Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kemperman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
UK
It wasnt an iphone specific event, WWDC has been around for years and just lately has it turned into an iphone themed event.

yes of course it's been around for years but look at the advertising, it's ALL about the iPhone. you should never expect anything more from apple and then one day, maybe, you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
You guys realize that WWDC is more than just the keynote and usually every year more announcements come after the keynote? There's never enough time to cover everything during the opening keynote.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Must have missed it following the live feed from macrumors.

Meh to face time haha. People love gadgets more than people. Isn't that sad?

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
The new iPhone is awesome for sure, I hope I'll be able to afford it.
But I was expecting at least some OSX related news...
To me it kinda seems like the Computer part of Apple is becoming more and more of a hobby, just like the Apple TV.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Iphone 4 was identical to what gizmodo said months ago. There was not any mobileme, macbook air or any apple tv update? im confused.

You are confused b/c you put too much faith in unsubstantiated rumors. Those rumors may turn out to be true and show up this year, but Apple doesn't show all it's cards at one time. We also don't know what stage of development any of those items are at, if they are in development.

As for the iPhone, the Phone was identical, of course. We know the Giz was the real deal, hence the cops busting into Chen's apt. But we didn't know all the details like the gyroscope or the high rez screen. If you were not impressed w/ today then you need to retrieve your expectations from Saturn. Not a criticism, but if you believe in unicorns, you will always be disappointed. Always.

bent2013

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
I completly agree!

I was completly disappointed! One updated device, and iOS 4... Why can they not just update the Macs?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's because WWDC stopped being a conference for anything but the iPhone in 2006.

Indeed, at one point people used to attend WWDC so they could develop OSX apps. Heck Apple pulled OSX off their developer awards. Mighty sad

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
I know that but I there was so much speculation and lots of it came from credible people. I'm just underwhelmed that there was really not any surprises, AVI support would have been awesome. The best part of the whole thing was the ability for ibooks to read pdf's

There have been many cases where "credible sources" have been very wrong. Like the whole 3rd gen ipod touch getting a camera.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Nope. Check out the picture. The phone on the right, with the error message, is on the AT&T 3G network. With full bars, no less.

Yes, there was an error, the same error that appears if you don't have a data plan on. Bet they didn't put one thinking it wasn't going to be needed, surprise surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised. They both have the same bannable attitude.

Aww gee thanks!

It *is* Tallest Skil since he was banned. He even moved to a different city so Arn wouldn't catch him.

Tough for you, me and him are different, and we can prove it.

Clearly you have the personality of a wet carrot.

No, really, tell me how you really feel.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I wonder if the kid that "found" the iphone in the bar will get his "Bonus" for the iPhone being an actual one!!!!!:D:D:D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
what surprises me is that apple did have their own private wifi for the demos. or if they did they didn't get a separate line for it.

puppyflightclub

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
california
im sorry, but the NEW iPhone isnt THAT great

i mean seriously. I am an apple fanboy, and the iPad had my same opinion, but I bought it, i'm not saying i wouldnt buy this, because i will eventually, but i am one of those who didnt get an early upgrade, but the new iPhone isn't worth paying full price for it.

all thats new is Front Facing camera, improved camera, HD recording, better graphics.

seems like an 3GS 2 to me.

Don't flame me, I LOVE apple. Just dont think the anticipation was worth it.

What do you guys think?

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I agree. Had AT&T not bumped my upgrade date, I wouldn't be buying one. But since I can and probably break even selling my 3GS, I'll upgrade. :)

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
So, all of those things make it a "3Gs 2."

What would make it a true iPhone 4, for you?

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Hey it's all good -we are all allowed to have opinions......

.....personally, I <<insert expletive here>> LOVE the new iPhone 4 -can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.