Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Dilli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Only Google Chrome Desktop Icon on clicking does not launch the app after 10.15.6 update. All rest of apps working. After error report followed by couple of clicks the app launches. However, after reboot again the same issue is there.
Do I need to use following terminal cmd.

sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1

Pls confirm. Tks

Arnold2018

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2018
After the last upgrade of Keynote under 10.15.6. I cant use any animation effect. I see only rolling round cursor. Any idea how to return functionality?

Reactions: TimothyR734

pyedog

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2020
Only Google Chrome Desktop Icon on clicking does not launch the app after 10.15.6 update. All rest of apps working. After error report followed by couple of clicks the app launches. However, after reboot again the same issue is there.
Do I need to use following terminal cmd.

sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1

Pls confirm. Tks
It worked for me. The alternative is to run
sudo open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app
every time you restart or update Chrome. Once you run it Chrome will restart without problems until you reboot or update Chrome.

Good Luck!

quaccOS

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2020
For those in the same boat: I have been able to get my Safari extensions enabled without having to go the complex and time-consuming route of first installing a pre 10.15.3 Catalina, enabling the extensions and then updating to 10.15.5.

I'v managed to get the Safari version from 10.5.0 running on 10.15.5, by replacing /Applications/Safari.app and the Safari*.framework directories in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. I have extracted these files from a 10.15.0 installer using Pacifist. Short manual:

Be careful, this requires some knowledge and insights in the working of .pkg packages. But all in all it can be done in a few minutes, when you have the necessary files ar your disposal.

- Extract /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari*.framework en /System/Applications/Safari.app from the 10.5.0 installer using Pacifist
- Make sure the system partition is mounted writable (sudo mount -UW /)
- Backup /Applications/Safari.app and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari*.framework.
- Replace /Applications/Safari.app and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari*.framework with the versions extracted from 10.15.0
- reboot
- again: Make sure the system partition is mounted writable (sudo mount -UW /)
- Open Safari and enable extensions. Note you're now running the Safari version from 10.15.0.
- Restore /Applications/Safari.app and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari*.framework from the backup
- Reboot

When done correctly, you'll be back on the latest Safari version, but now with your extensions enabled.
Thank you! I enabled all my 1Blocker extensions on 10.15.6 (19G73) using this method. One essentially needs to downgrade to Safari 3.0.2 to enable their extensions, then revert back to 3.1.2.

The SafariSharedUI.framework file did not exist in the 10.15 (19A583) installer I obtained from a questionable yet satisfactory source, so I just left the default one there. I've attached the relevant .framework files I extracted from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari* using Pacifist 3.6.2. However, I could not upload the Safari 3.0.2 application to this thread, as it is too large even if compressed.

Ensure to use sudo mount -uw / to convert the system volume to read-write for the current uptime. You'll be using a lot of sudo mv commands, so it's easier to enter sudo -s to run the mv commands without typing sudo every time. Note that mv moves files from one directory to another – and if the files have the same name, it will replace those files and delete the originals. Make sure to reboot once you enable the extensions. If in doubt, reboot – because they will be re-disabled if you don't.

Attachments

• Safari Frameworks.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 127

quaccOS

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2020
It won't show (13-inch, Mid 2010) on About this Mac. It might be due to setting up the Mac without an Internet connection…it still bothers me a little of why that is. I'm reluctantly installing the Google Japanese IME on my fresh 10.15.6 installation – I wish we could use the native Japanese (Romaji) & Chinese (Pinyin) input sources :(
About this Mac 19G73.png
Obviously, it's because my old Penryn Core2Duo doesn't support SSE 2.4 :rolleyes:…which my only understanding of that is: "CPU Instructions Stuff".

brkr1

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Salvador-Ba
Try another brand of usb like toshiba. Format usb to mac Extended journaled and then proceed with making the patched usb installer. Hope you are not selecting afps for your usb drive.Afps is only selected if you are making your internal partition to be the destination.
you can also follow the post above.

No deal. It just won't show up on the list of devices to boot from. If I go to
first you can help us better understand what you are doing by adding more detail. I would: Download the latest patcher. from the patcher download the os. then make a HFS flash drive to install into. once you have the install flash drive hold down the option when booting to select the flash drive or go to system preferences and select the flash drive as the start up and reboot.

you should boot to the flash drive…

No deal. It just won't show up on the lis of devices to boot from. Even on system preferences my usb won't be listed.
Had to install High Sierra on another Mac today and tried the patcher for that OS and it didn't work either. Had to use sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume. With that it worked.

Why none of my devices work with these patches?

brkr1

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Salvador-Ba
No deal. It just won't show up on the list of devices to boot from. If I go to

No deal. It just won't show up on the lis of devices to boot from. Even on system preferences my usb won't be listed.
Had to install High Sierra on another Mac today and tried the patcher for that OS and it didn't work either. Had to use sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume. With that it worked.

Why none of my devices work with these patches?

Attachments

• B6D0A128-D830-49EF-B97F-BAE99699D894.jpeg
    B6D0A128-D830-49EF-B97F-BAE99699D894.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 131

maxsp97

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2019
Some where in LA
If you're running update with CatalinaOTAswufix.app
There will be 3 packages macOS Catalina 10.15.6, Safari 14.0, and Big sur.
Install:
1. Safari
2. macOS Catalina
3. Big Sur "Forget it"

Attachments

• Google Chrome Catalina 10.15.6.png
    Google Chrome Catalina 10.15.6.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 161

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
What is the latest version of the OpenCore Catalina bootloader? When I dl from the link at MR I get this (screenshot) but when I run (without problems) it from a MicroSD card on a Mac, I sometimes see a message telling me it is an old version and to download a newer version. If this is true, what is the newer version and link?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 13.43.49.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 13.43.49.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Dilli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
It worked for me. The alternative is to run
sudo open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app
every time you restart or update Chrome. Once you run it Chrome will restart without problems until you reboot or update Chrome.

Good Luck!
True but need a permanent solution.

TheRetiredOldMan

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2020
Hi All,

Here is my about iMac screenshot, 27 inch mid 2011 a1312.
WX4170_Catalina.png

One question about the post install patch tool of the installer.
Each time I de-select the Legacy Audio Patch, and after restart the Legacy Audio Patch will be re-selected.
I have tried a couple of time, and results are the same.
SIP is disabled.
I have to admit that I did not search the whole thread to ask this question.
Any comment or suggestion is welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
Never mind I found it here

For the first time ever in >30 years of computing, I killed a memory card. I used Balena Etcher to put the latest (0.59) OC Catalina bootloader on a 16-GB Toshiba micro-SD card, which reported as successful, but now that card will not mount in any device and will not format (under Windows, Linux or Mac) and will not show in diskutil list. I tried again with another 4 GB card and it was fine.

n8breeze

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2020
I got a MacbookPro6,1 (A1297) with Intel HD Graphics (288mb) and a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (512mb) running Catalina through dosdude´s patcher (Thanks for your work dude)
It seems the 330M ist not running fully hardwareacellerated.
Did not find much to that card.
Would it be better to switch off the 330M?

Ausdauersportler

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2019
iMac 2011 12,2. A1312 (EMC 2429)

I successfully installed a K2100 card, and got Catalina installed via the dosdude (thanks!) site. However:
I have a black screen unless I hold option down, select my drive (only choice), and then it loads fine
The other issue is that it seems to crash upon sleep. Workaround is letting screensaver work, but turning the sleep off. Obviously, I'd like to be able to streamline login (for auto-reboot on a power outtage, etc, as I will use this as a server), and also let it sleep.

I'm sure it's something simple I need to do-any suggestions?

Thanks!
Take a look at this thread and read the first post. You will find the solution linked there...

Legend1591

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2020
So I have a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 13” and I installed macOS Catalina on it with the patcher and after a while of using it, it no longer booted correctly (it used to have some issues with the ram but after that I decided to change it) so I decide to install a fresh copy of macOS El capitan in a USB that I bought today, so whenever I try to install it it starts to boot the patch, and I decide to erase everything from the HDD with an external enclosure and another MacBook Pro but even after that, some part of the patch still runs, how can I erase it? I already erase the physical drive device and put the format to Macintosh OS Extended (Journaled), and even when the hard drive is out, the code still tries to load. I used the patcher from dosdude1. I think it was version 1.4.3 and I haven´t seen instructions of how to uninstall, I even tried to contact him in Twitter to see if he can help me.
Someone that knows how to fix this?

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
So I have a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 13” and I installed macOS Catalina on it with the patcher and after a while of using it, it no longer booted correctly (it used to have some issues with the ram but after that I decided to change it) so I decide to install a fresh copy of macOS El capitan in a USB that I bought today, so whenever I try to install it it starts to boot the patch, and I decide to erase everything from the HDD with an external enclosure and another MacBook Pro but even after that, some part of the patch still runs, how can I erase it? I already erase the physical drive device and put the format to Macintosh OS Extended (Journaled), and even when the hard drive is out, the code still tries to load. I used the patcher from dosdude1. I think it was version 1.4.3 and I haven´t seen instructions of how to uninstall, I even tried to contact him in Twitter to see if he can help me.
Someone that knows how to fix this?
Maybe you installed the APFS patcher in an internal drive?

Legend1591

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2020
By default, Catalina Patcher install an APFS booter. Maybe that´s the "code" you see at boot.
And that booter, where’s located? What my problem is that even with the hard drive out, still run that code that I’m talking about, I have no idea how to turn it off or at least that I can make my stuff without minding that thing

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
And that booter, where’s located? What my problem is that even with the hard drive out, still run that code that I’m talking about, I have no idea how to turn it off or at least that I can make my stuff without minding that thing
Can you post a picture of that "code", just to be sure? Do you see ir at boot?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.