Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
His account should be locked, and his IP forbidden from creating another one. :rolleyes:

I ROFL ... Lol keep it up man, you really are a Demi-God .... You are right though if he's or she is lying that should happen

hey is this the person who said the Mac discount for notebooks was going to happen before the event because an update was imminent? They started the thread mentioning that and concluded since the ipad was being launch, apple didn't want the spotlight taken off the Magical Device for the time being

MrCooka

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
I'm making an announcement here that we will see a MacBook Pro update next week. This is a inside news, and please don't ask me how I get it, just wait and you will see. Seriously.

Oh maaaaaaan... you jinxed it!

Damn. :mad:

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
This is a rumor site. What kind of proof do you want? A photo of the new laptop? How would he be able to get a substantial proof if he is not high in the hierarchy at Apple? And if he is, why would he bother posting to this site at all? We all know what happened a few years ago.

21st100

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Ah, the owner of the forum is the greatest threat to its users, wonderful....
Why log forum users and turn them in when the sites purpose is to uncover "MacRumors"....
thats what u call: iFail...

chikhao

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
I'm making an announcement here that we will see a MacBook Pro update next week. This is a inside news, and please don't ask me how I get it, just wait and you will see. Seriously.

This is the best news I've ever heard since I decided to switch to MAC a month ago. I am a hardware fan and I care a lot about the configurations of the machine, mostly due to my heavy computational work. Have been searching for an update since then. I trust this guy, although I know some inside news may not be accurate, but having someone there to give me hope is definitely better than nothing. I would give a 1 week confidence interval to his estimated time and any time sooner or later in this range will thrill me. Cheers!

wbham

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
New Zealand
OMG YAY
I don't know why I believe you people, but joining 2006 is far more credible than the jan/feb 2010 joiners.

I wonder why a wednesday? I just really hope it is then if not sooner!!!

eyekyu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
just talked to the neighbourhood bum at the local shopping center. he was talking to a friend of his who has heard of apple and said there will definitely be an update next week.

21st100

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
I dont understand why apple have to be soo bitchy abt their macbook releases... its a laptop for god sakes.... cant they atleast let their customers know what is coming so we can make rational decisions rather than announcing it 2 mins before it comes out. How can saying that ok, we are releasing this with x,y,z specifications sometime mid feb harm the product..... stupid ppl dont know how to market their products properly...
I was talking to a friend of mine who works in sales dept at a apple shop and he said that they dont know squat til the morning the new product arrives.. the management team is the first to know who keep things very quiet, NDS i assume.. and this particular store is in Australia so as it being one of the first stores to release products due to the timezone they would find out first...
I like the rest hope something comes out nxt week :D

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I dont understand why apple have to be soo bitchy abt their macbook releases... its a laptop for god sakes.... cant they atleast let their customers know what is coming so we can make rational decisions rather than announcing it 2 mins before it comes out. How can saying that ok, we are releasing this with x,y,z specifications sometime mid feb harm the product..... stupid ppl dont know how to market their products properly...

god i fully agree...

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
I was talking to a friend of mine who works in sales dept at a apple shop and he said that they dont know squat til the morning the new product arrives.. the management team is the first to know who keep things very quiet, NDS i assume.. and this particular store is in Australia so as it being one of the first stores to release products due to the timezone they would find out first...

On the contrary. They are clever. If they announce a new laptop will be out in 2 weeks, how do you think this will affect current sales?

21st100

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
You're joking, right?

No, Im dead serious... are you at all happy sitting here for months waiting for a product?
They make wonderful products, their website is great, simple, and its all nice. The main problem is their communication skills with their customers... When they release a new product that is totally new they do a great job.. like the iPhone / iPad etc, let us know well before hand.... this is a MacBook... a hardware update at most.. im sure they know the hardware specs they are intending to ship to stores maybe next week... why cant they announce their intentions...

If today they said ok we are releasing the new MacBook Pros in April, id be happy to wait, rather than them silently updating in 2 weeks. Uncertainty is never a good thing.

On the contrary. They are clever. If they announce a new laptop will be out in 2 weeks, how do you think this will affect current sales?

Thats a great point, i guess its a win/lose scenario, Does a small gain in sales out weigh the amt of customers lost to other brands... i bet there are many many people that have decided not to get an old outdated mac and go for other manufacturers.. The only people who wait are people who are extremely choosy and are Mac fans... If i really needed a new laptop i would have upgraded months ago but i dont need one and im waiting like all of you for this release...

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
No, Im dead serious... are you at all happy sitting here for months waiting for a product?
They make wonderful products, their website is great, simple, and its all nice. The main problem is their communication skills with their customers... When they release a new product that is totally new they do a great job.. like the iPhone / iPad etc, let us know well before hand.... this is a MacBook... a hardware update at most.. im sure they know the hardware specs they are intending to ship to stores maybe next week... why cant they announce their intentions...

If today they said ok we are releasing the new MacBook Pros in April, id be happy to wait, rather than them silently updating in 2 weeks. Uncertainty is never a good thing.

It's a very clever policy by Apple, if you where in their position you would do it exactly the same way ... it's 'smart business' and Apple isn't going to do dumb business just to please you or any other of the 1% of their customers who sit and read these forums and obsess over updates....

chikhao

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010

Agree.
The thing is, many apple users don't care about tech details like hardware update blah blah..... All they care about is getting an apple because "apple is so cool". I would be amazed if over 5 percent, which is a typical statistical false discovery rate, of the apple users can tell me where to find the bash shell. Apple's marketing strategy is specifically targeted at them.
What a shame.

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
I suggest you report back here when you've taken marketing 101. Nothing kills current products like premature announcements of upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.