[Merged] Post-iPhone-4 Verizon discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jun 4, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I am sick of waiting! Come next week I'll finally have my first iphone! YESSS

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

+1

My Droid was recieved by Verizon yesterday - service terminated in my 30 day window today. Can't wait for Monday.

3. jbro1999 macrumors regular

Good choice. I left Verizon last year. Haven't missed them at all.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm following you on twitter man!

I'm likely going to head to Verizon, to each their own really. :)

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here. I switched to at&t for the iphone from verizon last year and couldn't be happier :)

6. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Because the past 3 years i've been like alright maybe verizon! I AM DONE!! LOL, I don't care about that POS Android, get me the iphone already.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your parents are ok with it? They're still staying with verizon?

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

You and I always had the same situation lol, been with Verizon for the last 3 years wanting to switch to AT&T to get the iPhone,also I have a family plan just like you, and now enough is enough I'm sick of waiting for Verizon iPhone because it's not gonna happen anytime soon, so finally I'm switching to AT&T to get the 4G!!, good luck bro.:D

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I was on Verizon for two years before switching over to AT&T.

I'll be honest, the service in my area is better with AT&T. Glad I made the move.

10. eldervovichka macrumors regular

Switching was the best thing we have done...

We switched from Verizon to AT&T two years ago with the iPhone 3G. I have great service all over Phoenix. My wife has a couple dropped call in our small little town, but other than that they have been great! Our 3G's will make excellent iPod Touches for the kids after next week. Can't wait!

Jeff

11. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

12. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I switched from nextel when the first iPhone came out. I switched for the phone but have been extreamly pleased with AT&T service. Their 3G coverage should cover more area!

13. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Agreed. I switched from Sprint to Cingular (now AT&T) and couldn't be happier with the cell service. There have been very few places that I have dropped calls. I do wish that AT&T would cover more with 3G. It's fine where I live, but my in-Laws house doesn't have 3G.

14. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Yeah, they're keeping verizon. They aren't tech savvy like me. To them a phone is a phone lol. I've been wanting the iphone. They are happy with Verizon but I want the iphone. No more waiting for me. haha

15. icyfire macrumors 6502

for you guys switching from verizon, what are you doing about the fact that the $30 unlimited plan will no longer be offered after June 7th (assuming you want the unlimited plan)? I'm a current Verizon user who is planning on getting a 3GS on June 6th so that I can get the $30 unlimited data plan. Then when the new iPhone is released, I'll return the 3GS (unopened) and get the 4th gen iPhone.

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I love the theme and overall attitude of this thread so I'll chime in.

AT&T catches way too much flak around here. Service is rock solid in my area and everyone I've convinced to leave Verizon has been very happy with their move.

17. OOC macrumors member

Before switching to Sprint for the Pre, I was on AT&T. There were no problems from what I experienced, albeit I didn't have an iPhone.

I've seen what the EVO has to offer and will now wait for what's shown Monday. Depending on that, I may be switching back or staying with my Pre until further notice.

18. plusonechoi macrumors member

exactly my feelings as well! i like this thread!

19. Burglnar macrumors newbie

Good to see that I am not the only one who's been agonizing over switching strictly for iPhone/ the unlimited data plan. If there's ever been a good reason to bite the bullet, avoiding paying $25 for every 2GB of data is it in my opinion. Luckily I am out of contract with Verizon (hence why they've been calling me trying to give me "a great deal on a new phone" or even a month of free service if I re-sign) so I'm considering jumping on my mother's AT&T family plan (already 2 step brothers with iPhones on that plan) and paying her the difference in price every month. One question for anyone with a family plan- if you get the 3000 min voice with the $30 unlimited data (before July 7, obviously) and $30 family text plan, it only costs $9 to add another iPhone line, not more individual monthly charges for data and text, correct? In other words, it's going to add $9 a month more plus cost of activation and phone, not an extra $69 ($30 data, $30 text, $9 extra line) added to each bill? Assuming of course we (Mom, Step-Dad, sister, 2 step bros + me) can survive on 3000 min of talk a month. Shouldn't be a problem for me considering I avg. about 250 min a month but one Step Bro and my sister are both teenagers so... We'll see. Any problem with my logic here?
    Either way I come out paying less than currently at Verizon but can have an iPhone with a grandfathered unlimited data plan- and hopefully will be trading it in for a 4G/ HD next week. On that topic too, does it have to be unopened and unused if I wanted to make that happen or do I have 30 days of actual use to trade it for the new model, as I would with Verizon? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Data is charged per phone. So if you were to join their family plan with an iPhone it would be $9.99 for the extra line, then $15-30 for data depending on what data plan you get for your phone.

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

And that my friends is why you don't believe the crap Verizon spews....

22. Burglnar macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find this information anywhere online. They fail to mention it anywhere on the iPhone/ service plan ordering pages. I even read through the lengthy AT&T Family Plan Terms page and couldn't find it. They sure aren't advertising the true cost of service very well (at least for family plans)- which isn't very surprising but it sure is frustrating when trying to weigh my options. Anyone know where I can find this info online so I can refer to it for planning with my family? Thanks!

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you go here it shows all of the family plans. Then shop their cell phones. All of the smart phones will a statement at the bottom saying that a data plan is required.

Attached Files:

24. Burglnar macrumors newbie

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. You rule man! Guess my searching was off target or something.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93