Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I am thinking very seriously about getting a gold iPhone 6 Plus.

I've only ever had black iPhones before. I think it looks especially handsome in the brown leather case from Apple, as seen in this review: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/16/iphone-6-cases-review/

Some of my friends have said that a man "can't own" the gold iPhone, or that it's for ladies, which I think is ridiculous.

Just looking for any other men who are proud gold iPhone owners and if you've gotten similar guff from your friends.

Not looking for this to devolve into a screaming match about masculinity and gender norms...it's just iPhones, people.

Also interested to hear whether you use it in a case, without a case, and if so, what cases can compliment the gold color. Pictures encouraged. Thanks! :apple:

Last edited:

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I have the gold, it does almost look almost like a rose gold but in no way is it girly.

Right now it is in a clear case and it will be in an apple leather case in midnight blue once that arrives.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I'm a guy and have a gold iPhone 6 Plus. Who cares. It's just a phone. Don't like it? Get a different color. Or don't worry how other people think of you when you hold a gold phone.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Here we go again with these threads.

Get it if YOU want it. Don't worry about what anyone thinks or what anyone has.

Do you.

I wanted the gold one for a while, but the bright white lines on the gold 6 throw me off.
So I've decided on silver, which some people also say is for females, as it is white. But I don't care, it's what I like.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Living in a big city, you still have this concern? I mean the lines between what's men's and what's women's has blend so much that everything is universal. The color alone doesn't make it more masculine. The color is the perfect hue for the materials used...just like the other 2 colors

cbarnes3121

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
i own the gold iPhone 6 plus 64 and i had the gold 5s but when it comes to my money i could care less what anybody else is saying?? did tim cook or anybody from apple saying we designed the gold with females in mind?? i love mine

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX

I've only ever had black iPhones before. I think it looks especially handsome in the brown leather case from Apple, as seen in this review: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/16/iphone-6-cases-review/

Some of my friends have said that a man "can't own" the gold iPhone, or that it's for ladies, which I think is ridiculous.

Just looking for any other men who are proud gold iPhone owners and if you've gotten similar guff from your friends!

Also interested to hear whether you use it in a case, without a case, and if so, what cases can compliment the gold color. Pictures encouraged. Thanks! :apple:

IMO, choose the phone you like and you'll be happier with it.

I have a 6+ in a complete clear case because I think the phone looks very nice and I don't like covering it up too much.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I haven't gotten my gold phone yet. I got the gold because it's different. I'll have it in a case anyhow. I'm 40 years old and married-I don't care what anybody thinks at this point.

Applefan17

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
Honestly, if you like the gold iPhone, get the gold iPhone...

The same sort of deal happened when they began to release white iPhones. The color of a piece of technology has nothing to do with your masculinity. Stop fretting and get what makes you happiest.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007

Just looking for any other men who are proud gold iPhone owners and if you've gotten similar guff from your friends!

I don't hangout with people who seriously make fun of the color of my phone.. If you like the gold then get the gold. I am a male going on my second year with a gold iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.