Magic Keyboard Not Charging

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Md Rafiqu Rahman, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Md Rafiqu Rahman macrumors newbie

My Magic Keyboard stopped working so I guess it ran out of battery, I have been using it with Lightning cable connected which is also supposed to recharge the battery, Right? It has been 2 days since I have the Lightning cable connected, I have also tried with my Amazon tablets charger but if I unplug the cable the Magic Keyboard would not work at all and the device is not found on Bluetooth either.

I got this keyboard 20 days ago with my brand new iMac(late 2015), I am using OSX El Capitan (version 10.11.5). This is the first time i am charging it, Can anyone help please?

[​IMG]

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

If it won't charge at all take it back Apple will replace it under warranty no worries.

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

There's not a lot you can do to try to get it working. Make sure the keyboard's power switch is turned on. Consider the possibility that you have a bad cable: If you haven't tried a different Lightning cable, do. Also try reversing the Lightning connector in the keyboard port. If that doesn't work, contact Apple for service.