4,1 (and as I understood @dosdude1 on many other systems). No voodoo any more ;-)
Hello I have the same Mac model I am running macos Mojave so the sound is not working. I tried many options but the problem persists. Could you help me please? Thanks

stormxeron

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
I have the same feeling it’s a framework.......
Well, I found that these frameworks are intertwined and has lot of new dependencies....and, yeah finding the culprit/culprits will be difficult.
Just to lower the list, I think someone needs to concentrate on frameworks that are on Mojave but not in HS....but that list alone I think is large...Just a thought

Last edited:
Reactions: Starplayr

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just tried to update my Early 2011 15 inch MacBook Pro to Mojave using the Patcher tool. I followed all the directions pretty closely and the installation process seemed to go by without a hitch. But at the very end of the process, after my computer Restarted, I got the No Exit symbol upon startup. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I do have a Time Machine backup so it's not really the end of the world, plus this laptop is not my daily driver. However, I would like to fix the problem and get Mojave running on this machine. Any help?

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
I just tried to update my Early 2011 15 inch MacBook Pro to Mojave using the Patcher tool. I followed all the directions pretty closely and the installation process seemed to go by without a hitch. But at the very end of the process, after my computer Restarted, I got the No Exit symbol upon startup. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I do have a Time Machine backup so it's not really the end of the world, plus this laptop is not my daily driver. However, I would like to fix the problem and get Mojave running on this machine. Any help?
Did you run the post-install patch?

iphone2g&3gfan

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
Orlando, Florida
My understanding was that flash is gone from Chrome but I installed and enabled anyway. Videos aren't running. They run in Safari fine but I prefer Chrome and Chrome will not run embedded videos at all from any site.
[doublepost=1530805217][/doublepost]

Latest version of Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Mojave Beta :10.14 Beta (18A314k)
Try installing the latest "trunk" build of Chromium, which likely has already been fixed for Mojave:
https://chromium.woolyss.com/

click on the top one, where "Installer" is highlighted in blue.

If it works (fixes were in fact implemented), then you can expect those fixes to make it "downstream" into Chrome stable in about 1-2 months. (!) No wonder it doesn't work on Chrome stable/Official Build...

Chromium is super extra incredibly bleeding edge and lacks the "Widevine" DRM monster (no netflix, hulu), "Pepper" Flash (so no adobe flash/shockwave) and any other proprietary code/codecs like h.264, so it will play Youtube perfectly fine (if it has been fixed for Mojave) but some other websites will break. Youtube by default uses VP9, so it is unaffected by the uninclusion of proprietary codecs.

It does not auto-update. Chrome Canary is a few days behind, so test Chromium first.
[doublepost=1530847521][/doublepost]
Well, I found that these frameworks are intertwined and has lot of new dependencies....and, yeah finding the culprit/culprits will be difficult.
Just to lower the list, I think someone needs to concentrate on frameworks that are on Mojave but not in HS....but that list alone I think is large...Just a thought

You betcha, just do a

find /System/Library/Frameworks -name '*.framework' and a
find /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks -name '*.framework'

on both HS and Mojave and then run a diff between the two output file lists.

(the -name is to find nested frameworks within another one, so to get a complete list)

Attachments on DP1 are broken for me, and I haven't yet updated, so if someone could run those commands on Mojave and High Sierra and /usr/bin/diff the two outputs and post that, it would be a great help.

Last edited:
Reactions: stormxeron

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Did you run the post-install patch?

Yes, I did... after seeing the No Exit symbol I had to force Shut Down, and held down Option whilst the computer restarted. Then I clicked on the Post Install patch and ran it. After it installed a few things, a Reboot button popped up and then I clicked on that. The computer restarted but I'm still seeing the No Exit symbol :(

Last edited:

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Yes, I did... after seeing the No Exit symbol I had to force Shut Down, and held down Option whilst the computer restarted. Then I clicked on the Post Install patch and ran it. After it installed a few things, a Reboot button popped up and then I clicked on that. The computer restarted but I'm still seeing the No Exit symbol :(
Ah, you probably installed to an APFS partition... I still need to modify the tool to properly patch that. In the meantime, you can either erase and install to an HFS formatted volume, or just run the following in Terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args=-no_compat_check

(leave off sudo if running from the installer drive or singleuser mode.)

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ah, you probably installed to an APFS partition... I still need to modify the tool to properly patch that.

Yes, it was installed to an APFS drive. Followed your instructions (erase and install) and now at least I can boot up properly without the No Exit sign, thank you! I am getting some glitches, where the graphics 'ripple' in instead of automatically appearing. Is this expected behavior? Or is there a way to fix that? Should I run the Post Install patch?

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Yes, it was installed to an APFS drive. Followed your instructions (erase and install) and now at least I can boot up properly without the No Exit sign, thank you! I am getting some glitches, where the graphics 'ripple' in instead of automatically appearing. Is this expected behavior? Or is there a way to fix that? Should I run the Post Install patch?
You have an AMD GPU, and as stated in the OP, acceleration doesn't work on those yet. That's what happens in OS X when you have no video acceleration.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You have an AMD GPU, and as stated in the OP, acceleration doesn't work on those yet. That's what happens in OS X when you have no video acceleration.

Right, I ran the Post Install patch and at least I'm not seeing the ripple effect anymore, that's cool.. THANK YOU so much for helping with the installation by the way! I'm typing this reply on my MBP right now :)

visberry

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
At least that is progress? So how again did you boot into the OS, I want to get this done! I have weeks free, so I can get some things done

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
At least that is progress? So how again did you boot into the OS, I want to get this done! I have weeks free, so I can get some things done
I believe you misunderstood. By "it still did the same thing", he means that it still crashes. I've tried the same.
Also done some screwing around with disabling different LaunchDaemons. No progress yet. But I agree with @dosdude1 that it's not kext-related.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
At least that is progress?

Yup! At least my machine is running :)

So how again did you boot into the OS, I want to get this done!

The problem in the beginning was that my System Drive was formatted to the AFPS format. I did an Erase and Install to the the Mac OS Journaled HFS format. Then I was able to reinstall Mojave correctly. After that, I ran the Post Install patcher for good measure because I was seeing some graphic glitches.. now those glitches are gone. There is a very slight lag graphic wise throughout the entire system, but it's expected since my machine is non-Metal.

reperok95

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2018
Hi
Experimented with Mojave Patcher.
I'm trying to get a GeForce GTX 260.

Also copied a file about which parrotgeek1 wrote - /System/Library/Frameworks/coredisplay.frameworkfrom 10.14 beta 1.
The result is identical.

I tried all patches of models in Mojave Patcher.
For patches under imac11.2, imac11.3, imac12.1, macbookair4.1, macbookair4.2, macbookpro6.1, macbookpro6.2, macmini5.1, macmini5.2, macmini5.3 - the result is bad.
Unless on patches from laptops that were started both monitors, but the second monitor went duplicating.

For patches under imac11.1, imac12.2, macbookpro8.1-8.3, macpro4.1 - the most successful result at the moment:
namely to define 2 monitors, the resolution on the second monitor is also identical, on the first 1024x720;
and only on these patches after the login screen allows to log into the system, but after almost complete initialization of the system hangs tightly, also the top bar menu as if it is not active and darkened.

Also I want to note that the system runs without any correct drivers and everything works there, only friezes and artifacts.
NVDANV50HalTesla is loaded without errors, only as I understood the identification of the NDRVShim load can not be determined.

My system Hackintosh - identify imac11,1.
Intel i5-750 3Ghz (Overlocking)
GeForce GTX 260
MSI P55-CD53
SSD Kingston 240GB

Successfully run macOS 10.13.5.

Help me, please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.