Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I do recall such event, though I am not sure if I imagined it or it was real. But I do recall reading about the whole Jane-Thor being the theme on this movie.

LOL... I think it is safe to say it wasn't your imagination...

_107960884_gettyimages-1163261459.jpg

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Love and Thunder, it looks big and wonderful.
Theater time next week for me.

Made me watch at Youtube

More, a lot more, background including tie in with comic
if you want to know and some speculation… :D

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Love and Thunder (2022) it looks big and wonderful. Famous last words. 😤🥲
If you look at the first 3 Thor movies, they have well defined and executed narratives. The third movie, is brilliant how humor is inserted, well timed, kept under control, and the story still holds its edge.

Love and Thunder movie starts strong, establishing the motivations of the villain, but the movie does a real disservice to Gods in general making most of them look like cartoonish jerks. :)

This story felt muddled, the Director must be running out of ideas. We get to see another Asgard Play (like Ragnarok), the Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in as filler to remind us a new Guardians movie is in the works.

Sure use Jane Foster from the comics I approve, a great basis for a story, but it felt off, the execution and imagery were terrible, Zeus was god aweful, along with God Central, and we don’t need to see Thor‘s butt which I can forgive, but don’t turn Thor into a shallow wimpy characature of the character along with a shallow condensed portrayal of how Thor and Jane broke up originally. It would have been better to leave that to our imagination as they did when it was first mentioned that they had dumped one another in Ragnarok, but really Jane dump Thor. ;) Anyway, I’ll stop, disappointed. 👎

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
If you look at the first 3 Thor movies, they have well defined and executed narratives. The third movie, is brilliant how humor is inserted, well timed, kept under control, and the story still holds its edge.

Love and Thunder movie starts strong, establishing the motivations of the villain, but the movie does a real disservice to Gods in general making most of them look like cartoonish jerks. :)

This story felt muddled, the Director must be running out of ideas. We get to see another Asgard Play (like Ragnarok), the Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in as filler to remind us a new Guardians movie is in the works. Sure use Jane Foster from the comics I approve, a great basis for a story, but it felt off, the execution and imagery were terrible, Zeus was god aweful, along with God Central, and we don’t need to see Thor‘s butt which I can forgive, but don’t turn Thor into a shallow wimpy characature of the character along with a shallow condensed portrayal of how Thor and Jane broke up originally. It would have been better to leave that to our imagination asthey did when it was first mentioned that they had dumped one another In Ragnarok. Anyway, I’ll stop, disappointed. 👎

Like I mentioned in the other thread... this disappoints me. I really dug the comics with Jane in it, but then again, I pretty much like almost all of that stuff Jason Aaron. His run on Scalped is one of my favorite books of all time and his run on Thor in my opinion is outstanding. Original Sin is also good! :)

I have heard that there is way to much humor in this one and the real standout is Christian Bale's character!

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion

This story felt muddled, the Director must be running out of ideas. We get to see another Asgard Play (like Ragnarok), the Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in as filler to remind us a new Guardians movie is in the works. Sure use Jane Foster from the comics I approve, a great basis for a story, but it felt off, the execution and imagery were terrible, Zeus was god aweful, along with God Central, and we don’t need to see Thor‘s butt which I can forgive, but don’t turn Thor into a shallow wimpy characature of the character along with a shallow condensed portrayal of how Thor and Jane broke up originally. It would have been better to leave that to our imagination asthey did when it was first mentioned that they had dumped one another In Ragnarok. Anyway, I’ll stop, disappointed. 👎

Eh, I rather liked it. And if you read anything about most gods that interact with humans, Norse, Greek, Roman.... they were cartoonish over the top jerks who only cared for themselves.

The showing of how the relationship between Jane and Thor ended shows that it wasn't that they fell out of love, they just got tired of not being able to be together due to other duties.

I think they did a good job with showing Jane being sick and getting worse because of her choice to be Lady Thor.

Christian Bale was really amazing as Gorr.

But there was also other little things that I think some overlooked. Thors interaction with the kids when they were kidnapped. He's never been a father, uncle or any of the like, just a warrior. So when he pops in, he talks to the kids as if they were warriors, not little kids in a frightening situation.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Eh, I rather liked it. And if you read anything about most gods that interact with humans, Norse, Greek, Roman.... they were cartoonish over the top jerks who only cared for themselves.

The showing of how the relationship between Jane and Thor ended shows that it wasn't that they fell out of love, they just got tired of not being able to be together due to other duties.

I think they did a good job with showing Jane being sick and getting worse because of her choice to be Lady Thor.

Christian Bale was really amazing as Gorr.

But there was also other little things that I think some overlooked. Thors interaction with the kids when they were kidnapped. He's never been a father, uncle or any of the like, just a warrior. So when he pops in, he talks to the kids as if they were warriors, not little kids in a frightening situation.
There is certainly a personal expectations aspect of my Love and Thunder review. :)
If you go by what was shown and said previously to this movie, Jane was pissed that Thor had made a heartfelt commitment to their relationship, but then disappeared on her for years. No surprise she dumped him. In this movie, it kind of felt like fixing Hans Solo. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
She-hulk:Attorney At Law (2022- Disney+) 2 Episodes in, light atmosphere, thumbs up with one Hulk Sized caveat, 22 minute episodes!?!? God, I hate that. I turned this on with low expectations, it‘s good, but everything is short changed. How I became She-hulk in 10 minutes. This is the nature of <30 minute episodes. I could find no images of Tatiana Maslany as She-hulk online. Yes, there is comic book cannon.

0D6A17A9-0FC8-479F-B9DD-2B324E5FF0D7.jpeg

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia

This story felt muddled, the Director must be running out of ideas. We get to see another Asgard Play (like Ragnarok), the Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in as filler to remind us a new Guardians movie is in the works.

Sure use Jane Foster from the comics I approve, a great basis for a story, but it felt off, the execution and imagery were terrible, Zeus was god aweful, along with God Central, and we don’t need to see Thor‘s butt which I can forgive, but don’t turn Thor into a shallow wimpy characature of the character along with a shallow condensed portrayal of how Thor and Jane broke up originally. It would have been better to leave that to our imagination as they did when it was first mentioned that they had dumped one another in Ragnarok, but really Jane dump Thor. ;) Anyway, I’ll stop, disappointed. 👎
I think despite all the marketing, Taika was bored and didn’t actually want to do it. He already originally ended with Ragnarok and they thought they ended the trilogy, but Marvel bigwigs forced him to do another one. In one of the interview, I sensed that Taika didn’t even want to be there and he was just bored and annoyed.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
She-hulk:Attorney At Law (2022- Disney+) 2 Episodes in, light atmosphere, Big thumbs up with one Hulk Sized caveat, 22 minute episodes!?!? God, I hate that. I turned this on with low expectations, it‘s good, but everything is short changed. How I became She-hulk in 10 minutes. This is the nature of <30 minute episodes. I could find no images of Tatiana Maslany as She-hulk online. Yes, there is comic book cannon.

The light nature of the show makes it feel more simcom-ish I guess, so hence the 22 minutes.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The light nature of the show makes it feel more simcom-ish I guess, so hence the 22 minutes.
The sitcomish comment seems to really apply =shallow story depth. In general, I’m hostile to 30 minute episodes. The Mandorian has that, and it without a doubt shallows out the depth of any story because there is simply not the time. Compare any 30 min series to something like Daredevil, Punisher, or Jessica Jones series and it becomes very evident what level a 30 min episode can’t operate on.

Btw, all those Netflix series are cream of the crop and must see imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafterman

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ref: Guardian of the Galaxy News:

I think despite all the marketing, Taika was bored and didn’t actually want to do it. He already originally ended with Ragnarok and they thought they ended the trilogy, but Marvel bigwigs forced him to do another one. In one of the interview, I sensed that Taika didn’t even want to be there and he was just bored and annoyed.
This might explain a lot. I have no issue with Ms.Thor as something with a valid basis, but the story execution was less than coherent, beyond the normal level of humor, Thor kind of became a joke, and that diminishes the franchise.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Like I mentioned in the other thread... this disappoints me. I really dug the comics with Jane in it, but then again, I pretty much like almost all of that stuff Jason Aaron. His run on Scalped is one of my favorite books of all time and his run on Thor in my opinion is outstanding. Original Sin is also good! :)

I have heard that there is way to much humor in this one and the real standout is Christian Bale's character!
Christian Bale is serious and outstanding in this.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I felt the same way. He was great in Civil War in a small dose. It makes me worry how Marvel is going to treat Spider-man. However, Tom Holland looks like the best of the Spider-man actors. Tobey McGuire was okay, Andrew Garfield was completely out of character. Tom Holland appears to fit the role of Spider-man as he was intended.
I like them all but agree the Amazing Peter seems too cool to become Spiderman.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yikes...

Rumor mill, but it is being reported on a few sites now.

Taika is out as director of Thor 5

At the end of Thor: Ragnarok and watching JoJo Rabbit, I thought this man walked on water creatively. If the director is totally responsible for story with no interference from the studio, he tripped badly, at least he suffered from his worst impulses. T:R has humor, but it hit the perfect balance for me. However if it was the calculation that more humor would be better, then he went too far. And I don’t like Thor’s post Ragnarok personality journey. This character was trashed imo.

I haven't seen it yet... I was turned off by all of the negative reviews I was reading and hearing about. I am waiting for it to hit Disney + this month.

yeah I am gonna do the same!

Looking forward to your opinions. :)

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
Daredevil and other Marvel shows are now viewable in 4K UHD, Dolby Vision, & HDR10 on Disney+. Not bad but not great either.

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
At the end of Thor: Ragnarok and watching JoJo Rabbit, I thought this man walked on water creatively. If the director is totally responsible for story with no interference from the studio, he tripped badly, at least he suffered from his worst impulses. T:R has humor, but it hit the perfect balance for me. However if it was the calculation that more humor would be better, then he went too far. And I don’t like Thor’s post Ragnarok personality journey. This character was trashed imo.
Imo Taika didn't actually want to do Thor 4. Looking at some of his interviews, I can feel that he thought he was done with Ragnarok. Trilogy, finished. But Marvel execs wanted more and pushed him. I mean even in some of the interviews, it was quite apparent to me that Taika was bored and annoyed. He didn't look happy at all, at least from my impression.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Finished SHE-Hulk. In the end, i kinda like it. I knew She-Hulk in the comic tend to be light and comedic and 4th wall breaking ala Deadpool, so I thought they at least got that in the show.

What bothered me the most was the CG, and it was often seeing She-Hulk in ugly "cheap" CG, and I read that it wasn't even the VfX team's fault. They were pushed to unrealistic deadlines. It's unfortunate, as it detracted a lot from the enjoyment.

Anyway, wasn't Marvel's strongest TV show, but probably didn't deserve all the hate from the internet. I enjoyed it more than Ms Marvel.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Finished SHE-Hulk. In the end, i kinda like it. I knew She-Hulk in the comic tend to be light and comedic and 4th wall breaking ala Deadpool, so I thought they at least got that in the show.

What bothered me the most was the CG, and it was often seeing She-Hulk in ugly "cheap" CG, and I read that it wasn't even the VfX team's fault. They were pushed to unrealistic deadlines. It's unfortunate, as it detracted a lot from the enjoyment.

Anyway, wasn't Marvel's strongest TV show, but probably didn't deserve all the hate from the internet. I enjoyed it more than Ms Marvel.
I need to finish this. I preferred it when they release the entire series in a single dump. At least zi’m thinking this is why I have not finished it. 🤔

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I enjoyed She-Hulk (especially the trademark case & Daredevil
😈⚖️♥️⚖️😈episodes). Wanted more courtroom content and would have liked longer episodes, but it was fun.

Love Werewolf By Night. Right in my wheelhouse. I adored those comics in my 20s & 30s, so I appreciate how deep dive the script was. Gael was fantastic as Jack Russell (the updated Wolfman make up is terrific.)

I’ll eventually rent Wakanda Forever especially for Namor, but I’m really looking forward to Echo and Daredevil Born Again.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
NEXT RELEASES from the horses mouth:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

November 11, 2022

The Marvels

February 17, 2023

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Jul 28, 2023

I can’t say how many I will go to the theater for. It might depend on my trailer devining. Fingers crossed for The Marvels. I know some people did not like Captain Marvel, but it found it’s way into my top tier of Marvel Movies, which is not that many I classify as MTT. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.