Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveedjackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
London
I feel like I'm asking a really obvious question, or pointing out the biggest clanger of all time. Today I've upgraded an email account from IMAP to dedicated MS Exchange. No issue about apart from a slow merge of mailboxes, moving the "Sent" folder from the old IMAP to the Sent folder on the Exchange server.

Only issue is, now if I go to my iPhone/Ipad, instead of my sent box actually being in order of when I sent mail. It's organising by "received"
And sure enough when I checked on OSX it's the same, but thankfully there is the option to organise by date sent/recieved so not too much of an issue. How/why is iOS doing this, and how did something as basic as a sort/organise option get overlooked? Am I loosing my mind?

Anyone shed any light?
IMG_0086.PNG Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 21.51.47.png
Thanks mutely.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
I feel like I'm asking a really obvious question, or pointing out the biggest clanger of all time. Today I've upgraded an email account from IMAP to dedicated MS Exchange. No issue about apart from a slow merge of mailboxes, moving the "Sent" folder from the old IMAP to the Sent folder on the Exchange server.

Only issue is, now if I go to my iPhone/Ipad, instead of my sent box actually being in order of when I sent mail. It's organising by "received"
And sure enough when I checked on OSX it's the same, but thankfully there is the option to organise by date sent/recieved so not too much of an issue. How/why is iOS doing this, and how did something as basic as a sort/organise option get overlooked? Am I loosing my mind?

Anyone shed any light?
View attachment 1803365 View attachment 1803364
Thanks mutely.
My Exchange365 mail Sent box sorts by date and time. Have never had a problem with this. Am on 12PM iOS 15b2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.