Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Same here, and it seems the widget is just gone, like removed. But surprisingly some of my iOS apps I have installed, widgets are showing up now, they did not in B1. Maybe widgets are being worked on by Apple during the beta cycle???

I installed beta 2 this afternoon and my weather widget is still there.

Reactions: LFC2020

jlbrown

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
Dev Beta 2. Mail.app - I get 'Unable to load remote content safely" on all my emails. Have to click on the button 'Load Content Directly". Anyone know how to fix? Do I need to change something in my router?
Yes, I get this too. Very frustrating. Let us know if you find a solution. Have you used the Feedback Assistant to report it?
James.

Reactions: srbNYC

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Dev Beta 2. Mail.app - I get 'Unable to load remote content safely" on all my emails. Have to click on the button 'Load Content Directly". Anyone know how to fix? Do I need to change something in my router?
Sounds like a bug with the new Mail security options.

Disable "Protect mail Activity" (you can tick the two options underneath if you wish) and see if that helps.

Remember to re-enable it (if you want it, I don't) when the next beta is released.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
This is a wikiPost that will be updated regularly.

Why isn't this a stickey thread ? - like it was in the previous OS forums? - link to Big Sur Thread

Anyway - Is this a bug ? - Can't reset - "Open Folders in New Windows" - see screen shot below

I have tried this many times - in fact it began in the last beta of Big Sur and I upgraded to Monterey to see if it would fix it - no joy - still does not work :(

It this an OS bug ? - or a firmware bug for some hardware models? - or a problem on my MacBook?

Any thoughts?

finder-prefs-new-windows.png

Reactions: inkhorn

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Why isn't this a stickey thread ? - like it was in the previous OS forums? - link to Big Sur Thread

Anyway - Is this a bug ? - Can't reset - "Open Folders in New Windows" - see screen shot below

I have tried this many times - in fact it began in the last beta of Big Sur and I upgraded to Monterey to see if it would fix it - no joy - still does not work :(

It this an OS bug ? - or a firmware bug for some hardware models? - or a problem on my MacBook?

Any thoughts?

View attachment 1801554
just tried it, it's fine here. if you've had the problem pre-monterey, it's something specific to your setup. try booting in safe mode, perhaps changing up several variables in that window.... see what works (or doesn't)....

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
just tried it, it's fine here. if you've had the problem pre-monterey, it's something specific to your setup. try booting in safe mode, perhaps changing up several variables in that window.... see what works (or doesn't)....
Ok - thanks - good to know it works for you - ?

Last edited:
Reactions: fisherking

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Why isn't this thread pinned up the top? ?

Battery life seems to be good so far.

pmbooks

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2005
California
This is a wikiPost that will be updated regularly.

Current Bugs:
  • No sound in Plex https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/frontrunning-the-macos-issues-plex-has-no-sound.2299627
  • Most VPN apps are broken Seems to be resolved in Beta 2 (Wireguard works)
  • Safari's color matching top not perfect yet
  • Can't use dynamic pictures from Big Sur as desktop
  • Universal Control apparently not included in Beta 1
  • Some UI elements (like the Dock or Safari Tab Bar) might look blurred Seems to be resolved in Beta 2
  • Network mounts are displayed on the desktop with a hard-drive icon
  • handwritten messages do not show up in Message
  • Mouse/Trackpad input might be laggy
  • Safari Tab Group Sync between iOS 15 beta 1 and Monterey don't seem to work
  • Private Relay in System Settings automatically reenabled after some time
  • Hide IP Address in Safari automatically reenabled after some time
  • 3D Globe in Maps unavailable on Intel macs (is available on Big Sur and lower)
No Quick Look for [playing] MP4s.

DICK_CHENEY

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2021
Has anyone run into any issues when attempting to open/install an app from a .DMG file? It doesn't happen for every .DMG, but here and there I am now getting "the disk you attached was not readable by this computer." First noticed it on the Tor Browser Bundle.

ibaikov

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2021
Safari tabs kept crashing in Developer Beta 2.....
The same problem is present. It is impossible to establish the cause. Restart only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.