Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
It's been a while since I've had to mess around with .plists etc, but can't you drop it into the folder where it should be?
maybe the .plist he dropped isnt signed or whatever...I know there was a way people did something when using fake Macs, to make the plists work.

nilsfris

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2022
Austria
BIG TROUBLES
cannot install new fonts (neither OTF or TTF)...

anyone who knows a solution or workaround?

thank you...

pyramidic.shallot

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
maybe the .plist he dropped isnt signed or whatever...I know there was a way people did something when using fake Macs, to make the plists work.
Mighty Mouse config plist isn't a system plist, it lives in ~/Library so signing shouldn't be a problem. Either way, rather than mald about it on forums I've emailed Craig Federighi asking if it's intentional or not. Fingers crossed for a response

Reactions: MarineBand5524

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Mighty Mouse config plist isn't a system plist, it lives in ~/Library so signing shouldn't be a problem. Either way, rather than mald about it on forums I've emailed Craig Federighi asking if it's intentional or not. Fingers crossed for a response
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you meant the driver wasn’t there, and you added it in from a previous version. If that was the case, you would need to fake sign it.

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
Safari bugs:

• Goes to the previous page by itself
  • Jumps to the last tab by itself
  • Random tabs loses it's content and becomes blank
  • Sometimes takes several tries to reload a page
Some bugs are not new for Safari 16 but seems to occur more often.

I have reported it all to Apple.

I finally had to install Firefox since the above mentioned bugs was driving me insane.

For me Safari is more or less unusable at the moment.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
No major issues on my 2017 12 inch MacBook, running fine.

Only bug I've found so far: macOS doesn't remember the light/dark appearance setting. I set it on auto usually, and it comes back to light after every start or restart.

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
Magically, disabling iCloud sync for Safari seems to cure all problems I mentioned in earlier posts.

solouki

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2017
Firewall not Operative?

When I "System Settings... --> Network --> Firewall --> Firewall --> switch On" it appears to turn on the firewall, but if I back out to "System Settings... Network --> Firewall" it does not show the firewall as being on. However, if I then return to the Firewall pane, the switch is still On. If I click on the "Options..." pane, the App window cannot scroll to even the apps already present (I can't see all of the apps listed because the window does not scroll, the last app in the window is even cut in half by the window). If I now close out "System Settings..." entirely, and then reopen it, "System Settings... --> Network --> Firewall --> Firewall", the switch is now Off even though I had previously turned it On.

Is Ventura abandoning the BSD pf-like firewall?

Anyone else with this trouble? (You have to switch on the firewall, then close and reopen System Settings... to see if the Firewall is still On.)

Thanks,
Solouki

EDIT: I uploaded a screen recording showing these behaviors...

EDIT 2: When I just attempted to play this video full screen and then closed the video, this caused a kernel panic (my first kernel panic under Ventura Beta).

EDIT 3: The second time I played this video full screen, I closed the video without causing a kernel panic.

Last edited:

Tomkins!

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
yes I've done so several times
Would you mind testing another thing?

Right clicking a call in the FaceTime app and choosing a call method (like FaceTime or FaceTime audio) is not respected if the previous call choice was a PHONE call (using iPhone). Instead it makes the call using your iPhone.

For example:
Right click a call that was previously made with FaceTime or FaceTime audio, then select “Call using iPhone”. Hang up.
Right click the call you just made, then select FaceTime or FaceTime audio.

Does this work again? Does it use whatever you selected?
In Monterey it would not use FaceTime or FaceTime audio, instead it would always pick Phone Call.

Thanks!

caspload

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2019
my user can't remember the Dark mode setting after restart/logout (a newly created user can)

I've also experienced this. Switching users seems to keep it, so it must be something with the logout process. But I'm not experiencing the wallpapers issues you've mentioned.

I had a strange issue when I first installed Ventura. Mail didn't send any notifications. All settings were seeming ok. Took me deleting the database file, unchecking iCloud mail in System Settings and a reboot. Then re-enabling iCloud Mail and letting Mail redownload all Mail - then notifications were working as expected. Hope this helps anyone possibly having the same issue.

Reactions: direttorebazzane

mlemosco

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2022
Upper menu bar only showed clock and Control Center icon after first install. After reboot, no clock or Control Center icon showing.

Reactions: 0xCUBE

mat1696

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2021
Okay. A few very annoying bugs (over more than 250 I reported for Big Sur and Monterey that are still not fixed in Ventura…):
- natural language not working with non-english keyboard in Reminders (when clicking on the suggested time it doesn’t delete it from the title of the reminder)
- « clear all » button that doesn’t work when multiple Reminders notifications are grouped together on macOS: it clears one notification at a time…
- System settings uses the unedited version of a photo from Photos instead of the edited one for Wallpapers and Screensavers (this bug has been around since Big Sur 11.3 and is soo annoying as I always edit images I use as screensaver and wallpaper)
- Preview background doesn’t adapt dark/light switch: that makes it very ugly when one opens it while system is in dark mode and then it goes to light mode. This has been broken since Big sur I believe.
- impossible to enable low power mode from control centre like we do on iOS and iPadOS: that makes this feature completely useless
- menu bar not correctly adapted to notch especially for tinier Mac… that will be chaos with the new 13 MacBook Air… I’d bet they would « sherlock » Bartender or offer a way to automatically put menu bar items into Control Centre when there is not enough room… but they did nothing.
-…

And not to mention every graphical glitch or bad adaptation from Catalyst app… it’s so sad to see macOS being so abandoned by Apple when Macs have never sold so well...

0xCUBE

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
Planet Earth
Upper menu bar only showed clock and Control Center icon after first install. After reboot, no clock or Control Center icon showing.
I'm getting this issue too. All of the system settings-related menu bar items are just not there, regardless of whether or not they are toggled on. Does anyone have a solution?

xflashx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Complete list of bugs not listed by Apple that I’ve found so far. If I can edit to update I will.
Oh sorry, can't you edit the list in the first thread? I assumed that just enabling the first post to be a WikiPost allows every user to edit the list of bugs?

jmchicago

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone else having Wi-Fi issues since installing the beta? I haven’t been able to connect to Wi-Fi, I disabled little snitch and NordVPN but that didn’t help. It works in safe mode. Any suggestions? I tried a search here and on Reddit but haven’t found any fixes.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone else having Wi-Fi issues since installing the beta? I haven’t been able to connect to Wi-Fi, I disabled little snitch and NordVPN but that didn’t help. It works in safe mode. Any suggestions? I tried a search here and on Reddit but haven’t found any fixes.
You need to completely remove little snitch, not just disable or bin the app.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Mail takes a long time to launch, and I get a popup that says "Loading Plugins. Mail is loading the latest version of your plugins." I don't even think I have any plugins.....

gevaze

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2022
I was able to fix my wi-fi issue by deleting the Wi-Fi service: System Settings > Network > Wi-Fi ⓘ > Delete Service.
Then, re-adding the service: Add Service > Wi-Fi.
I think my issue was that I was connected to a public router that required a login every 24 hours. When my session expired, macOS didn't present the login screen a second time even when trying to forget the connection. Only the step above helped to display the login screen again.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Safari and the Music apps are the stock apps that I use the most and they seem to me to be the ones which are of the poorest quality. I am not sure if I have this feeling because I don't use many of the other apps as often, so I cannot judge their usability as well, however, Safari and Music have been disastrous. They have so many issues, even when out of beta (iCloud tabs still not syncing after a year in Safari, frequent crashes, etc), but beta builds have always been so bad. Safari crashes every few minutes, and watching full-screen video is impossible, as it leads to kernel panics and many more. Of course, I know it is beta, however, the same thing has been happening over and over again every year with these two apps. I feel like they're starting from zero every year, from a super unstable state, and then they need months to iron out critical bugs while providing very little to no new features or benefits to the users.

Also, many other vendors provide betas, however, none has ever been that unstable or unusable as what Safari is. I guess it all comes down to good project management and it seems like the Safari and Music teams do not have that.

Reactions: gank41

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Safari and the Music apps are the stock apps that I use the most and they seem to me to be the ones which are of the poorest quality. I am not sure if I have this feeling because I don't use many of the other apps as often, so I cannot judge their usability as well, however, Safari and Music have been disastrous. They have so many issues, even when out of beta (iCloud tabs still not syncing after a year in Safari, frequent crashes, etc), but beta builds have always been so bad. Safari crashes every few minutes, and watching full-screen video is impossible, as it leads to kernel panics and many more. Of course, I know it is beta, however, the same thing has been happening over and over again every year with these two apps. I feel like they're starting from zero every year, from a super unstable state, and then they need months to iron out critical bugs while providing very little to no new features or benefits to the users.

Also, many other vendors provide betas, however, none has ever been that unstable or unusable as what Safari is. I guess it all comes down to good project management and it seems like the Safari and Music teams do not have that.
i have no real issues with safari, or music. probably worth exploring those safari issues, as they are not common...

Reactions: ErikGrim

Spinnetti

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2005
Kentucky
Works fine on my i7 MBP... TOTALLY BRICKED my i7 imac. can't get it to do anything, won't recover using internet recovery, or trying to recover it from my MBP and won't even recognize the partition in target disk mode (though the boot camp partition is fine). I fear I've lost everything. Any ideas how to recover?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.