Mail notifications clearing when phone unlocked.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Morac, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

I started having a problem today where any time I unlock my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1, all notifications from the Mail app are cleared. If my phone was locked when I get a notification I never see it. If it was not locked, then the notification will stay in the Notification Center until I lock and unlock my iPhone.

I have 3 email accounts, all set to display in Notification Center and it happens with all three. The only thing I changed recently was to enable fetch since Yahoo Mail no longer supports push, but I did that days ago. Also I did it on my iPad and that still behaves normally.

I've tried restarting, turning off Mail for iCloud and Exchange and deleting the Yahoo account, but nothing works. I can't view notifications while the phone is locked, do to a MDM restriction so I can't tell when the mail notifications disappear, but I believe it's on unlocking as if I turn of showing mail notifications in the lock screen, those too vanish once I touch home to unlock and then swipe down to show the Notification Center.

I have no idea why this started happening, though I did find some other people with the same exact problem, so it seems like it's a bug in iOS 10.2.1.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7786817?start=0&tstart=0

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Morac thread starter macrumors 65816

Morac

So I disabled the MDM profile and found that it clears the moment I unlock the phone. Any mail notifications that are in the Notification Center remain there when I lock the phone and view the Notification Center, but are cleared on unlocking.

I tried resetting settings and deleting all email accounts, but that made no difference.

Erasing the phone and setting up as new did fix it, but I don't want to do that so I'm restoring from a backup now. Hopefully the bug is not triggered by something that gets backed up.

3. Morac thread starter macrumors 65816

Morac

It still appears to be working after the erase and restore from backup. Unfortunately fetch doesn't seem to be working. It should be every 15 minutes, I waited 30 minutes and nothing happened.

4. uandme72 macrumors 6502a

I have reported the sysdiagnose logs to Apple.
    Have you done so?

5. Morac thread starter macrumors 65816

Morac

It happened again a few weeks ago. That time restoring from a backup didn't fix it. It had to restore from an older iCloud backup. Though right before it started working I did set it up as new and then tested, so maybe that needs to be done prior to doing a restore from backup.

I've filed a bug report, but haven't heard back from Apple. I'm assuming this won't be fixed in iOS 10. Hopefully it will be fixed in iOS 11.

6. uandme72 macrumors 6502a

Please check on 10.3.2 Beta 4 whether the issue is resolved?