More to Come from Apple... Soon?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Wired's Cult of Mac blog offers some uncharacteristic tidbits from a knowledgable friend who is only attributed as an "anonymous source".

This source claims that the Steve Jobs keynote that was delivered was not the actual keynote originally planned. As noted before, Steve Jobs prepares for weeks prior to the actual event.

Instead, the claim is that "some very, very cool stuff" was eliminated because of supply issues. The blame is laid on the Core Duo chips. When asked if the products were simply 12" and 17" MacBooks, the source claimed the unreleased products are "much cooler".

The reliability of this source is unknown so it should be taken with significant uncertainty. It is only posted on Page 1 due to prominence of the blog which will likely generate a significant amount of discussion.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Of note the author of this Blog is the Author of Cult of Mac and Cult of iPod books. for what it's worth...

arn

reglarecneps

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2006
Plasma!

I knew it, I knew it, Plasmas are definitely coming.
<crosses finger>

True about the wrong chips "problem", I still want the TV Though.

bhirt

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2004
I call BS

So i think there is no way this is true. It's always some supplier that's at fault for something like this. If apple had some "cool" product, they would have announced it. Intel has never had supply issues like what's implied in this article.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Can't wait to see if this turns out to be true. I'm sure I won't be in the market for whatever it is, but it will be interesting to see if Apple incorporates new Intel technology, especially this soon. I wonder what else Apple can think of.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Maybe 2006 is the year that Apple tries to one up Sony, and become the new consumer electronic giant over the next two years. The iPod has replaced the Walkman...

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
Couldn' disagree more

bhirt said:
So i think there is no way this is true. It's always some supplier that's at fault for something like this. If apple had some "cool" product, they would have announced it. Intel has never had supply issues like what's implied in this article.

The thing that convinces me is the observation about the keynote address. He went on forever about iLife and iWork that really was a lot of crap. I was dissappointed with the keynote. He gave the impression that he was plugging holes at the last minute. I am sure there is a lot more cool stuff to come. Otherwise Apple is in deep trouble. All the hype to have only two computers that really aren't much of a revolution- there needs to be more.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I still doubt the plasma TV theory. it's just not feasable to integrate a computer and TV since they have such different usable lifespans.

maybe an iBook... it could be considered big if it gets a new design.

maybe they update the Power Mac or Xserve... they could do quad proc across the line with the cost of the core duos. hell, with the power consumption of the things they could have 8x processors... no massive heat sinks.

or maybe they announce the MacBook Pro's battery life. :D

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Will_reed said:
Just as long as theres another stevenote Im happy
You betcha! Remember Steve said: "Some of you we won't see again before then" (1st April). So obvisouly there's another smaller than MWSF stevenote planned - another red curtain "One more thing..." event maybe?

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
If that blog has any truth to it I wouldn't be thinking plasma tv..

From the blog :
"He also said that if he were me, he probably wouldn't order one of the new MacBook Pros."

discuss..

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
Well, i did talk to a Fry's employee last monday. He said he has seen a new Shuffle. However, he said it wasn't that special, no screen. However it was a bit smaller.

Then again, the employee seemed to despise iPods. I notice a lot of Fry's employees peddling Creatives which they have displayed much better.

I still want my mac mini DVR, actually that seems to fit the description.

cjboffoli97

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
Seattle, WA
Must be a media center

Having just returned from CES where I saw everyone doing media centers, I have to think that Apple MUST be doing this too and sometime soon. But methinks they're smart to wait and devote the available Duo chips to the new iMacs and Macbooks. The latter is the eventual incarnation of the "Powerbook G5" that everyone was waiting for. The demand will be huge. I've already ordered mine and I currently own a perfectly good 15" Powerbook 1.67GHz.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
If I hadn't ordered an iMac instead, I would be hoping for 12" macbook pros. I'd rather they came out at WWDC in June when *maybe* I'd have enough for one aswell..
I hope for plasmas if anything :D