Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
I always chose the new color over the other colors,last year it was rose gold and this year i am going for the jet black color
Marv would of NEVER chose rose gold;). Sorry but new colors don't make them flagship :p
[doublepost=1475487183][/doublepost]Im super happy with matte black and not because JB shows smudges and scratches. I like both colors and everything i own is matte or satin black. From my armchair i made and had powedercoated matte black-to my living room lamp ordered in matte black. I just love a flat black color. Always have. Always will
Now, JB does look great to me too. I love the way it felt in my hand also since i go caseless year round. Ever since iPhone 4 i have been caseless. I would of liked the stickier surface but I'm more of a matte black guy.
I don't need to justify it to anybody people that see my stuff know that i don't like things shiny.

Reactions: Sunny1990

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Marv would of NEVER chose rose gold;). Sorry but new colors don't make them flagship :p
[doublepost=1475487183][/doublepost]Im super happy with matte black and not because JB shows smudges and scratches. I like both colors and everything i own is matte or satin black. From my armchair i made and had powedercoated matte black-to my living room lamp ordered in matte black. I just love a flat black color. Always have. Always will
Now, JB does look great to me too. I love the way it felt in my hand also since i go caseless year round. Ever since iPhone 4 i have been caseless. I would of liked the stickier surface but I'm more of a matte black guy.
I don't need to justify it to anybody people that see my stuff know that i don't like things shiny.

Must be nice to make your own armchair, wish I could do that for my office chair, nothing's comfortable enough for 18 hour days ;)

Reactions: x-evil-x

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Must be nice to make your own armchair, wish I could do that for my office chair, nothing's comfortable enough for 18 hour days ;)
My phone works well with it ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    1,015 KB · Views: 221

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
I was initally very tempted by the Jet Black when it was announced, but after seeing them both at the Apple Store, I thought JB felt somewhat cheap (to me and me only ;)) and the stealthy vibe of the Matte Black was more appealing. So I went for the Matte and couldn't be happier. It's my first time with a "plus" (upgraded from a 6) and this iPhone so far is the best I've ever owned.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
like others, I like it and probably would have picked JB but did not want to wait. I use my phone naked and the "slippery" nature does not bother me. I may, for the first time ever, get a case (the apple leather). I upgrade every year, so waiting until December didn't really make sense

Ds6778

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2016
Love mine, looks more stealthy then JB. After playing with the JB model in the Apple Store, it felt gross. Like a slimy s7..

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
Love mine! Using a clear case so I'm not covering this beauty

What kind of case if you don't mind me asking? I bought the Apple Silicone one as I think it suits more the matte black than leather, but I'm tempted by a clear case so I can just show off :p Although I generally find 3rd-party cases too "big", while Apple's are always slick and simple.

iArneezy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Arkansas
What kind of case if you don't mind me asking? I bought the Apple Silicone one as I think it suits more the matte black than leather, but I'm tempted by a clear case so I can just show off :p Although I generally find 3rd-party cases too "big", while Apple's are always slick and simple.
Currently I'm using the spigen crystal shell case. It's not the thinnest case by any means. I'm actually debating on just going semi-naked with a clear skin all around.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Currently I'm using the spigen crystal shell case. It's not the thinnest case by any means. I'm actually debating on just going semi-naked with a clear skin all around.
I've ordered the air skin but won't arrive till 3-5 november.

Reactions: iArneezy

au003

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Its as if Matte black owner's only compliment to their phone is that the jet black is subjectively flawed. The insecurity is strong with you.

And to think you spent nearly $1000 to hold a grudge, lmao.

It's as if JB iPhone 7 owners can't handle any criticism towards the JB iPhone because for some reason they feel personally attacked. Oh, wait..

Some people just prefer Matte Black. Deal with it.

Reactions: iArneezy

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Best looking iPhone I have ever seen. If you want a super thin case, I would suggest going with the Caudabe Veil XT in stealth black. Really happy with this combo.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Gave up waiting for my JB to ship and bought the Matte Black instead. My JB actually arrived last week and I shipped it back without even opening the box.

Currently running it naked...sort of...it sits in one of those sunglasses bags that double as lens cloths. Odds are, it will be in an Apple Leather case before long.

It's not a painting. After a few weeks of looking at how pretty the black is, I'm now uninspired.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
So is anybody using their matte black naked?

This guy. I never use cases or skins.

I don't find that my MB plus is any more slippery than any other plus color I've had (gold and space grey).

To answer the original question, I'm enjoying mine. I wanted the JB on pre-order day but it was already out to Oct delivery by the time I got in. But, it would have been $100 more (no 32gig option) and I would have babied the thing, so I'm learning to be content with the more "pragmatic choice" of MB. :D

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
If Apple asked me to design the iPhone I wanted, it would definitely be a matte black. Really satisfied with the look but also the performance.

iArneezy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Arkansas
Best looking iPhone I have ever seen. If you want a super thin case, I would suggest going with the Caudabe Veil XT in stealth black. Really happy with this combo.
Nice! just checked it out I think I'm going to order one lol. Thanks man

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Definitely. I had a JB on preorder but after seeing it in person I decided it was definitely not cool enough to me to wait another month for it to come in (despite ordering 10 minutes after preorders started). They had matte black in stock at my Apple Store so I went with that instead. Super happy with it.

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
He did and yes its asking for permission from other people that they made the right choice. All this group think makes my brain hurt.

Both the Jet Black and Matte Black look great. Me I'm just happier with the matte and I do prefer it over the JB so yes I made the right choice, for me - just as you made the right choice for you. Our tastes differ, nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Rmonster
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.