Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
from the vietnamese unboxing, the camera looks in a very different location, which if they didn't change the case would block the camera in the new ipad

I don't see a difference, hopefully it is the same. I stopped the video when it shows the camera and then compared it and it looks the same as the ipad 2. When you say very very different in what way?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I don't see a difference, hopefully it is the same. I stopped the video when it shows the camera and then compared it and it looks the same as the ipad 2. When you say very very different in what way?

you're right. At first I thought the camera position was shifted, but looking again it seems the same, just a little bigger

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
you're right. At first I thought the camera position was shifted, but looking again it seems the same, just a little bigger

I'm not at a place where i can do this, but if anyone can put photos of the new ipad and the ipad 2 into photoshop and superimpose them to see if the camera is the same location that would answer this question.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
http://www.apple.com/ipad/ipad-2/specs.html

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

The camera is in a very similar location, infact the bottom of both camera's line up perfectly, but because the lens on the new iPad's camera is larger, the centre of the new iPad's camera is slightly higher. (At least that's what it LOOKS like judging by the renderings on the spec pages)

EDIT: Nevermind, I superimposed both images, the camera's are in the exact same location, only difference is the lens is larger on the new iPad.

ipad2_newipad_comparo.gif

Last edited:

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Just to let everyone know, the promotion is over now, and the coupon code is inactive. Hope everyone enjoys their cases :)

crapbag8

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
now let's hope their shipping department is cranking the orders out! anyone else who ordered last night get a shipping notification yet? seems like many who ordered yesterday morning got same day shipping...

drill423

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Houston
now let's hope their shipping department is cranking the orders out! anyone else who ordered last night get a shipping notification yet? seems like many who ordered yesterday morning got same day shipping...

Ordered last night at about 1130pm central time. No shipping yet. I'm sure there site was slammed and it will just take a few days to catch up.

oliboli

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
I ordered yesterday around 6:30PM EST and no word on shipping yet. Do have the charge in my account, though.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Canceled my order because it uses the 2 elastic straps to hold the cover closed. Surprised they don't mention this on their website (or maybe I just missed it).

I'm sure their materials are good for the $99 but that is a ghetto design using elastic straps just to hold it closed. Deal breaker for sure.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Anyone get a shipping notice yet for those that ordered yesterday? :confused:

I really hope it gets here either before the iPad or the same day!

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Anyone get a shipping notice yet for those that ordered yesterday? :confused:

I really hope it gets here either before the iPad or the same day!

No, I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet and I ordered yesterday too... I was really hoping it would arrive before the iPad, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen...

BESLC

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
I spoke with Maroo yesterday ,they said they were swamped with orders(wonder why..perhaps 1/2 off),they hope to ship by Friday with delivery next week.

530farm

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Ordered mine mid Monday. Still haven't gotten a confirmation.

Spoke w/ Maroo today. They said they finally got all the orders processed last night, so now its just a matter of shipping.

Orders for 1 case ship first, and most should be going out today.

Orders for multiples will most likely ship tomorrow/friday.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
It may be worth a call to them to request that your cases are shipped by priority instead of first class mail to get them a little faster.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Shipping Notice

Ordered my ROTO Monday evening and just got my shipping notice from Maroo. Making its way from Washington to Atlanta and is expected to be here this Friday! Just in time for my new toy!

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Mine is marked out for delivery so should get it later today. Never thought I'd have it before I got the iPad.

lique831

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2011
Ordered my Maroo case Monday at 8:30 pm and it shipped yesterday. It's due to arrive on Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.